• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Interesting... blockchain domains.

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
... and it's gone!

LOL.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
If the silver reddit mob adopted the gamma squeeze tactic with silver futures the bullion banks would be fucked. Live by the sword...
They are actually getting ready to start taking delivery of 1000 oz bars. Rob was talking about it on tonights podcast. Says they may just try and go directly to the mines to get them. Also says some big players are stepping up.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Meme stocks are back, or so it seems. The mechanism being used is options and the hedging that prudence requires of the option writers (aka market makers). In a nutshell, you find a heavily shorted stock, you go ballz out on cheap out of the money options giving you insane leverage ($ to stocks issued) which then forces the market maker (they write the majority of the options) to hedge their risk by buying the heavily shorted stock resulting in a short squeeze. Not such and issue when a lone trader goes there but when you get a reddit swarm....?! Ironically this isn't that dissimilar to the PPT tactics to support the indexes via futures.

It is believed in some quarters that if this dynamic gets too much momentum (too many "break the system" reddit kidz!) then it has (I quote) "the potential to bring the integrity of the system into question".

DYODD... etc. Watch the meme stock noise closely for the next few months.

JMO etc...

Please. Reddit didn't create this idea. Look up the Japanese central bank buying millions of OTM calls on the tech stocks. Just a large Gamma squeeze.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The Readdit crowd, Youtube apes, and the others are fascinating. Collectively theyve done amazing research and have become fairly sophisticated very quickly. They've made Hedge Funds into dumb money.

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Darius Dale has gone bullish gold, interesting.

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Please. Reddit didn't create this idea. Look up the Japanese central bank buying millions of OTM calls on the tech stocks. Just a large Gamma squeeze.

Who gives a fuck who created it? The reddit plebes have learned the trick and are getting organized to utilize it, this is new and this is tradable.

BTW the PPT (aka Working Group on Financial Markets) probably originated the model (there is a white paper somewhere after 1987 on the subject) and taught it to the Japanese but who really knows, I wasn't in the room.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Meme stocks are back, or so it seems. The mechanism being used is options and the hedging that prudence requires of the option writers (aka market makers). In a nutshell, you find a heavily shorted stock, you go ballz out on cheap out of the money options giving you insane leverage ($ to stocks issued) which then forces the market maker (they write the majority of the options) to hedge their risk by buying the heavily shorted stock resulting in a short squeeze. Not such and issue when a lone trader goes there but when you get a reddit swarm....?! Ironically this isn't that dissimilar to the PPT tactics to support the indexes via futures.

It is believed in some quarters that if this dynamic gets too much momentum (too many "break the system" reddit kidz!) then it has (I quote) "the potential to bring the integrity of the system into question".

DYODD... etc. Watch the meme stock noise closely for the next few months.

JMO etc...
I have GME 300's for Friday. Just need 1 more pop :)

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
They are actually getting ready to start taking delivery of 1000 oz bars. Rob was talking about it on tonights podcast. Says they may just try and go directly to the mines to get them. Also says some big players are stepping up.

Yep and in the end it will work but they are working from the least leveraged end of the market, the opposite of the meme stock dynamic. If they did both they'd use their own tools against them. That would be ballzy and smart.

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

We Are at the Top of the Bubble – Alasdair Macleod​

video

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
AMC just diluted them again. Which is why I held off on buying the stock (with a huge amount of debt and just trying to survive), though I was about one day from buying it on the breakout and retest around $11. But it didn't hit my target and ran away. Gamestop is a different beast and I hope some of the Youtube crowd uses profits to come over to the better meme stock.

Last edited:

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
IF ET wanted us gone we would all be gone long ago.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Low ball day. Might be a bit early though.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SLV Jan 2022 calls nothing else got filled not chasing this bounce.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if today's lows hold on this retracement. Think they might try to run stops near $17.00 SILJ and try for $16.80. Just watching too close to the top to bet on an imminent turnaround now. Might take a while.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm. Trendline break?
6bYohX41.png

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
This Basel 3 thing is interesting but I don't think it affects things the way people think it will. I suspect that as banks load up on the physical, they also hedge and buy some puts.

Those that hold physical and need to fix it @ a value for commercial purposes sell futures short.

Interesting idea.

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Gold daily down near trend. I expect they will try and break it. If it holds we could see a spike low down to maybe the 1840 area. Todays candle needs to hold 1860 on the close.

Untitled.jpg

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
ASX Gold tribe shitting the bed this AM, -5% out of the gate. It will be interesting to see how much buying comes into play toward the end of the day.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Find her attractive I confess but dumber than dirt. This is right up there with her best.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"If you don't build it, they won't come."