• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Remember Dave Clark. Good looking guy ended up looking like a Klingon.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Dutch Police Arrest Three in Pump-and-Dump Scheme Involving Self-Made Cryptocurrency​

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dutch-police-arrest-three-pump-045321983.html

James Rubin
Fri, June 4, 2021, 11:53 PM·1 min read

Dutch police arrested three men in the industrial town of Deventer for attempting to defraud investors by selling them a self-made cryptocurrency and then intentionally sinking its price.
  • The police charged the men with fraud and embezzlement, and did not rule out additional arrests.
  • Police arrested one of the men at a Deventer warehouse that held several computers used for mining cryptocurrency, and that there “was also an issue of electricity theft,” according to a press release posted on the website of the National Dutch Police.
  • The arrests stemmed from an investigation of the cryptocurrency exchange Coinhouse.eu, which authorities have suspected of embezzling customers’ money and defrauding them.
  • In what authorities described as a pump-and-dump scheme, one of the men, a 39-year-old, produced the cryptocurrency and advertised it on a cryptocurrency platform and Twitter, luring investors and boosting the price. He then sold a large volume of digital coins over a short time frame, rendering them “worthless.”
  • The 39-year-old man is also suspected of similarly trying to scam investors using ERSO, MALC, EUROP and TulipMania digital currencies, the press release said.
  • During the investigation, police seized a house, vehicles, computers and cryptocurrencies.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
^^^
Defrauded via cryptocurrency? How could you tell?

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Gold Daily -> Trend appears to have held up well! 1908 is the hurdle on a daily closing basis. The sooner we nail it the stronger we are. For now expect a week or so under the line -> JMO and happy to be wrong.

1622939808530.png

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Which one? I think both sides qualify potentially as both. I cant believe how much "market cap" changes on one dudes tweeter.

lukdiver

Seeker
Reaction score
Gold Daily -> Trend appears to have held up well! 1908 is the hurdle on a daily closing basis. The sooner we nail it the stronger we are. For now expect a week or so under the line -> JMO and happy to be wrong.

View attachment 212952
Interesting article where Alastair MacLeod speaks about gold and that China holds about 20k tons and the citizens 16k tons. If true our Fort Knox(supposed) 9000 tons pales in comparison. Also covers Basel 3.
EDIT: saw a post on Zero-Hedge and guy stated China imported 600-800 tons of gold & 4000 tons of silver in April (included trading report from Shanghai Gold Exchange but I didn't research it). This doesn't include Central Bank imports. That's a lot of precious metal!
EDIT.EDIT: I see over on 'goldmoney.com' that Alastair cites much lower numbers (gold exports to China from Switzerland in April was 40.2 tonnes).

Last edited:

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Is anyone here using Webull? TD Ameritrade's ex-CEO just made a bumbling fool of himself this weekend and I'm still broker shopping. They all have serious problems. It seems like all of the YouTube guys love Webull but I just can't get over the Chinese factor there. The only other broker that seems to be having few issues and a lot of transfers in would be Fidelity and that would be an option.

How about Sofi? I have looked at buying that stock but they have some investing options. Probably not the sophistication of Webull.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone here using Webull? TD Ameritrade's ex-CEO just made a bumbling fool of himself this weekend and I'm still broker shopping. They all have serious problems. It seems like all of the YouTube guys love Webull but I just can't get over the Chinese factor there. The only other broker that seems to be having few issues and a lot of transfers in would be Fidelity and that would be an option.

How about Sofi? I have looked at buying that stock but they have some investing options. Probably not the sophistication of Webull.
Last week I was watching a live stream on you tube. Some guy trading AMC. Seemed to have issues with lagging and sometimes just cutting out completely. If your day trading use caution.
I could see his screen and the pricing and it was definitely behind my screen on TOS. Could be lagging stream from you tube though.
I didn't hear anything about AMTD but I'm not really plugged in anyway. What did he say?

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
We have been in 'lock-down' again here in sunny Melbourne!

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
100K Silverbacks... not what you call 'going viral' but plodding along.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The whole seen has a religious zeal to it. Goldbugs are pale by comparison.

Gold didn't make a bunch of Billionaires in a decade. It makes sense they have had some people go past "All-In".

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
CHS-->FOMO.

Earnings tomorrow.

[WTT currently up 65.3%.]

[Trend following is frequently like this.]

7I7qHUCV.png

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The old high is 20K there is a lot of confluence above in the low to mid 20's. Until they can make a new low there is still a possibility of a run to the mid 40's first.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
WTT bought GALT @ 3.99 about 7 weeks ago. Current price is 3.96.

However GALT looks to be forming a bullish pendant on the daily chart. [Posted for historical reference.]

[If I'm right, I told ya so. If I'm wrong.... crickets...]

t7FGxUpQ.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
WTT bought GALT @ 3.99 about 7 weeks ago. Current price is 3.96.

However GALT looks to be forming a bullish pendant on the daily chart. [Posted for historical reference.]

[If I'm right, I told ya so. If I'm wrong.... crickets...]

View attachment 213172

It's not a pendant, it's a pennant. [Dumbass.]

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I knew you weren't talking about jewelry.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
“I am what I am.” — Popeye

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Democracy has no meaning if people simply vote uninformed, as they are propagandized. It will be sport for future historians to mark the thing that most pushed America into decline. Seeing decades of success abroad in using info ops, the CIA and others turned those weapons inward. So seeing her Deep State meddle in presidential politics, simultaneously destroying (albeit mostly with their cooperation) the adversarial media, while crushing faith in both our leaders and in the process of electing them, will certainly be a top qualifier.