• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

Back to the Future!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
China appears to be deadly serious about canning BTC inside China. This looks like it is driven from the top. I'm thinking this will result in BTC in that ~10K area. This should feed into the rotation into gold theme IMO.

Watching...

Zed

Back to the Future!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Nervy but flat on the open for gold stocks down here. Trying to establish direction.

Last edited:

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
China appears to be deadly serious about canning BTC inside China. This looks like it is driven from the top. I'm thinking this will result in BTC in that ~10K area. This should feed into the rotation into gold theme IMO.
Are you a buyer of BTC if this happens?

Zed

Back to the Future!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Are you a buyer of BTC if this happens?

I will tell you when/if we get there. If we do 10K I think this will be down for a year or more so there will be lots of time.

Zed

Back to the Future!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'm starting to get that 'balls in my throat' fear response with metals/miners at the moment. It may mean that we are nearing a good entry point.

It's normally a good sign!

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Weak response by the miners now giving it back.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Weak response by the miners now giving it back.
Miners weren't buying the pop in metals this morning and now that PM gains are being given back they are puking. Morale looks pretty rough at the moment. (I know that's how I feel, anyway)

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I smell a strong Liquidity crisis just over the hill. Banks and Dr. Copper are really weak looking. Gold and the miners also look pretty rough. Of course the Reverse Repo crisis is spiking to new highs every day as well. The USD will probably also rip higher.

Last edited:

Zed

Back to the Future!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I smell a strong Liquidity crisis just over the hill. Banks and Dr. Copper are really leak looking. Gold and the miners also look pretty rough. Of course the Reverse Repo crisis is spiking to new highs every day as well. The USD will probably also rip higher.

Yeah, I was listening to a market prognosticator a while back calling for a major stock fall at the end of the year. He said he expected gold will go with to start then turn up early.

Zed

Back to the Future!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
BTC still in dead cat bounce territory. Watch for that sub 30K daily close.

Zed

Back to the Future!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Silver consolidating in what could be a bear flag, projects the $23 area if it breaks lower. On the weekly the bottom of the range is ~22.65 on closing with a 21.x possible. If that falls out it would have to be a trading buy. Some puts might be prudent insurance around here, just a passing thought.

Zed

Back to the Future!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Gold short term kinda looks like it's going to try the 173x/4x area. It is a possible bear flag that projects 1632 if it breaks lower!

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Fed Kills the Economy – Michael Pento​

video at bottom

Zed

Back to the Future!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
What does that mean?

The daily pattern breaks down (out) on a close below 30K (or near enough) which would indicate that the bear flag has a high probability of being a valid pattern which in turn brings the ~10/11K target into play. Over ~30K and the bullish case (from here) has a shot. Looks weak to my eyes but hey...

My
2c FWIW.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another muted day in the miners with Silver up.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Another muted day in the miners with Silver up.
The miners aren't buying this managed, massaged crap. They are waiting to see the markets actually speak up and say something. I hit my last stink bid on a miner today. I'm 90% in. From an investing standpoint I feel like I want to crawl off into a bathtub and slit my wrists. Hoping the darkest hour is right before the dawn, but I think some of the ideas Zed presented above are more realistic. So it goes. You never counts yer money while you're sittin' at the table...

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Zed

Back to the Future!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The miners aren't buying this managed, massaged crap. They are waiting to see the markets actually speak up and say something. I hit my last stink bid on a miner today. I'm 90% in. From an investing standpoint I feel like I want to crawl off into a bathtub and slit my wrists. Hoping the darkest hour is right before the dawn, but I think some of the ideas Zed presented above are more realistic. So it goes. You never counts yer money while you're sittin' at the table...

My head can't see the bear case here aside from a potential general liquidity drought drying it up for all short term, my gut says we are seeing chart painting, the charts tell me that lower is a real risk.

I think there is a sharp move coming and a strangle or similar is the way to play it.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Zed

Back to the Future!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I just re-did the BTC downside projection using highs and lows instead of closes, including this latest low. It comes in around the 2020 low @ ~4500! (~3800 was the low). Using closes it now sits @ ~9K.

Using closes is the more conservative way of setting these targets. Conservative might not be the go considering it is BTC.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Same here.
I bought the dip, and it dipped some more.
So I bought the second dip, and it dipped again.
I went all-in and it dipped even further.
So we have two options; wait it out with our current positions, or liquidate and buy at the bottom. You know how catching a falling knife goes. . .

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SILJ same closing price the last 5 days within a few cents of course. I think whichever way it goes follow. Stop under $15

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fockers sold the miners on the open again.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
CDE kicked in the nutz at the close.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Chicos FAS (CHS) was a stock I was very happy with. Unfortunately my WTT system had me sell the stock this past Monday because it fell below the stop loss level. In the week since, CHS moved up and almost touched the line I labeled "Double" because it would have been a double at that level had I not sold. The craziest thing of all is that although you can't see it on this chart, CHS has given another new buy signal and so I will be purchasing it again at Monday's open. [Along with 4 other stocks.]

[That doesn't feel so good, but I must follow my rules.]

Vhqtratg.png

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Chicos FAS (CHS) was a stock I was very happy with. Unfortunately my WTT system had me sell the stock this past Monday because it fell below the stop loss level. In the week since, CHS moved up and almost touched the line I labelled "Double" because it would have been a double at that level had I not sold. The craziest thing of all is that although you can't see it on this chart, CHS has given another new buy signal and so I will be purchasing it again at Monday's open. [Along with 4 other stocks.]

[That doesn't feel so good, but I must follow my rules.]

View attachment 215794
You never go broke taking profits! Feel good a bout it.

Zed

Back to the Future!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Careful if miners don't hold today's bottoms. SILJ $14.80 support $14.75 or we go very deep I think.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Careful if miners don't hold today's bottoms. SILJ $14.80 support $14.75 or we go very deep I think.
It is looking pretty bleak out there for the miners at the moment. The dealer bullion market appears to have softened over the past week or so as well. We are certainly at a crossroads for the time being. I agree that if we stay soft then there is a good bit of downside possibly ahead.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Four months old already but so is most of the stuff out there. I mean up only right? Bearish to say the least. You can start around 12 minutes and get the gist of it. Anything can happen. I have nothing on anywhere at this point.