• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_(magazine)

In 2009, its paid and verified circulation was 408,622, with 95.8% of that coming from subscriptions. Its websites—NYmag.com, Vulture, the Cut, and Grub Street—received visits from more than 14 million users per month.[6]

From their own "about us" tab on their website:
http://mediakit.nymag.com/#_ga=2.188799725.753050750.1626983452-1666644466.1626983450

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Love could be maybe.

A quote from the article:

"In my experience, company selection is extremely important."

Give the author a nomination in the "understatement of the year" category.

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Interesting data, but difficult to accurately interpret.

I listened to a Phd working in the vaccine area and he was saying that the dynamics are misunderstood. Vaccinating everyone into a pandemic will make the bug mutate to a stronger form and make things worse. He suggested that effective vaccination was only really possible when infection wasn't wide spread. It was an interesting and surprising talk.

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
More to this clip than it appears... BTC and the NSA feature toward the end and it makes you wonder, would they create something they can't 'solve' and make it public domain?

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Getting hit hard down here today in the goldies... sitting @ -6%

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Gold Stock Investing: Rules That Matter

Stewart Thomson
email: stewart@gracelandupdates.com
email: stewart@gracelandjuniors.com
email: admin@guswinger.com
July 20, 2021

1. Monday’s stock market meltdown did not hurt gold, but the miners and silver took a hit. The big question:
  2. Is this the start of a bear market in stocks or is it just a dip that should be bought?
  3. For some insight into the matter, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. The US government and the Fed have become a ghoulish debt and money printing tag team. The tag team has created near-hyperinflation in the stock, bond, and real estate markets.
  4. Having said that, it likely takes another significant wave of inflation to pop the stock market bubble.
  5. As Bank of America notes, more money is flowing into stock markets this year than in the past two decades!
  6. A major reaction in the August-October period is likely, and the final peak probably happens in 2022 or 2023.
  7. Please click here now. I sold about 30% of my US stock market holdings ahead of the meltdown, and moved another 30% to trading my short-term “traffic lights”. I suggested gold bugs with stock market exposure do the same thing.
  8. My traffic light signals should keep investors safe, and there will be some big gains on both the long and short side in the year ahead.
  9. More government debt and central bank money printing likely keeps the stock market boat afloat, but the winds of civil war are blowing, and that could sink the boat sooner than expected.
  10. Many republicans believe that forensic audits will prove they won the election, and the democrats lost. The anger could morph into significant violence, or civil war.
  11. Please click here now. Tension between democrats and republicans is intense, but in the big picture, the leaders of both parties continue to embrace the fiat “swamp thing”. Fiat money is the macabre enabler for America’s debt worship and money printing madness.
  12. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this weekly gold chart. The price action is positive. Note the fresh upturns on the lead lines of the Stochastics oscillator and moving averages.
  13. Indian jewellers have forecast a resurgence in demand will begin later in August and that seems likely. Also, Biden isn’t going to just hand over his presidency to Trump, regardless of what the audits suggest.
  14. Even if he did, Trump has shown no interest in replacing fiat with gold.
  15. America’s next decade is likely to be dominated by republican-democrat tension that turns violent… and inflation. Meantime, middle class incomes in China and India are growing faster than gold supply.
  16. Clearly, the big picture is that both the fear trade of the West and the love trade of the East are going to ensure that gold continues to crush fiat with ease.
  17. Having said that, I’ve cautioned silver and mining stock investors to have patience. The last big buying opportunity was in March at about $1671 for gold.
  18. More great buying opportunities will happen, but not until gold either trades above $1966 or near $1566. The good news: I’m projecting that $1966 is next!
  19. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this SIL silver stocks ETF. The action is disappointing, but not for those who follow the gold bullion support and resistance rules.
  20. Note the fabulous rallies from November 2020 and March of this year. Both occurred from significant gold support zones ($1776 and $1671).
  21. Rather than try to “call a bottom”, my suggestion for silver stock enthusiasts is to simply wait. Buy silver stocks when gold is at a price of about $1566 or $1966… and cheer that $1966 is next!
  22. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. GOAU tends to outperform GDX in a strong gold market but investors can outperform everything if they focus on the gold bullion support and resistance rules.
  23. It turns out that rules weren’t made to be broken, especially in the gold market! Note the nice rally for GOAU from gold $1776 and the huge one from $1671.
  24. If gold trades above $1966, that price area will become a big floor and turn miners into cash flow cows on steroids. It would become a major launchpad for the next great gold stock rally!
July 20, 2021
Stewart Thomson
Graceland Updates
email for questions: stewart@gracelandupdates.com
email to request the free reports: freereports@gracelandupdates.com

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I think that Sweden's approach is coming into it's own now. I'm going to guess that they now have true herd immunity and IMO the curve's will diverge to an even greater degree. At the opposite end of the scale we (Aus) have none and are reliant on the vaccine working. The cost to both countries was high be we are still very vulnerable and they are probably not.

1627010585828.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I listened to a Phd working in the vaccine area and he was saying that the dynamics are misunderstood. Vaccinating everyone into a pandemic will make the bug mutate to a stronger form and make things worse. He suggested that effective vaccination was only really possible when infection wasn't wide spread. It was an interesting and surprising talk.
I think if everyone threw their hat in the ring and there was enough vaccine for the vast majority to get it quickly, it would be like a down pour on a forest fire. It might tamp down the virus by brute force. This might lead to less cases, less virus, and maybe less mutation. The current mosaic of vaccinated and unvaccinated probably does make the landscape ripe for increased viral mutation.

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I think if everyone threw their hat in the ring and there was enough vaccine for the vast majority to get it quickly, it would be like a down pour on a forest fire. It might tamp down the virus by brute force. This might lead to less cases, less virus, and maybe less mutation. The current mosaic of vaccinated and unvaccinated probably does make the landscape ripe for increased viral mutation.

Yeah... he was arguing that it isn't achievable and showing the data that many places saw acceleration after vacc started and in those that didn't it looked very much like it was coincident with a normal disease peak and fall off.

I dunno... It's hard to argue with PH'ds.... even if they are wrong they have a shit ton of data to support what they say so you really have to look at the same data and come up with an alternate hypothesis.

:don't know:

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

That has been known forever! This is why they invented commodities law in the first place, primary producers where getting fucked over by Wall St and Industry using futures. Now if it was enforced in all circumstances gold might be a different price.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Yeah... he was arguing that it isn't achievable and showing the data that many places saw acceleration after vacc started and in those that didn't it looked very much like it was coincident with a normal disease peak and fall off.

I dunno... It's hard to argue with PH'ds.... even if they are wrong they have a shit ton of data to support what they say so you really have to look at the same data and come up with an alternate hypothesis.

:don't know:
The devil is always in the details... lies, damn lies, and statistics. It is unfortunate that we don't really have a chance to disprove his thesis.

I was talking with my father the other day about the US industrial response to WWII, and he said that back then the entire country seemed unified, and capable of most any goal it set it's sites on. Whatever the reason is now, and I'm sure some of it is deliberate disinformation by those who would seek to benefit from the ensuing chaos, we seem to be fractured, splintered into lots of pieces, and at loggerheads regarding so many things.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We've been had from all directions.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Junior Capitulation Begins While Deal-Flow Remains Strong​

David Erfle
Friday July 23rd, 2021 09:04 EST

Kitco Commentaries | Opinions, Ideas and Markets Talk
(Kitco News) - With the gold price enduring above key support at $1800 per ounce for the past two weeks, resource stock speculators began to capitulate on select juniors late last Friday. Although Comex Gold Futures closed well above $1800 at 1:30pm PST, relative junior gold stock weakness increased into the close of the stock market as indiscriminate selling began to take place in the junior sector.

Moreover, the GDXJ junior miner ETF closed at a 52-week low just below $45 weekly support last Friday, despite the GDX being down marginally on the week and remaining well above its March lows. In the face of the gold price maintaining key support above $1800, the GDX has not been able to close above strong resistance at $35, while many juniors continue to show even more relative weakness with strength being sold into since the June reversal in the complex.

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Whatever the reason is now, and I'm sure some of it is deliberate disinformation by those who would seek to benefit from the ensuing chaos, we seem to be fractured, splintered into lots of pieces, and at loggerheads regarding so many things.

A recent study from MIT suggested that the less informed are more accepting of the official narrative and that the resistance is coming from well informed people most often using official data sets to prove their points. I'm seeing PHd's, doctors, scientists etc vocalize well reasoned criticism and concern while the media tells me it's all coming from stupid red necks. The bullshit is neck deep on this one! I have to say personally that the very well qualified people that I have talked to are all shaking their head over so much of what they see happening. The ones that are rabid and "have religion" are the middle class lefties. They are offensive assholes that condescended, refuse to discuss and want to use brute force against anyone who points out that they may not be correct. The Dunning Kruger effect is in full force with these conceited shit heads.

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It is unfortunate that we don't really have a chance to disprove his thesis.

There is data to support what he says, that is what gets my attention. Reality rarely works like theory in the initial iterations, it takes time to learn that the devil truly lives in the detail, life is counterintuitive and outcomes change radically just by altering one of the MANY inputs. They sell us simple ideas and answers to complex issues and mostly it is just wrong. I would not bat an eyelid if he is on the money.

Vaccines will stop a pandemic is a really simple idea that might not be true.

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The devil is always in the details... lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Remember this stuff is coming from the people that told you that you could catch the disease more than once and that natural immunity didn't last. Now the data turns out in favour of the idea that natural immunity is the single best defense, if you have had it then you will have strong defenses. Why did they sell fear and a narrative that ran counter to all of our previous experience? Do you really need to wonder why there is no trust left?

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Gold Stock Investing: Rules That Matter

Stewart Thomson
email: stewart@gracelandupdates.com
email: stewart@gracelandjuniors.com
email: admin@guswinger.com
July 20, 2021

1. Monday’s stock market meltdown did not hurt gold, but the miners and silver took a hit. The big question:
  2. Is this the start of a bear market in stocks or is it just a dip that should be bought?
  3. For some insight into the matter, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. The US government and the Fed have become a ghoulish debt and money printing tag team. The tag team has created near-hyperinflation in the stock, bond, and real estate markets.
  4. Having said that, it likely takes another significant wave of inflation to pop the stock market bubble.
  5. As Bank of America notes, more money is flowing into stock markets this year than in the past two decades!
  6. A major reaction in the August-October period is likely, and the final peak probably happens in 2022 or 2023.
  7. Please click here now. I sold about 30% of my US stock market holdings ahead of the meltdown, and moved another 30% to trading my short-term “traffic lights”. I suggested gold bugs with stock market exposure do the same thing.
  8. My traffic light signals should keep investors safe, and there will be some big gains on both the long and short side in the year ahead.
  9. More government debt and central bank money printing likely keeps the stock market boat afloat, but the winds of civil war are blowing, and that could sink the boat sooner than expected.
  10. Many republicans believe that forensic audits will prove they won the election, and the democrats lost. The anger could morph into significant violence, or civil war.
  11. Please click here now. Tension between democrats and republicans is intense, but in the big picture, the leaders of both parties continue to embrace the fiat “swamp thing”. Fiat money is the macabre enabler for America’s debt worship and money printing madness.
  12. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this weekly gold chart. The price action is positive. Note the fresh upturns on the lead lines of the Stochastics oscillator and moving averages.
  13. Indian jewellers have forecast a resurgence in demand will begin later in August and that seems likely. Also, Biden isn’t going to just hand over his presidency to Trump, regardless of what the audits suggest.
  14. Even if he did, Trump has shown no interest in replacing fiat with gold.
  15. America’s next decade is likely to be dominated by republican-democrat tension that turns violent… and inflation. Meantime, middle class incomes in China and India are growing faster than gold supply.
  16. Clearly, the big picture is that both the fear trade of the West and the love trade of the East are going to ensure that gold continues to crush fiat with ease.
  17. Having said that, I’ve cautioned silver and mining stock investors to have patience. The last big buying opportunity was in March at about $1671 for gold.
  18. More great buying opportunities will happen, but not until gold either trades above $1966 or near $1566. The good news: I’m projecting that $1966 is next!
  19. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this SIL silver stocks ETF. The action is disappointing, but not for those who follow the gold bullion support and resistance rules.
  20. Note the fabulous rallies from November 2020 and March of this year. Both occurred from significant gold support zones ($1776 and $1671).
  21. Rather than try to “call a bottom”, my suggestion for silver stock enthusiasts is to simply wait. Buy silver stocks when gold is at a price of about $1566 or $1966… and cheer that $1966 is next!
  22. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. GOAU tends to outperform GDX in a strong gold market but investors can outperform everything if they focus on the gold bullion support and resistance rules.
  23. It turns out that rules weren’t made to be broken, especially in the gold market! Note the nice rally for GOAU from gold $1776 and the huge one from $1671.
  24. If gold trades above $1966, that price area will become a big floor and turn miners into cash flow cows on steroids. It would become a major launchpad for the next great gold stock rally!
July 20, 2021
Stewart Thomson
Graceland Updates
email for questions: stewart@gracelandupdates.com
email to request the free reports: freereports@gracelandupdates.com

ahh, but the big picture here is getting round tripped every friggin' time,

again and again,

so unless you trade metals stocks, they are a complete waste of time as buy and holds,

holding long term they are crap, pure crap

buy joozon at 100 and hold, it goes to 400 or whatever in time,

buy x at 15, and you get to buy it again at 15 later, then later again, then later again
meanwhile the holder is getting whipsawed

the trick to metal stocks is simply to treat them like the street ho's they are,
buy 'em and flip 'em

participate in the run, then bail

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Remember this stuff is coming from the people that told you that you could catch the disease more than once and that natural immunity didn't last. Now the data turns out in favour of the idea that natural immunity is the single best defense, if you have had it then you will have strong defenses. Why did they sell fear and a narrative that ran counter to all of our previous experience? Do you really need to wonder why there is no trust left?
There is a lot to unpack in the few replies you made to my post. What I meant by the chance to disprove his thesis, was that it is frustrating to me that the vaccine is being resisted so robustly, in the first place. It seems to be effective at ameliorating serious hospitalizable disease. We currently have a small Covid spike here locally. I saw an 82 year old lady who was being hospitalized with hypoxia and moderately severe disease. She was sorry that she hadn't taken the vaccine. Being short of breath transcends politics. The ignorance and conceit comes down on both sides of the political fence. My point was, if 90%+ of the population was vaccinated it would be interesting to see whether or not we would see mutations pop up or we would see the disease die down, kind of like we saw with Measles. I'm not really slinging mud at his thesis. Just lamenting that there is so much resistance to vaccination. I don't understand the source of that intense resistance. I think there are a lot of biases being promulgated, and I don't fully understand why this is happening.

That having been said, one of the reason for all the resistance to vaccination is all the dumb ass crap coming out about recommendations to lock down and wear masks. The whole mask thing in particular has been infuriating to me. The goal posts have been moved in terms of the basis for recommendations so often that it makes my head spin. I don't know what ever happened to the simple understanding that all a regular mask does is minimize aerosolized particle spread from coughing, sneezing, and loud vocalizations in someone who is infected with the virus. It offers nothing from a protective standpoint to the wearer. The stupidity and lack of intellectual integrity being blatantly bandied about is staggering. It makes one just want to flash a giant middle finger at any official policy, whether ultimately right or wrong. It makes one throw out the baby with the bathwater, so to speak.

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is a lot to unpack in the few replies you made to my post. What I meant by the chance to disprove his thesis, was that it is frustrating to me that the vaccine is being resisted so robustly, in the first place. It seems to be effective at ameliorating serious hospitalizable disease. We currently have a small Covid spike here locally. I saw an 82 year old lady who was being hospitalized with hypoxia and moderately severe disease. She was sorry that she hadn't taken the vaccine. Being short of breath transcends politics. The ignorance and conceit comes down on both sides of the political fence. My point was, if 90%+ of the population was vaccinated it would be interesting to see whether or not we would see mutations pop up or we would see the disease die down, kind of like we saw with Measles. I'm not really slinging mud at his thesis. Just lamenting that there is so much resistance to vaccination. I don't understand the source of that intense resistance. I think there are a lot of biases being promulgated, and I don't fully understand why this is happening.

That having been said, one of the reason for all the resistance to vaccination is all the dumb ass crap coming out about recommendations to lock down and wear masks. The whole mask thing in particular has been infuriating to me. The goal posts have been moved in terms of the basis for recommendations so often that it makes my head spin. I don't know what ever happened to the simple understanding that all a regular mask does is minimize aerosolized particle spread from coughing, sneezing, and loud vocalizations in someone who is infected with the virus. It offers nothing from a protective standpoint to the wearer. The stupidity and lack of intellectual integrity being blatantly bandied about is staggering. It makes one just want to flash a giant middle finger at any official policy, whether ultimately right or wrong. It makes one throw out the baby with the bathwater, so to speak.
It not being a vaccine might have something to do with it. It is gene therapy that is experimental and untested.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Wrong thread seemingly, and I generally refrain from posting here, but since it's floating...

Also not complaining, not my thread. Providing info.

What I meant by the chance to disprove his thesis, was that it is frustrating to me that the vaccine is being resisted so robustly, in the first place. It seems to be effective at ameliorating serious hospitalizable disease.

Golden Regards
Uncle

Last edited:

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Wrong thread seemingly, and I generally refrain from posting here, but since it's floating...

Also not complaining, not my thread. Providing info.

Golden Regards
Uncle
Thanks for the referral to another thread. I chose to refrain from going there because I think the nature of information dissemination these days on the world wide web is such that you are going to be able to find what you want to find. I don't wish to be some sort of a vaccine champion. I don't have time to ward off the gunslinging, mudslinging, and endless challenges that would surely ensue. I received the vaccine very early. At the time I had a close colleagues with Covid-19 battling for his life in the ICU. I continue to come across infected individuals. I know what my personal experience is and how it relates to who seems to get ill and who doesn't, particularly as it relates to whether the individual has been vaccinated or not. As to the 'info' provided on the other link, it is up to each reader to decide about the quality and veracity of the info provided.

Last edited:

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks for the referral to another thread. I chose to refrain from going there because I think the nature of information dissemination these days on the world wide web is such that you are going to be able to find what you want to find. I don't wish to be some sort of a vaccine champion. I don't have time to ward off the gunslinging, mudslinging, and endless challenges that would surely ensue. I received the vaccine very early. At the time I had a close colleagues with Covid-19 battling for his life in the ICU. I continue to come across infected individuals. I know what my personal experience is and how it relates to who seems to get ill and who doesn't, particularly as it relates to whether the individual has been vaccinated or not. As to the 'info' provided on the other link, it is up to each reader to decide about the quality and veracity of the info provided.
But you are a vaccine champion, for receiving it early, and then advocating that the current amount of vax deaths are 'collateral damage'. Just edzacahry who are you to decide? Working for Fauci, Gates or Soros?

The 'other' thread is a GIM collective effort, over many pages. Ignore it at your behest, and as there is a vax shortage, feel free to have my extra booster at no extra charge.

If your colleague was in ICU then his doctor is/was a moron.

As for the 'info' in the other link, veracity is one click away, as stated at the initial.

This thread is a trading thread. Why did you feel that this is the correct place to bring up your vaxx championship?

Golden Regards
Uncle

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
But you are a vaccine champion, for receiving it early, and then advocating that the current amount of vax deaths are 'collateral damage'. Just edzacahry who are you to decide? Working for Fauci, Gates or Soros?

The 'other' thread is a GIM collective effort, over many pages. Ignore it at your behest, and as there is a vax shortage, feel free to have my extra booster at no extra charge.

If your colleague was in ICU then his doctor is/was a moron.

As for the 'info' in the other link, veracity is one click away, as stated at the initial.

This thread is a trading thread. Why did you feel that this is the correct place to bring up your vaxx championship?

Golden Regards
Uncle
Wow

My post was part of an A/B discussion with another individual on this thread. You are welcome to C your way out of it.

Your comment about my colleague and his doctor is epic. It is good to know that you are want to pass judgement on something you know absolutely nothing about.

I don't know what kind of box you live in but, just by amazing coincidence, I happen not to work for Fauci, Gates, or Soros. I am self employed. I mostly speak from and about observations I gather from direct experience. I've seen way more 'collateral damage' and death from Covid-19 than I have from the vaccine. In fact, I have personally pronounced scores of individuals dead who died as a direct result of Covid-19 disease and not a one from the vaccine.

I am not a vaccine champion, but I'll be damned if I will have you shaming me for getting one. There is nothing that I care less about than whether or not you get your vaccine. I generally do care about showing an individual who I meet common courtesy. However, I'll make an exception for you and merely ask someone to connect you to supplemental oxygen when you roll up on my doorstep hypoxic.

No need for your booster I've had mine, but thanks. I've not seen any sign of vaccine shortage. Nor have I seen any shortage of condescension, ignorance, unnecessary aggression, and delusional self righteousness. You can keep those, too.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
This is an interesting chart.
Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 9.51.37 PM.png

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I don't believe this to be the case.

I believe the mRNA "vaccines" fall outside the definition of what we traditionally consider to be a vaccine in that they don't use the attenuated virus approach. Thus they are more gene therapy in that they teach our bodies to respond in a desired way. This type of technology appears to offer unlimited scope for other goals like population control. There are many powerful people that are looking @ the earths resources and thinking that there are too many humans, the Club of Roman never fell by the wayside, they just melted into the bureaucracy.

Given the potential scope of an mRNA type of "vaccine", and the apparent legal protections those producing them enjoy, what gives us protection and confidence that they are what they say they are? This time maybe they are but what about in the future? This whole thing needs to be put through the ethical wringer and not rushed through in a panicked response to a largely survivable virus.

Confidence in government is very low, understandably low given the shit show over the last decade. There needs to be a cleansing of this system before you are going to see trust build again. MA was right about the public confidence cycle, it is in a major down swing.

My 2c

FWIW,

Last edited:

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

I did start it and I do meander when there is much to talk about with the market. Chill, I definitely opened the door on this one!

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I chose to refrain from going there because I think the nature of information dissemination these days on the world wide web is such that you are going to be able to find what you want to find.

I can find qualified people saying almost anything you want, yes that is true. It comes down to what sources you trust! The main stream media has destroyed its credibility over the last decade and this is a part of the issue. They now have the effect of pushing many, many people in the other direction, in this case the less they say the better!

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I believe the mRNA "vaccines" fall outside the definition of what we traditionally consider to be a vaccine in that they don't use the attenuated virus approach. Thus they are more gene therapy in that they teach our bodies to respond in a desired way. This type of technology appears to offer unlimited scope for other goals like population control. There are many powerful people that are looking @ the earths resources and thinking that there are too many humans, the Club of Roman never fell by the wayside, they just melted into the bureaucracy.

Given the potential scope of an mRNA type of "vaccine", and the apparent legal protections those producing them enjoy, what gives us protection and confidence that they are what they say they are. This time maybe they are but what about in the future? This whole thing needs to be put through the ethical wringer and not rushed through in a panicked response to a largely survivable virus.

Confidence in government is very low, understandably low given the shit show over the last decade. There needs to be a cleansing of this system before you are going to see trust build again. MA was right about the public confidence cycle, it is in a major down swing.

My 2c

FWIW,
We may be splitting hairs here. I'm not an immunologist. My understanding is that the mRNA is used to have the body create an antibody to a part of the virus. In that sense the mRNA is being used in exactly the same way as an attenuated virus. Both teach our body to respond in a desired way.

The mRNA never gets into the cell's nucleus. It does nothing to alter our DNA in any way. Therefore, it is not what I would personally call gene therapy. Perhaps we are getting into semantics.

I largely agree with the rest of what you say. Heavy handed bureaucratic policy making has created a mine field wherein it becomes difficult to discern the right step to take from wrong one. Layer this over an orgy of information and disinformation and things quickly become clear as mud.

Last edited:

perry

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
The PhD is correct. We are all doomed!
The beat goes on and on. Cleveland Indians change their name to Guardians. Next would have to be the Browns cause as we know that is racist.

can change Cleveland Browns to Cleveland Ghosts

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Aka - The Club of Rome

I think this is what the globalist's are actually wanting to deal with via global governance. In their eyes global warming, pandemic responses and economic crisis are just tools to help pull the global parliament vision together. In the end it is all about the perceived 'Limits to growth'.

Last edited:

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Aka - The Club of Rome
Interesting read. It wasn't all doom and gloom. A path forward is suggested whereby population levels out and the emphasis shifts from economic growth to individual health and knowledge attainment. One of the things I see with teens and young adults is that, they get so infused with all the material that the internet and modern possibilities afford them, that they are less focused on long term monogamy and procreation. I admit my sample size is small, but perhaps if the observation has traction, global population will soon plateau, or decrease, and the world can slowly shift from growth to sustainability. Who knows? - not me!:don't know:

Zed

Back to the Future!
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Interesting read. It wasn't all doom and gloom. A path forward is suggested whereby population levels out and the emphasis shifts from economic growth to individual health and knowledge attainment. One of the things I see with teens and young adults is that, they get so infused with all the material that the internet and modern possibilities afford them, that they are less focused on long term monogamy and procreation. I admit my sample size is small, but perhaps if the observation has traction, global population will soon plateau, or decrease, and the world can slowly shift from growth to sustainability. Who knows? - not me!:don't know:

I'm sure it can be done, in fact I believe that the free market would transition quite well. The control freaks have a different idea, they think it would be better with them in control of the process and cannot conceive that a natural 'chaotic system' of freedom would do better.

IMO the 'European project' is the model these guys want to extend to the world and the biggest obstacle is the USA as it stands.