• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Swan song of the petro-dollar? Market positive, I suppose...

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Question of the day:
Russell 2000 is stuck in a channel. Do you think this a topping pattern or Bullish continuation pattern and why?
IWM.png

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Miners to gold ratio. Gold miners haven't been this cheap relative to gold since 2019, aside from the March 2020 pandemic panic sell-off. During rational times, it's been a while since miners have been this cheap. And miners are making a killing right now. NEM 4% dividend?

gdx-gold.png

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Miners to gold ratio. Gold miners haven't been this cheap relative to gold since 2019, aside from the March 2020 pandemic panic sell-off. During rational times, it's been a while since miners have been this cheap. And miners are making a killing right now. NEM 4% dividend?

View attachment 223479
Recently the trend has been down. Cheap is cheap until it’s cheaper. Not a forecast.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Recently the trend has been down. Cheap is cheap until it’s cheaper. Not a forecast.
Not a forecast, just pointing out where there is opportunity in a world of the "everything bubble"

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Not a forecast, just pointing out where there is opportunity in a world of the "everything bubble"

Like dpong said cheap doesn't make it an opportunity unless you are of a mind that the closer anything gets to 0 makes it a buy. Miners not acting right here I would have expected a push today.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Do you think this a topping pattern or Bullish continuation pattern and why?
The whole system is rigged.... once I admitted that to myself I left the carnival midway and exited stage left....

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Like dpong said cheap doesn't make it an opportunity unless you are of a mind that the closer anything gets to 0 makes it a buy. Miners not acting right here I would have expected a push today.
Yeah I'm sure people were saying the exact same thing at the March 2020 lows. If you disagree with my post, do you have any charts to support your viewpoint? Or is this just pure opinion without technicals nor fundamentals backing it up?
You have to use common sense and buy when it's right for you. If it's not the right time for you, then what are you worried about? Right now gold miners look extremely attractive. Some are making nearly 50% profits on the price of gold. Where can you find a company making more money vs. valuation right now?

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure people were saying the exact same thing at the March 2020 lows. If you disagree with my post, do you have any charts to support your viewpoint? Or is this just pure opinion without technicals nor fundamentals backing it up?
You have to use common sense and buy when it's right for you. If it's not the right time for you, then what are you worried about? Right now gold miners look extremely attractive. Some are making nearly 50% profits on the price of gold. Where can you find a company making more money vs. valuation right now?
You can't compare today to the March 2020 lows. SILJ 5 bucks now 13.50? Looks like more risk now than after that crash.

Pure opinion I never look at charts. Look at this chart. Silver 1980 to today. Notice anything? Double top failure to make new highs refuses to make new highs along with Gold last 40 plus years. You think that is positive? Crying manipulating won't cut it either because if you believe that is the reason I ask why play a rigged game when you hold no chips?

If silver is going to $200 it follows it has to trade through $30 first. Let's see if it can do that.

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m 25% invested in the miners. I will invest more but only as it begins to move. If it does. I want to see a trend. I bought April 2020. I never buy the low and I don’t feel motivated to try. Trend is what I like.

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We're about to see whether small caps can break out higher.

VB_2021-09-02_10-49-55.png

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Good Max and Stacey. 2nd Half David Morgan:

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gold, Silver, and the miners. Looking up today.

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now I'm 50% invested in the miners.

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a tough year for Weekend Trend Trader so far. But here's a winner. Up 66.23% since purchased in July.

BTU_2021-09-03_11-44-13.png

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
That was the idea.

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Norm McD

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
So this pops on the algorithm. I personally think there is no beginning and space is infinite.

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Anyone actually believe Bitcoin traded down to 43K this morning?

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Anyone actually believe Bitcoin traded down to 43K this morning?

Apparently all the apps were down at the same time... Coinbase, Webull, and some others I don't know.

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Apparently all the apps were down at the same time... Coinbase, Webull, and some others I don't know.
Hear they ran all the stops under 46+K. I wonder how much actual volume there was near the lows though.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Sounds like bullshit, BTC isn't Gold.

How is it that the numerous "different" currencies ALL flash crash at the same moment? Would the USD and Rubble both flash crash at the same time, of course not. It tells me they are all controlled by the same entity/algo's and have little liquidity.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
BTC's momentum has been diverging since mid August. Eventually that comes to bear fruit. If BTC hinged on an exchange like the Comex, was mostly professionally traded and certain parties were privy to commonly step stop loss levels then yes stops could be easily run. With BTC being so decentralized you would be flying blind, fishing around to hit the crypto kiddies stops just based on the chart.... frankly I doubt that the vast majority have any concept of, or desire to use a stop loss.

I just don't buy it.

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Hear they ran all the stops under 46+K. I wonder how much actual volume there was near the lows though.
Looking at some of the micro bios there were some real attempts to take out some decent prospects that had their stop losses knocked out over the last month or so. There are so many games played with the market, anyone that believes that it isn't manipulated to some degree is blind, or F'cking stupid.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
There are so many games played with the market, anyone that believes that it isn't manipulated to some degree is blind, or F'cking stupid.

Everyone who is any decent size is playing a game in the market.

Tell me how you work out at what level there is a meaningful volume of BTC stop losses that can be taken advantage of. Then I might consider being a little less fucking stupid.

BTC has been losing steam since mid August and so far an obvious support level has held on the daily chart. I expect it to break down to the 38-40 level before any correction is over. We will see, looks like normal BTC market action to me.

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Everyone who is any decent size is playing a game in the market.

Tell me how you work out at what level there is a meaningful volume of BTC stop losses that can be taken advantage of. Then I might consider being a little less fucking stupid.

BTC has been losing steam since mid August and so far an obvious support level has held on the daily chart. I expect it to break down to the 38-40 level before any correction is over. We will see, looks like normal BTC market action to me.
So you don't believe that there is any manipulation in the markets Zed?

I'm not just saying BTC, I'm saying all the markets. IF Bernie Madoff really played the game with investors for all those years (he was a small fish) that there couldn't be away to manipulate any market? Would there be a reason to manipulate the BTC market? I agree with you that BTC has been losing steam, why has it been losing steam? You're looking at charts/TA to come to this conclusion, I'm sure you're not the only one.

BTW I never called YOU stupid, you inferred that, I would NEVER. What I said is "anyone that believes that it isn't manipulated to some degree is blind, or F'cking stupid." The game for the MOST part is rigged against them common NON-institutional investor.

If you took offense, well that is on you, not me.