• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
[Get real, y'all.]

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
You don't get to say y'all iffen you ain't from the South. This kind of $hit bothers me and warrants a bitch slap.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
You don't get to say y'all iffen you ain't from the South. This kind of $hit bothers me and warrants a bitch slap.
Maybe “y’all” is Ebonics is Dpong is black.
Anyhow I just listened to that Rick Rule podcast and he seems to think Uranium has more downside and volatility. Wondering if I should sell off anything that’s above water and reposition into petroleum and metals. . .

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Anyhow I just listened to that Rick Rule podcast and he seems to think Uranium has more downside and volatility. Wondering if I should sell off anything that’s above water and reposition into petroleum and metals. . .

I don't think so. :belly laugh: About Dpong that is. Rule might be saying sell U so more of his bids get filled.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Seriously though you know they say to sell losers and let winners run. We are down 2 days hard in Uranium if you want out best to wait for a big green day.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
I would agree with the Uranium statement. There was incredible hype in the Uranium space just a few weeks ago. That's what you see at the tops of bull markets. That needs to dissipate if Uranium is going to continue to go up.
The way I see it, most of the commodities are done going up. The narrative has played out in copper, steel, gas, oil, uranium, base metals. Tapering coming soon, means disinflation. Long term, yes i think they are all going higher, especially copper, uranium, and oil. However in the medium term, I think the commodities go lower.

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m from the South.

savvydon

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
How many years hard time do I have to do here before I get a pass?

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
I would agree with the Uranium statement. There was incredible hype in the Uranium space just a few weeks ago. That's what you see at the tops of bull markets. That needs to dissipate if Uranium is going to continue to go up.
The way I see it, most of the commodities are done going up. The narrative has played out in copper, steel, gas, oil, uranium, base metals. Tapering coming soon, means disinflation. Long term, yes i think they are all going higher, especially copper, uranium, and oil. However in the medium term, I think the commodities go lower.
In the spirit of transparency, I think I'll maybe keep some money in the Uranium funds like HURA.TO and URNM. My wild bet is BSK.VN.
But if I move out of Uranium positions, I think the following are areas to play in:

I will be playing positions in Donald Trump's media platform with warrants DWACW.
LAC.TO seems to have legs to run yet in lithium.
I also think there will be phases of market volatility so I have a healthy position in VXX.
REE's seem to have missed the boom so far, so I dabble in REMX.
And we're all gold bugs to some degree so I'm playing the junior miners with SILJ and SGDJ.
There's also a very interesting story with HYMCZ which is what I consider money lost, but has the real potential to be a 200-bagger.

savvydon

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
"WWZD?" . ."Waht Would Zed DO?"

And Savvydon, I been here before most of ya, and I ain't caught a break yet! LOL
Like to think he would knock around in the fringe for a while...

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
That's cold, bro.
I think we have a little misunderstanding here. This has nothing to do with anything other than y'all. That's it.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Crypto Fear/Greed Index now at 10. Can't go below 0 right?

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
As long as BTC doesn't trade below 37k? around in there this might be worth the beer money.

MARA_2022-01-07_20-28-15.png

Au-myn

Goldbug
Founding Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
10 - Year US Treasury P & F scale 3 x .07 issued a buy signal at 1.75 on a Formations in Combination pattern. Look for a run breaking 2
on this buy signal...Good for Gold!

10y.png

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Update on gold/aussie dollars. It broke out, but now it's lingering and looking weak. Close below the 50-day and it's over.
xauaud.png

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just pulled back and looked at charts of Gold, Silver, AG, CDE, FSM, GDXJ, SILJ, GDX.

To be clear, there is not a bull market in this sector. Sitting on hands over here.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Buying previous support. F/G Index now 21. Over 2K off the bottom. How much upside is left?

int.png

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
How do you know you are at a gay barbecue?

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

LME resumes trading after a third-party power outage​

https://www.reuters.com/business/power-outage-affects-trading-lme-bloomberg-news-2022-01-11/

LONDON/BENGALURU, Jan 11 (Reuters) - Trading on the London Metal Exchange (LME) resumed on Tuesday morning after a power outage as the world's top marketplace for industrial metals struggles with declining volumes.

Activity resumed at 0615 GMT following the outage at a third-party data centre on Monday evening, the LME said.

The exchange, owned by Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd. , migrated all systems to its backup data centre and trading was proceeding as normal, a spokesperson said.

The LME has faced declining volumes, competition from other exchanges and the COVID-19 pandemic, which forced the open outcry trading floor to close for 18 months.

Trading on the floor of the exchange resumed in September last year, but the exchange decided to shift closing prices to its electronic system, Select. read more

The exchange been looking to find ways to boost lagging volumes. Overall lots traded for the first 11 months of 2021 slipped by 7%, latest LME data showed.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
The hot dogs taste like $hit.
Buddy, this thread is so sad even the rednecks won’t answer the gay jokes.
I honestly think it’s because we all know the markets are in this slow erosion downward.
Dpong said it best in his last post.
there’s money to be made but it’s not in which we concentrate. For example, I stopped out of Trumps company and then the warrants took off on DWACW.
I rode it down for three legs and then when I had sold out completely, the motherfucker jumps 10% a day. Just shoot me in the face.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Gold in Aussie dollars fizzling, breaking below the 50-day. At this point, it think it just means that gold goes sideways a little longer, not that a crash is coming.
xauaud.png

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
US dollar taking a tumble, breaking down cosiderably. Looking very bearish.
Zed has pointed out many times that gold and the dollar can sometimes move together. So, just because the dollar is tumbling doesn't mean that gold is going to blast off.
usd.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
It's actually a 190% increase, but your point still stands

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Buddy, this thread is so sad even the rednecks won’t answer the gay jokes.
I honestly think it’s because we all know the markets are in this slow erosion downward.
Dpong said it best in his last post.
there’s money to be made but it’s not in which we concentrate. For example, I stopped out of Trumps company and then the warrants took off on DWACW.
I rode it down for three legs and then when I had sold out completely, the motherfucker jumps 10% a day. Just shoot me in the face.
Will you guys have to get real jobs now?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score