• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
...and when the Russian stocks do trade...they're going to ZERO! ...according to Western banksters.

1648120163936.png

5525 rubles = $57.40.

4915 to 5525 = $51.06 to $57.40(+12.41%)

1648121252706.png

Gold and silver had a very muscular move off their overnight lows. The start of something? ...or just another head fake?

1648123789107.png

That's a $.70(+2.58%) move in silver in 10 hours, while big brother tacked on $45(+2.35%) during that time. Nice to see them moving so close together.

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Sneaked into some GDXU with excess liquidity this AM when the banksters smacked down the metals. The thing is soaring.

Retrospectively the charts show the truth. The worm turned on Jan 28, 2022 and leverage on the metals has exploded upward since that day.

1648132702629.png

I've 14 calls on SILX. I believe it will mop the floor over time with the rest of the assets on this chart. Tough to reel in a leveraged play on GDX/GDXJ though...the thing has been flying to the up.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Solarion, I'm intrigued by SILX. What's your views on it? Why is it considered a "daily" ETF? From SeekingAlpha:
"It seeks to track 2x the daily performance of the Prime Junior Silver Miners & Explorers Index"

If we all believe the metals, miners and explorers are going up, is it really as simple as buying this stock and getting twice the leverage? Is it suitable for buy and hold?
What am I missing?

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Solarion, I'm intrigued by SILX. What's your views on it? Why is it considered a "daily" ETF? From SeekingAlpha:
"It seeks to track 2x the daily performance of the Prime Junior Silver Miners & Explorers Index"

If we all believe the metals, miners and explorers are going up, is it really as simple as buying this stock and getting twice the leverage? Is it suitable for buy and hold?
What am I missing?
Not long term.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Zelensky on the front line.

BN-NO700_offscr_M_20160415131024.jpg

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

What am I missing?
I see it as a swing trade vehicle myself. A lot of these things have hidden degradation built into them...IE futures contract ETFs with inherent value degradation due to losses with rolling contracts in time. As a result they trend toward zero over time...like fiat currency.

As Lancers32 said. Do not plan to buy and hold this thing for more than a few months...do that with SILJ. Also SILX options(and share) liquidity is abysmal...unlike GDXU which, while it has no options, it does have fantastic liquidity.

My SILX calls are for June of 2022, so I do not see it as a long term play. I've SILJ leaps for that out to 2024.

One can get similar results rolling calls on SILJ btw. It just takes time and patience.

Edit: In other news...CYDVF(cypress development) has been on a serious tear of late. It's a lithium/zinc/silver explorer/developer...I'll be looking to stack more on pullbacks. Still down 15% YTD, but up 60% in the past 10 days or so.

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like lunchtime for the NY criminal banksters...they're smashing the paper metals down...as they do every day at this time. I got stopped out of GDXU with a tidy gain.

Now I'll look to re-deploy into whatever looks cheap with lower metals prices. Usually they're done suppressing the metals for their lunchtime jollies right around 1:30 EST. Regular as rain these criminals are.

LAC is up another 4.8% at the moment. I keep rolling my 2024 leaps to take funds off the table, but it keeps rising to the next strike within days. Crazy stuff...there has to be a pullback at some point and I'll be loading up when it comes.

1648137985606.png

That's +41.27% in the past 8 trading days. Come on pullback.

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm not too late to this party... but what's a good play on fertilizer?

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Looks like lunchtime for the NY criminal banksters...they're smashing the paper metals down...as they do every day at this time. I got stopped out of GDXU with a tidy gain.

Now I'll look to re-deploy into whatever looks cheap with lower metals prices. Usually they're done suppressing the metals for their lunchtime jollies right around 1:30 EST. Regular as rain these criminals are.

LAC is up another 4.8% at the moment. I keep rolling my 2024 leaps to take funds off the table, but it keeps rising to the next strike within days. Crazy stuff...there has to be a pullback at some point and I'll be loading up when it comes.

View attachment 251802

That's +41.27% in the past 8 trading days. Come on pullback.
Yeah I've been in and out of LAC.TO forever. It's like a teenage boner; unpredictable, appears out of nowhere and usually disappears when you need it.
I was going to buy into strength, but instead, I set my trailing stop limits to my break even point. If it pulls back, my profit is gone. Looks like a bullish pendant forming on the 3-month daily. You can see my buys and sells, and where I have my stink bid.
Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 1.29.26 PM.png

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Yeah I've been in and out of LAC.TO forever. It's like a teenage boner; unpredictable, appears out of nowhere and usually disappears when you need it.
I was going to buy into strength, but instead, I set my trailing stop limits to my break even point. If it pulls back, my profit is gone. Looks like a bullish pendant forming on the 3-month daily. You can see my buys and sells, and where I have my stink bid.
View attachment 251809

Disappointing teenage years.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Strange that lithium plays still...somehow seem to be under the radar for most people. Lithium carbonate is up 1213% since late 2020 and still people seem to overlook the producers.

Amusing how the overpriced garbage in the dow, nasdaq, and S&P are all up on more horrendous economic news out this morning *AND* a stronger dollar. Could these markets get any more fake? Does anyone really think the fed is "tapering"? lol ...or that we'll actually see NINE more 0.25% rate hikes going forward? Gimme a break.

Tomorrow 5 year inflation expectations come out as well as UMich consumer sentiment readings. Then next week we'll see GDP revisions...and there's zero chance that stuff is good for people long over priced crap in a high inflationary rising rate environment. This market remains 100% liquidity driven with zero interest in fundamentals.

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Rolled LAC 2024 leaps once again right at the end of regular trading. This time from 32.5 to 35...and it damn nearly hit that immediately...closing at 34.85(+8.1%) today. This hit the wire about 10 mins prior to market close.

BIDEN ADMINISTRATION DRAFTING ORDER TO INVOKE DEFENSE PRODUCTION ACT FOR GREEN ENERGY STORAGE TECHNOLOGY​

A draft of the executive order obtained by The Intercept would use the Defense Production Act to ramp up mineral production for electric car batteries.​

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Hopefully, you made up for it in later years!
If you see what's walking around in High Schools, you realize you can never make up for that! :p
The positive side was that I had time for my motorcycle, a cool high school band and more beer than any16 year old should drink!

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Holy shit stix look at that spike in yields. ...goes nicely with the inverted yield curve below it, don'tcha think?

1648215379437.png

Yes...keep buying up those SPY shares people...stocks never fall after all.

Meanwhile gold and silver are being monkey hammered lower...as usual...even though the dollar is weaker.

Gold was down 15 bucks or so at that point, so I dumped all available liquidity into the GDXU and got filled @ 16.66. ...okay not the most encouraging price tag. lol

Something just broke...no way bond yields move that way for no reason.

Treasury Yields Spike After Citi Calls For 4 Straight 50bps Hikes This Year​

Treasury Yields Spike After Citi Calls For 4 Straight 50bps Hikes This Year
Treasury yields are soaring higher this morning, seemingly triggered…

Published
7 mins ago
on
March 25, 2022
This article was originally published by Zero Hedge

Last edited:

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Holy shit stix look at that spike in yields. ...goes nicely with the inverted yield curve below it, don'tcha think?

View attachment 251881

Yes...keep buying up those SPY shares people...stocks never fall after all.

Meanwhile gold and silver are being monkey hammered lower...as usual...even though the dollar is weaker.

Gold was down 15 bucks or so at that point, so I dumped all available liquidity into the GDXU and got filled @ 16.66. ...okay not the most encouraging price tag. lol

Something just broke...no way bond yields move that way for no reason.
Okay I'll bite. What would cause that parabolic jump upwards?
Two dollar pump & dump in LAC stopped out my position. Wondering why the volatility and wether a smackdown is coming.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Some ghoul at the failed criminal enterprise called "CITIgroup" apparently discovered that price inflation is a thing just this morning and called for 4x0.50% rate hikes. For some reason bond traders allegedly took this obvious dull tool seriously.

...at least that's the story.

The whole market is getting whacked so I don't think a bit of profit taking in LAC is exactly unsurprising. The question is, do people immediately run in to buy up a relatively small pullback.

Yields marching higher again...

1648220635195.png

That's an increase in the 10y yield of 5.76% in TWO HOURS.

Last edited:

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Some ghoul at the failed criminal enterprise called "CITIgroup" apparently discovered that price inflation is a thing just this morning and called for 4x0.50% rate hikes. For some reason bond traders allegedly took this obvious dull tool seriously.

...at least that's the story.

The whole market is getting whacked so I don't think a bit of profit taking in LAC is exactly unsurprising. The question is, do people immediately run in to buy up a relatively small pullback.
I'm now 76% cash and only down 5% P&L overall for my Questrade account. The stop limits worked.

Solarion, the relatively small pullback is no doubt, the result of manipulation. And I still believe the markets are so well controlled that natural market forces are not at play . . yet.
I am expecting a crash of April 2020 proportions. MY big question is whether it is a manipulated crash or one of natural market forces. Regardless, I may occasionally delve into some stocks but methinks it's time to hold some dry powder.
When things tank, they will tank fucking hard.
Will it be because of the FED? BRIC nations going goldbacked? Collapse of the Biden administration? China into Taiwan?... who knows, but it's coming.
How to profit? What would a Rothschild do?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
You could buy puts on overpriced fanboi dogshit...

1648221309426.png

Their Chinese counterpart(NIO) just reported abysmal numbers citing "supply chain volatility". One would have to be dense AF to think tesla is immune to this stuff, and with their valuation...well...look out below comes to mind.

AUnut

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
If you see what's walking around in High Schools, you realize you can never make up for that! :p
The positive side was that I had time for my motorcycle, a cool high school band and more beer than any16 year old should drink!
Fair enough. One thing in HS I didn't do, was get around. Not so much in college, either. In fact........

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
You could buy puts on overpriced fanboi dogshit...

View attachment 251899

Their Chinese counterpart(NIO) just reported abysmal numbers citing "supply chain volatility". One would have to be dense AF to think tesla is immune to this stuff, and with their valuation...well...look out below comes to mind.
No Thx. Lost enough on electric truck maker RIVN. :p

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Were you long?!? Isn't RIVN at all time lows? The thing fell from 172 to 35. Please tell me you didn't take the long side of that shit show. I'd compare their garbage earnings to TSLA...but Rivian has no earnings.

You're supposed to short garbage. lol

Here's NIO...who reported garbage earnings today. One could probably go long this EV builder and short TSLA and do well.

1648222243953.png

All these EV maker's shares are priced in unicorn farts...but at least this one is actually making cars and isn't 190x trailing PE. lol

Last edited:

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Were you long?!? Isn't RIVN at all time lows?
I bought in at $112 and stopped out at $100. It went down to ATL of $34 two weeks ago.
I could buy in, but it's not the sharpest tool in the shed. There are better plays.
Where I really could have benefited was VXX. Market volatility is easy money.
I bought a lot at @$18 and panic sold at $24, when Russia went hot with Ukraine.
I'm buying the next dip, and hopefully being more patient when China invades Taiwan.
Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 11.28.59 AM.png

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Just for some Friday fun, I'm going to throw this out there...
A lot of us give our trade results after we lost our shirts, or made a killing. I'm gonna be more transparent, and post upfront, and post my top 10 stock picks.
You can see what ones I have positions "p" in and which ones I have options "o" to buy. It should be obvious what positions I've stopped-out of.
I'd be curious to see where some of you are trying to buy in, or feedback on my positions. Keep in mind I'm a Canuck so that is reflective on my picks.
Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 11.35.01 AM.png

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I've positions in all of these, though most are option contracts.

1648224232053.png

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Avoiding meme stock madness. TSLA is probably a good short here, but there are better things to play imo.

Considering a short on a homebuilder and/or homebuilder index/ETF.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Actually what I meant was aw forget it. :blond:
OK. I was gonna say getting a stiffie in high school was never a problem especially when called upon to give an oral report.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I'd love to buy Puts on Tesla, though it ran right through resistance, but with the stock >$1,000 they are just too pricy.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Avoiding meme stock madness. TSLA is probably a good short here, but there are better things to play imo.

Considering a short on a homebuilder and/or homebuilder index/ETF.

Homebuilders are probably in a world of hurt, of course I shorted another 20 shares RCL today. What about a major player like Blackstone, BX? Zillow and Redfin were already killed.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
DNN UUUU UEC looking for a retest of the bottom of the candles of 3/17 or a retest of the 3/4 lows.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Bought June 32.50 calls on the VIX. This market cannot keep defying reality. It'll be a long weekend and there's new GDP data coming out next week. I'm betting volatility will be heading higher again.

1648238638169.png

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
CCJ new highs others not so much.

CCJ_2022-03-26_13-14-10.png
UUUU_2022-03-26_13-14-27.png