• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
FOx56O5XoAAd95X.jpg

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Welp. Monday is here. And the beatings will continue until morale improves.
I was gonna buy into a number of positions last week but decided to sit in cash.
No definite strength was indicated and still too much paper around to smash metals when needed.
How long will this sideways crawl continue? Until it doesn’t. . .

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Now imagine paying a capital gains tax on unrealized gains on your house.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
We're not talking about the amount your municipality takes.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
How would you like to have to mark to the market on your fully paid for house? You paid 100K we say it is worth 200K. Pony up or GTF out.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
How would you like to have to mark to the market on your fully paid for house? You paid 100K we say it is worth 200K. Pony up or GTF out.
I'm out.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
From the article...
"That is just one assault on the financial system. The next is the Minimum Billionaire’s Tax to be set to 20%. Most people will cheer on taxing the Billionaires. But what is also in this proposal is Elizabeth Warren’s dream of Marxism come true. The “definition” of income will include UNREALIZED gains. That means that people who started major companies like Tesla, Google, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, and so on, will be forced to sell their stock to just raise money to pay 20% of that UNREALIZED gain. They are cheering that they expect to raise $360 billion from this alone..."

Someone PLEASE explain to me what good $360 billion is going to do?

The US Government spends 318,166,660,000 (~$318 billion, 166 million) per month
https://demonocracy.info/infographics/usa/us_deficit/us_deficit.html

So that $360B is gone in about a month.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Won't do any good these assholes just want the brain dead to think they are doing something. Like AOC wearing that stupid dress to an affair that cost what 30K for a seat?

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the Yen has been obliterated this past couple weeks? I had not.

1648507327492.png

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
How would paying cap gains on unrealized gains change your investment plans? No sense holding since there would be no long term gain rate in that event. Say you buy a stock for 5 bucks by end of the year it is 8. You pay gains on 3 bucks. The stock goes to 3 by the end of the next year. Govt gonna give you your money back? :belly laugh:

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Wow! That, m y friends, is a waterfall event.
Usually quite ugly.
Cheap Jap shit? Sounds good to me. I have an old Kawasaki I'd like to replace and a Honda that needs parts. Bring it on!

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Nobody seems to be factoring in the 'Smackdown". In order to save the dollar, and devaluate the Ruble, the Cabal is going to absolutely smash metals.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Nobody seems to be factoring in the 'Smackdown". In order to save the dollar, and devaluate the Ruble, the Cabal is going to absolutely smash metals.

They can't now, that is the point. Say the banksters were to smash Gold below $1,500 today (short-term I suppose they could try). But this puts the price of Gold in Rubles LESS than the Russian's are buying at. So a large carry trade would develop and get bigger the lower the price goes. People would just buy whatever they can get here and sell to Russia.

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 75% invested in the miners.

AUnut

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Or die trying. Looks like Nickel didn't cooperate. Too bad for the people that got screwed by the LME.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
They can't now, that is the point. Say the banksters were to smash Gold below $1,500 today (short-term I suppose they could try). But this puts the price of Gold in Rubles LESS than the Russian's are buying at. So a large carry trade would develop and get bigger the lower the price goes. People would just buy whatever they can get here and sell to Russia.
With the utmost respect Voodoo, what will you be able to buy, if gold goes to $1200 and silver to $13?
Who's gonna sell? Certainly not me. Not the miners. Not the funds who hold physical like PSLV.
What a smashdown would create is a buying tornado that cannot be fulfilled . . unless the cabal and financial institutions were trying to unload paper gold and silver; which is exactly the point I'm trying to make.
Use paper gold to manipulate the market down severely, then unwind your positions. This has not happened yet.
We have seen some short positions unwind through stealth, the next phase will be pure savagery, disguised as a market crash.

Last edited:

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
With the utmost respect Voodoo, what will you be able to buy if gold goes to $1200 and silver to $13?
Who's gonna sell? Certainly not me. Not the miners. Not the funds who hold physical like PSLV.
What a smashdown would create is a buying tornado that cannot be fulfilled . . unless the cabal and financial institutions were trying to unload paper gold and silver; which is exactly the point I'm trying to make.
Use paper gold to manipulate the market down severely, then unwind your positions. This has not happened yet.
We have seen some short positions unwind through stealth, the next phase will be savagery.

Just proves that Crimex price is not Real at that point. Point being, they still implode.

Real gold has an even stronger floor now and we've already seen that with the premiums.

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Today market down & G & S up. Don't usually happen that way. Losing control?

Is there an easy way to invest in Rubles & Yuan?

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
It
Today market down & G & S up. Don't usually happen that way. Losing control?

Is there an easy way to invest in Rubles & Yuan?
Why would you want to do that? What’s the name of this website?

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
It

Why would you want to do that? What’s the name of this website?
Gimme International Moneyz............. cuz usd is trash. :winks2:
I want something that will be accepted & not depreciated every second I hold it.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Looks like another sideways day in the markets. Freezing rain here. I think I'm gonna sit this one out and take a nap.
Let's see what the Friday Smackdown brings.
Somebody wake me up if they know of any "good" investments :p

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Small caps are performing better than they have in a while. Weekend Trend Trader starting last week and continuing into this week has me currently in 12 positions out of a possible 20. I had been on the sidelines for many many weeks prior to this.

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Retirement slow trade monthly system closed out March above the 20 month moving average. I'm still long SPX.

SPX_2022-03-31_18-24-44.png

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 75% invested in the miners.
Despite all the blatantly obvious manipulation to hold silver down ahead of the end of the quarter...it's not going to stop SILJ from painting a beautiful bull cross on the daily charts in the next couple trading sessions. ;)

The little bit of sideways chop here has done little more than to relieve an overbought condition.

1648766829408.png

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Any news on when RSX starts trading again? The dollar Ruble ratio should give it a nice bump right off the bat.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Metals down miners up. Interesting.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Metals down miners up. Interesting.
Yep, it was quite a volatile day in the mining space. I was up a little bit in the early morning, then down a little bit in the late morning and up significantly(5.23%) by the end of the trading session...despite the monetary metals being lower and the PGMs being up only slightly. All of these, save WTI, are connected directly to metal production.

Dunno definitively what the cause is, but I could speculate that it has to do with economic expectations going forward. Officially inverted yield curves kind of bring that concept home, but also make it clear to anyone caring to ponder the situation from the perspective of the federal reserve that they'll soon reverse course, stop tightening, and instead loosen monetary policy.

This will cause the monetary metals...and commodities in general to explode higher relative to other assets which are all inversely correlated to interest rates. Bonds, equities, and real estate will not do well in the coming environment...that's gold and silver's domain. I believe it's only a matter of time until more fund managers arrive at this conclusion and begin funneling into commodity producers...particularly gold and silver miners. ...and there are nowhere near enough high quality PM producer shares to meet that demand. The result will be much higher prices for mining shares.

1648914530067.png

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Solarion, appreciate the candid sharing of your stock picks. It’s a well thought-out portfolio.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a patient buyer. I don't mind holding unloved shares or options for awhile...hence the EXK, HL, FSM, KGC, GOLD, AEM, etc. These things are at historically cheap valuations and I believe will explode higher when people that are remarkably slow to recognize the coming reality finally grasp the risks to asset prices that depend on historically low interest rates to continue marching higher.