• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Let's get real, is there any hope at all for gold & miners? Based on technicals, they look utterly broken. Lower lows again...

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
baby-bathwater.jpg

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Good article by Moriarity. If this is THE BIG CRASH as he predicts, will all stocks fall at the same pace and magnitude, or will there be a flight to safety in energy and commodities, specifically PM’s.
I know a lot of you are in cash. If I were to liquidate today, I would be bruised but not beaten. My stubborn side wants to believe the PM stocks will be the new flight to safety. We shall see.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Good article by Moriarity. If this is THE BIG CRASH as he predicts, will all stocks fall at the same pace and magnitude, or will there be a flight to safety in energy and commodities, specifically PM’s.
I know a lot of you are in cash. If I were to liquidate today, I would be bruised but not beaten. My stubborn side wants to believe the PM stocks will be the new flight to safety. We shall see.

Anything is possible. The problem with some of these stocks like Uranium and PM miners is that if the bottoms we are at or are approaching fail to hold there is nothing but air underneath.

Take SILJ. If 10 or thereabouts fails what is support under that? 7? UEC. If the mid to upper 2's fails where is support? DNN. If 1 or upper 90's fails where do we go? 40 cents? 85 cents?

Normally I wouldn't be afraid to scale in from here on down a bit at a time but this feels different. That in and of itself might be a buy signal.

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A crash as imagined usually occurs due to "liquidity issues." In that environment the baby really is thrown out with the bathwater. Think margin calls.

So IMHO with the commodities, especially PM's, it is DOWN then UP. Not sure it's a repeat but look at 2020. DOWN then UP has my vote.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
75 basis point raise baked in? So we get a relief rally?

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If this rally gets me to par, then I'm cashing the F*** out! :p
I don't know what you own but I would be shocked if we reach anywhere near last week's highs.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
I don't know what you own but I would be shocked if we reach anywhere near last week's highs.
Well since it's a slow day, would like people's opinions on what will rise and what will crater.
Port.png

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I would never suggest what someone would do but if you are loaded up in like 2 spaces why so many stocks?

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
A crash as imagined usually occurs due to "liquidity issues." In that environment the baby really is thrown out with the bathwater. Think margin calls.

So IMHO with the commodities, especially PM's, it is DOWN then UP. Not sure it's a repeat but look at 2020. DOWN then UP has my vote.
I'll 2nd that vote. I think down then up as well.
I don't look at my account very often anymore. There's not much left but I am 50% cash and 0 leverage. So, I'm just a longer term bag holder at this point. Either my stocks pop someday or they go out of business. Sadly there just isn't enough left to lose any sleep over. LOL.
On the bright side my core holdings of gold and silver are still intact and I just keep adding more ounces every year so that helps me sleep well at night.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Oversold can get a lot more oversold. RSI.

FSe7IiFXsAIltLX.jpg

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The Pope is an absolute pos and I don't know why Armstrong thought this important but here it is. Seems like the West is close to ready to get Putin to cease since it is obvious they have superior military capabilities. Despite the claims that Russia is backwards I think I remember they beat us into space and that was when we actually had a country.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Let's get real, is there any hope at all for gold & miners? Based on technicals, they look utterly broken. Lower lows again...
didn't miners go down in '29 as well? Then they took off...?

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The next stop?

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 8.49.30 AM.png

TEOTWAWKI...?

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 8.49.52 AM.png

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Two U's.

FVYlpaUWIAQRmo8.jpg
FVYlVY2X0AE_3YH.jpg

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

I wouldn't let this stupid beech go to the market for me.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
US markets closed Monday for WTF.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Time flies huh? August 7th marks the $30 top in Silver and the first top around $2070 for Gold which has since recently put in a double top. Anyone else find it interesting that Gold can challenge a previous top or make a new high while 42 years later Silver still can't make a new high?

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I think that kind of move down if we do indeed get one will apply to CCJ DNN UEC URA take your pick.

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Greggory Mannarino said, among other things:

"Today I exited ALL of my crypto positions, yes ALL OF THEM, and overall I took a 16% haircut."

He's had a bad year, but is being quite public about it. He has changed from stock market bull to bear and looking for exposure in commodities. He was right for a long time, until this year.

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The one position I was holding in Weekend Trend Trader system was murdered today. I'm now 100% cash across all systems and accounts.

SOI_2022-06-17_16-13-54.png

dpong

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Monthly slow-trade retirement system looks like this.

[So simple, but this is what it does. I can participate in the markets and still sleep at night.]

SPX_2022-06-17_16-15-36.png