• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SKYT. Weekend Trend Trader up 38.5% since purchase a week and a half ago.

SKYT_2022-08-03_15-53-04.png

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Not all of us can cash out our retirement plans, pensions and bank assets without penalty.
Nothing I would like more than to throw my pension into 1/2 oz rounds and do the Scrooge McDuck. But reality has a lot of us “not holding it, not owning it.”
That’s why we try to time a bottom. The name of this thread is “trading talk” so excuse us if we don’t trust our brokers or just stack and hold for 30 years.

It's hard with IRA's granted. But you can take ownership, at least in your name, of any retirement brokerage stocks by registering it in DRS system. Of course I still have some in IRA's and understand that could disappear but still be ok.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
It's hard with IRA's granted. But you can take ownership, at least in your name, of any retirement brokerage stocks by registering it in DRS system. Of course I still have some in IRA's and understand that could disappear but still be ok.
Roth IRA you can take out all your deposits without penalty, just not investment returns.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SIGA. Up 23.36% from Monday's purchase.

[Update. Up 28.9%. That's real wriggler.]

SIGA_2022-08-05_11-17-45.png

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
So how are you going to play that? Sell a portion? Tighten stop loss? Let it ride?

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So how are you going to play that? Sell a portion? Tighten stop loss? Let it ride?
See on the chart a little "+" plus sign at 13.82. That's my current stop loss @ 40% off the high of 23.03.

I don't play at all. The Weekend Trend Trader system tells me what to do, it is designed that way with zero discretion. As long as conditions are favorable, it will ride the 40% stop loss higher. When conditions turn unfavorable (The IWM index moves below its 10 week moving average), then WTT will revert to 10% stop loss and ride that higher until it is violated. Then I will sell.

The logic of this system is that a small minority of the stocks will go *extremely* higher, and this system seeks to continue to hold those stocks -- while not caring much one way or the other about the lesser stocks.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sell your losers and let your winners run.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Zero discretion means my job is to just keep grinding the organ.

With the system designed and tested, then it's time to stop thinking.

[Just do.]

809e1ed8ddabb550c2d0ae934f66f4a1--pet-monkey-portrait-studio.jpg

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Buying 11 symbols on Monday's open bringing my total up to my maximum of 20 open trades.

[Spicy.]

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
This month my RSX does not show a value.

NOTE; Securities that display "-" in the price column are unpriced and do not reflect in your portfolio value.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Buying 11 symbols on Monday's open bringing my total up to my maximum of 20 open trades.

[Spicy.]
Kinda feeling like a bottom is in. Good call Mr. Pong.
Let’s hope it’s not a headfake.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
This has got to be the most pathetic Goldminers rally that I’ve ever witnessed. Gold up $100, but miners stay depressed near the lows

Lots of shorting out there and people have taken a mental hit lately. The mood around here was pretty darn low. Endeavor just reported pretty good numbers today but that's not the most important part. They WITHHELD a bunch of their silver production.

Added Mr. Dickson, “During the 2nd quarter, again we made the decision to withhold from sale a meaningful amount of silver, due to the drop in silver price. We are holding over 1.6 million silver equivalent ounces in finished goods inventory for future sale. Short term, the increased inventory has negatively impacted our quarterly financial metrics such as revenue, earnings, cash flow and our cash balance. Longer term, we anticipate selling the inventory at higher metal prices.”

They produced 1,359,207 ounces and sold 602,894 oz.... So that means they sold only 44% of the silver produced and just about broke even. Fantastic, use the gold to finance production and build a big savings account.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
This has got to be the most pathetic Goldminers rally that I’ve ever witnessed. Gold up $100, but miners stay depressed near the lows
Leads me to believe we eventually will head lower. I would not expect much out of the miners or U shares from here. Nice pop for U the past month the miners on the other hand with a few exceptions flat out suck.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
May be time to punt. Shit like this happens when the adults get back in charge.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good day in the market.

ARRY. My current leader, is up 44.04% since purchase last Monday.

Currently I have 15 winners and 5 losers. The greatest loser is down -19.87%.

ARRY_2022-08-10_16-21-50.png

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Leads me to believe we eventually will head lower. I would not expect much out of the miners or U shares from here. Nice pop for U the past month the miners on the other hand with a few exceptions flat out suck.
yeah that's exactly what I think. Rarely does a pure bottom get put in outside of a Black Swan event.
The 'Rona did a good job April 2020.
Since then, Ukraine, Inflation, the Fed, congressional spending bills and other fuckery have caused a steady erosion, and have taken a toll on the markets but i think the Dem's/Deep State have another Global crisis planned. Maybe Taiwan??
That will probably be the trigger for a massive crash and increasing my stock positions.
About 30% stocks, 70% cash at this point.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
1660169578406.png

I found this interesting - "all volunteers". Are we sure about that?

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yeah that's exactly what I think. Rarely does a pure bottom get put in outside of a Black Swan event.
The 'Rona did a good job April 2020.
Since then, Ukraine, Inflation, the Fed, congressional spending bills and other fuckery have caused a steady erosion, and have taken a toll on the markets but i think the Dem's/Deep State have another Global crisis planned. Maybe Taiwan??
That will probably be the trigger for a massive crash and increasing my stock positions.
About 30% stocks, 70% cash at this point.
when are you thinking the Taiwan thing will break loose?

I kinda figure it has to happen before the mid-terms. Commies rally the troops to push support for House and Senate elections as Potatohead needs to have a Congress that will support him in a war?

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
when are you thinking the Taiwan thing will break loose?

I kinda figure it has to happen before the mid-terms. Commies rally the troops to push support for House and Senate elections as Potatohead needs to have a Congress that will support him in a war?
You basically answered your own question.
Nancy was over there telling her cronies that there will be a conflict by October.
Wartime presidents typically do strongly in the polls.
I also remember the leaked phone call where Trump was saying “Taiwan is next...of course they’re going into Taiwan.”
Former presidents still get security briefings so there’s a good chance it’s legit information.
Taiwan diverts attention while the Dems steal the mid-terms.
It’s THE probable black swan, as nobody but the staunchest idiot would buy into monkeypox lockdowns and vaccines.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Whoever/whatever is running the show is probably dumb enough to telegraph every move they intend to make so some kind of skirmish/war in the Pacific is possible. Regrettably I am now old enough to not give a shit anymore.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If the people who have been in charge of the US military the past 60 years were in charge of the North Lee could have won with one hand tied behind his back. We would all be better off.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
[No comment.]

SIGA_2022-08-12_10-24-04.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think you mentioned it somewhere, but I can't find it. What does the red + symbol indicate?
These are weekly bars. The red plus sign means to purchase the open of the next bar (on Monday morning).

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Look at the very high wick on the candle with the red plus indicating buy on Monday. It may be true that few humans would have the strength to buy that. But the system doesn't have "feelings." So.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
These are weekly bars. The red plus sign means to purchase the open of the next bar (on Monday morning).
Almost a double from where you got in correct?

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Almost a double from where you got in correct?
No, up about 40%. The tiny little triangle denotes where we would have bought at the open.

[Near 18.55]

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
EXC conference call from last week.

Silvercrest looking good here still. Need to get past this 7.10 area then 8 should be easy next target.

Stillwater had a nice strong run last 8 days or so. I had an order in at 9.25 on the day it came down and hit 9.35. I missed the entire move to almost 11. There was some resistance there at the 11 level so this breather is welcome. Hopefully a pull back and consolidation in the mid to upper 9's and then will probably make another attempt at 11. If it breaks through that level low to mid 13's should be next target. Going to put another buy order in tomorrow see if I can get some in the mid 9's maybe 9.50 to 9.75.

Got a few others on the watchlist to try and accumulate over the coming weeks and months. Anyone know what happened to PAAS last week? de

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
EXC conference call from last week.

Silvercrest looking good here still. Need to get past this 7.10 area then 8 should be easy next target.

Stillwater had a nice strong run last 8 days or so. I had an order in at 9.25 on the day it came down and hit 9.35. I missed the entire move to almost 11. There was some resistance there at the 11 level so this breather is welcome. Hopefully a pull back and consolidation in the mid to upper 9's and then will probably make another attempt at 11. If it breaks through that level low to mid 13's should be next target. Going to put another buy order in tomorrow see if I can get some in the mid 9's maybe 9.50 to 9.75.

Got a few others on the watchlist to try and accumulate over the coming weeks and months. Anyone know what happened to PAAS last week? de

Reported an earnings loss per share.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Diversification can be fun guys. PM's are not the only investment in the world. Especially if you like to trade a bit. I'm a swing trader and suck at the really short-term day trader stuff. Leads to more risk / more reward. Name that Ticker...

1660601604542.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, a lot of the time the miners just lay there.

[This up 43% *today*. I'm holding.]

SKYT_2022-08-16_11-46-16.png

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Diversification can be fun guys. PM's are not the only investment in the world. Especially if you like to trade a bit. I'm a swing trader and suck at the really short-term day trader stuff. Leads to more risk / more reward. Name that Ticker...

View attachment 270727

Just so ya know this is BBBY and this is what its doing today. I do think this could take a breather. But, it could also just go boom...

1660667470822.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whoa!

[Nice!]

BBBY_2022-08-16_13-08-51.png