• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Everything they can get their hands on. The Global bond markets are huge.

Clearly we are not there yet... This article shows that this large/dumb money is still trained in the "flight to safety" of bonds. I think that blows up soon.

TLT’s price has slumped nearly 29% so far in 2022, putting the ETF on track for its worst year ever. Despite the abysmal performance, investors have poured nearly $12 billion into the fund year-to-date -- also an annual record. It’s a similar dynamic across the bond ETF arena, which has absorbed $118 billion of inflows this year even though almost 95% of funds nursing losses.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I see they are going to investigate the migrant flights to Whitelandia. I hear Hunter chuckling in the background. This country has become a fcking farce.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Clearly we are not there yet... This article shows that this large/dumb money is still trained in the "flight to safety" of bonds. I think that blows up soon.

TLT’s price has slumped nearly 29% so far in 2022, putting the ETF on track for its worst year ever. Despite the abysmal performance, investors have poured nearly $12 billion into the fund year-to-date -- also an annual record. It’s a similar dynamic across the bond ETF arena, which has absorbed $118 billion of inflows this year even though almost 95% of funds nursing losses.
The Lemmings are fighting each other to get up the cliff. This is paradoxically, the pinnacle of Darwinism; a flight to bankruptcy.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If you think this is a fool proof all out mortgage the farm and buy signal remember that Barron's put a bull on the front cover of its weekly the exact bottom in 1982. Still we might be at or are very close to a bottom.

FdHldA-aAAEDQCh.png

Reactions: Zed

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
They have a logistical issue. Where else are they going to go?

Anywhere.... If they stick around in those bonds they ain't getting nuffin back. When they realize that the game is over.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Anywhere.... If they stick around in those bonds they ain't getting nuffin back. When they realize that the game is over.
That's a lot of money to move around.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I see they are going to investigate the migrant flights to Whitelandia. I hear Hunter chuckling in the background. This country has become a fcking farce.
Welcome to the decline.....RIP
I'm just sitting back enjoying the show.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Stocks is my guess.

As soon as stocks flip the boyz have ground to recover so yeah... could be rocket fuel for a bit. Especially if the Fed goes into a holding pattern on rates.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Yes but... you can't just pick up the phone and place billions in most other markets without becoming the market and ensuring a loss.

FADEAWAY

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
.what are all those billions truly worth? in the great scheme of things!!

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. And hence why I call that the start of the hyper-inflation.

The US can't hyper-inflate until it either loses reserve status or it has printed enough to force the rest of the world into a hyper-inflation. The periphery melts down first. The US can go nutz for a long time before it gets there.... I suspect that your political scene wouldn't bear the load of spawning a hyper-inflation. It's creaking already after a little inflation, too much more would be political suicide. I doubt it's coming anytime soon, not with the current global structure.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Down here in the Land of Oz my Goldie Lox Stox are off ~2% in anticipation of the dreaded rate rise!

Meanz Beanz

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
If you think this is a fool proof all out mortgage the farm and buy signal remember that Barron's put a bull on the front cover of its weekly the exact bottom in 1982. Still we might be at or are very close to a bottom.

View attachment 273686

Just perfect.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The US can't hyper-inflate until it either loses reserve status or it has printed enough to force the rest of the world into a hyper-inflation. The periphery melts down first. The US can go nutz for a long time before it gets there.... I suspect that your political scene wouldn't bear the load of spawning a hyper-inflation. It's creaking already after a little inflation, too much more would be political suicide. I doubt it's coming anytime soon, not with the current global structure.
Yes.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
In the last week I've had 3 people talking about inflation........ mostly food inflation but they all said the same thing. "When the stock market comes back". Seems they are all sitting pat for a fleecing & maybe don't know there are other options. Then there is the guy from work with 1.5m that's down over 400K to 1.05m........... and the other that has pulled back to his 600K in a money market out of stocks & is sleeping well.

At what point is the pain too much and they bail? Is it when the market goes under 30K or he goes under 1M or?

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Well up off the bottom now and did dip under 8 bucks but if we enter a cold period and get another leg up in the commods this might not be the worst place for a few shekels.

big (8).gif

Last edited:

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
At what point is the pain too much and they bail?

I think it's going to take time, the market has been educated to the now accepted FACT that it always gets rescued and always comes back. That's why I tend to believe it will be a long grinding bear with a series of lower highs and not a major capitulation and crash to the low.

Now I've said that you can watch the market jump out the proverbial window!

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
He says dollar is in demand worldwide right now and there is a shortage of them. Thus the reason the dollar is strong.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
In the last week I've had 3 people talking about inflation........ mostly food inflation but they all said the same thing. "When the stock market comes back". Seems they are all sitting pat for a fleecing & maybe don't know there are other options. Then there is the guy from work with 1.5m that's down over 400K to 1.05m........... and the other that has pulled back to his 600K in a money market out of stocks & is sleeping well.

At what point is the pain too much and they bail? Is it when the market goes under 30K or he goes under 1M or?
I have a family member down about 3 million right now. They dont care. They are looking 5 years out before they need any of the money. I'm just not sure things will be back to normal in 5 years.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
He says dollar is in demand worldwide right now and there is a shortage of them. Thus the reason the dollar is strong.

Yup... Marty A is so right. If the USD dies it dies in strength before it's final decline. I'm not holding my breath for that.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
See Brent Johnson Dollar Milkshake guy who is a lot less negative on our position in the world.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
See Brent Johnson Dollar Milkshake guy who is a lot less negative on our position in the world.

Every other major economy is a shit show, the USA has a number of natural advantages and the most developed financial system. It can take some heavy blows and still look better than the rest. This will not be fun but the USA is a relatively good bet in the long run especially if in starts on-shoring in earnest. It could work out quite well say +10 years down the track.

Last edited:

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Yup... Marty A is so right. If the USD dies it dies in strength before it's final decline. I'm not holding my breath for that.
Thats why I think metals are going lower here. Until the dollar turn its down for the metals.

Powell wants to get rid of this excess liquidity and kill inflation. This excess liquidity driving inflation started in 2020 so my guess is he wants to see the markets back at those levels.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

See, this is the problem.... Those money market funds are probably not that "safe". People just don't know any better, yet. But who wants to guess how much of those assets are in bonds and/or worse rehypotheicated crap?

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Thats why I think metals are going lower here. Until the dollar turn its down for the metals.

I'm not so sure about that. When stocks and bonds look like so so value who you gonna call? IMO Inflation changes the story... but you may be right.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Every other major economy is a shit show, the USA has a number of natural advantages and the most developed financial system. It can take some heavy blows and still look better than the rest. This will not be fun but the USA is a relatively good bet in the long run especially if in starts on-shoring in earnest. I could work out quite well say +10 years down the track.
Yea shitloads of spending right now by our Gov to bring companies back to the US. Billions for chip manufacturers, billions for the green new deal and big Pharma.
Us taxpayers had to fund them in tax credits when they moved offshore and now we get to build them new plants. In return we get higher taxes and inflation.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Powell wants to get rid of this excess liquidity and kill inflation. This excess liquidity driving inflation started in 2020 so my guess is he wants to see the markets back at those levels.

I think the feds actions hit market inflation and much less so inflation on the street. We will see...

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. When stocks and bonds look like so so value who you gonna call? IMO Inflation changes the story... but you may be right.
Like you have stated the DX and the metals can rise together. The most unexpected thing right now is a monster rally from here maybe not the resumption of the bull but a good sustained BMR.