• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Megadrought In The Western U.S. Threatens To Cause Devastating Crop Failures In 2021

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Grain prices starting to reflect the water problems

it is my understanding the spike is due to cool temps in the upper midwest as well. these traders will use any excuse they can find to bat the price around. The cool temps arent really a thang, its not time to plant for yet anyway. When planted in cold ground is just sits there.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
We seem to have plenty of rain here in the midwest but farmers here grow corn for ethanol not food and well you know...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
They're working on eliminating those now....

It wont be tolerated. When the normies start being affected, thats a whole new demographic, and a large one at that.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had a rainstorm pass through SoCal today. Not a crop saving rain, but watch the weather this week before betting the farm on wheat futures.

Last edited:

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Y'all may want to step back since I'm dumping a little fuel on this fire...

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
An old farmer's proverb: "Plant in the dust, your bins will bust."

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Western Montana is way behind on snow pack and rain. That usually means a smoky summer. Bullish for wildland firefighters.

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Think back to all the times when we have been told this very same thing as weather cycles progressed through the years. Somehow, some way, we managed to survive them all yet this one is the Mother of all droughts?

Stop the fear and take your internet articles with a grain of salt

Cooper hit the nail on the head here!
these traders will use any excuse they can find to bat the price around.
Prices will rise because they can but the product will be available from other regions. Nobody makes money without product to sell so product will be 'found'

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
For me growing up, every drop of water we used had to packed up from the lake in buckets. It stays with you that water is precious. Today I have a gravity fed line from the well to the house and doesn't matter what's happening anywhere else, we'll have water.
I knew a person that would let her shower run UNTIL it was steaming hot, then get in. She would not listen to reason & waste. :make happy: Then they wonder why we have water shortages !:totally steamed:

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
For me growing up, every drop of water we used had to packed up from the lake in buckets. It stays with you that water is precious. Today I have a gravity fed line from the well to the house and doesn't matter what's happening anywhere else, we'll have water.
Water is indeed precious, which is why you address that need, as well as food, before anything else when planning your preps. I have multiple prep options for just addressing water, including bringing it up from the river out back in buckets if I need to! :)

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Water is indeed precious, which is why you address that need, as well as food, before anything else when planning your preps. I have multiple prep options for just addressing water, including bringing it up from the river out back in buckets if I need to! :)
yep, i'm about to add another section to my rain water collector system

that will put me at about 1k gallons, on site, with plans for another 300 gals into a small pond that will also be for pleasure with a waterfall feature

currently, my garden only consumes about 15 gallons a day and I want to push that up to 20-25 gallons per day through expansion

water, food and energy...I updated my HF generator to propane / NG / gasoline, a few weeks back

and my slingshot for security

1619797765257.png

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Think back to all the times when we have been told this very same thing as weather cycles progressed through the years. Somehow, some way, we managed to survive them all yet this one is the Mother of all droughts?

Stop the fear and take your internet articles with a grain of salt

Cooper hit the nail on the head here!

Prices will rise because they can but the product will be available from other regions. Nobody makes money without product to sell so product will be 'found'

Generally sound advice. However, we are currently in an extending global weather trend. Locally this is third consecutive year of late season frosts that have killed off western Michigan and northern Indiana fruit crops, delayed planting of field and vegetable crops whick typically have been damaged and decimated by unusually heavy rain storms later in the season. Solar forecasts from numerous sources beyond NOAA, UKMET, Russia ALL point to the return of sunspots at a lower level than previous cycles and the next logical step in the downward trending cycles now out to at least 2050. This downward trend in solar cycles began in the 1970's and accelerated in the 1980's when the sun's color on seen from earth shifted from the yellow part of the spectrum into the whiter and consequently brighter part of the spectrum. This seemingly minor shift has brought multiple consequences such as a burning sensation in the skin through FULL clothing, UV resistant plastics and other UV resistant materials failing quicker than usual/expected.

Changes caused by the sun on other planets that have been documented over the past 2 decades coincide with the documented changes happening on the earth. This is all happening along the same path as historical descents into solar minimums. I've been watching this stuff for years now and I can state with confidence that I am well past the point of skepticism on this because at this point we are well past the point of typical weather fluctuations and anomalies and riding a declining trend into a minimum. Yes, we may stop short of fully declining into a repeat of the Maunder Minimum. Then again, we are poised to go deeper or longer than the Maunder Minimum. The truth is we simply just do NOT know at this point just how deep or how long this will last. Yes, humans will indeed endure and survive mostly but that survival will be tenuous since we are now in the throes of cosmic, climate, political, monetary, social, biological (genetically AND cosmicly engineered) change ALL AT ONCE. No. This is NOT like "The Great Reset" propounded by Santa Klaus Schwab and his band of fairy-barry buffoons. This is ALL natural, will last longer and will be every bit as dangerous if not more so than anything the masters of the deep state could conjure.

No one knows if or when any or all of this these things will increase in intensity or recede into inactivity but we know that they are increasing in intensity now. Prepare now or prepare later but all will have to prepare at some point. Just getting a head start.

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good thing weed is grown indoors now.
yep, and with the controlled availability and costs of electricity, set-up / equipment costs, labor, fertilizers, etc...

i'm certain that pound you kept all the roots wet for six months just cost you $3,200 or more.......
(3200 / 16 = 200 per ounce...i can go get all i want at a dispensary for that price)

just saying.....

(and i'm certain those bugs that are dealt with in outside grows are edible...again, just saying)

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is ALL natural, will last longer and will be every bit as dangerous if not more so than anything the masters of the deep state could conjure.
Good

that means, when 'they' go below ground, they'll become impatient waiting for something cataclysmic, when it's all just a 'slow chill'

that means they'll be more inclined to 'leave the doors open' as they come and go from their bunkers..........

degradation will naturally occur
they won't be as safe as they think

but they are as stupid as we believe............

iirc, it's called a Cult, their club is a Cult and we don't want to be members