• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Being as how the other thread was filled with all manner of monotonous band wasting material, it was banned to the back 40.

What we now have is the opportunity to get it back on track with pics from our members and their interests,
rather than being a dumping ground as it once was.

To get this started,

A couple of bad pics of deer in the yard, was having trouble holding the camera steady on zoom

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Being as how the other thread was filled with all manner of monotonous band wasting material, it was banned to a members only forum.

What we now have is the opportunity to get it back on track with pics from our members and their interests,
rather than being a dumping ground as it once was.

To get this started,

A couple of bad pics of deer in the yard, was having trouble holding the camera steady on zoom

View attachment 138118

View attachment 138119
Pretty cool shot of the eye Scorp.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Shot while on lunch break sitting across from the hospital's helipad today in Rogers, Arkansas.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Kit of some friends on the slope. Dumbe Mountain near Paulpietersburg in northern KZN, -27.446273, 30.842491.

Slope1.jpg

Uncle chucking a foam wing, Multiplex Xeno.

Slope2.jpg

Golden Regards
Uncle

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Just remember that pics have GPS coordinates embedded in them - or so I have heard...

Nefarious actors could use that information in ways that might be detrimental to a persons well being...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Here I am pictured while explaining the construction of the small temple behind me in NY state several years ago. No fasteners were used to hold it together.

TEMPLESM3.jpg

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
big bass,

good stuff,
my catching is limited to the real stupid ones,
hats off to the guys who know what they are doing
When I was a kid - we used to go carp fishing at the dam near our house. We would make cornmeal dough for the bait, and then use sinkers to ensure the bait sat at the bottom of the river near the dam.

After casting - we would set the drag and prop the poles on a stick with a bell attached to the tip. When the carp would hit the bait - the bell would start clanging...and if you set the drag right - the reel would start screaming...

Unfortunately - it took me a couple of poles to figure out the drag thing...(I lost a couple of poles because the carp would take off with my pole following)...

They were so fun to catch. They put up a helluva fight... I used to use 10 pound test line and would catch carp that were 15 or even 20 pounds...

I would give them away to anyone that wanted them...

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Yeah, my forte' was trout growing up. Real small streams.
Would use a fly fishing pole with floating line and a leader of 8 or 10lb test and a hook.

Would put nightcrawlers on it then float that line into the holes, under trees, whatever and that was just plain fun.

Not to mention, helped feed the family

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Would use a fly fishing pole with floating line and a leader of 8 or 10lb test and a hook.

Would put nightcrawlers on it then float that line into the holes, under trees, whatever and that was just plain fun.

Thought you just grabbed 'em with yer paws.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
new, that pic of yours reminds me of a book I read long ago,

took place way back in the day, with the primary character being a mason

he worked and labored, and saw hard times as he went from job to job
finally one day, he landed a contract to build a 'church'

this was a lifetime achievement, as it took the rest of his life to finish the project.

how things change. In those days, quality and craftsmanship had a whole different meaning, with the market willing to pay that labor to create things.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Just remember that pics have GPS coordinates embedded in them - or so I have heard...
Settings on the phone, or camera can be changed to not locate.

Also, not 100% positive, but if you were to cut n paste an image, I think it loses the metadata....

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
new, that pic of yours reminds me of a book I read long ago,

took place way back in the day, with the primary character being a mason

he worked and labored, and saw hard times as he went from job to job
finally one day, he landed a contract to build a 'church'

this was a lifetime achievement, as it took the rest of his life to finish the project.

how things change. In those days, quality and craftsmanship had a whole different meaning, with the market willing to pay that labor to create things.
The larger version of that building is down the road. IIRC it took a couple dozen people 3 years just to cut the parts from Canadian yellow cedar.

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Reminds me of one of my favorite movies...A River Runs Through It....

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Here's one at the local barrel racing... 9yo girl

IMG_7424 copy.jpg

9yo girl

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 7.25.36 PM.png

Barrel Roll...

IMG_7444 copy.jpg

Hanging on for dear life...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I was up working on the coast this week, was foggy for several days and then the fog started retreating. I imagined this is what a sea captain would have to screw up the courage and head the ship into it not knowing what was there. Ocean view from Windemere Point.
20190806_154017-3.jpg

There's a resort on the point there with a giant obelisk, "The Peace Obelisk" by Benjamino Bufano viewed from Windemere Point.
20190806_153708-2.jpg

The "work" I mentioned was building a new shed out in the woods. The redwood was so wet it was squirting at me with every screw and nail, will take weeks to dry out so I can stain it. I have a little more siding and the roof to finish but got most of the hard work done that I could do without my ladder. That's hardware cloth in the 2nd image of the gif to keep the critters from making nests under the floor. (The wood structure behind the shed is for my generator.
shed3.gif

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Was greeted by a rainbow on the way to work early yesterday morning.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
From my tour of Volcano Orsorno in Chile. Awesome power in the snow melt water runoff.

Volcano Orsorno 1.jpg

Volcano Orsorno 2.jpg

Volcano Orsorno 3.jpg