• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
You and I appear to have a different policy on skunks. LOL

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
lol. Only indirectly feeding them. The skunks love the area of wood chips around my garden because there are lots of grubs in it.

I will admit, I have grown to like skunks and could go on and on about it. Most people who have issues with skunks are because they have dogs and most dogs don't know how to act around skunks so they get sprayed. Since I have no dogs I have had no issues with the skunks here even though they are one of the more prevalent nighttime critters.

I am not a fan of raccoons though. The raccoons around here tend to be mean as hell.

Yes skunks can get rabies but that's luckily not something I have encountered.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Ya musn't have chickens either or ya keep em damb well locked up. I don't like the rabies part at all as I wanna be able to see the SOB that kills me. They can be one of the prettiest animals out there.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Eric's game cam 2024:

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Ya musn't have chickens either or ya keep em damb well locked up. I don't like the rabies part at all as I wanna be able to see the SOB that kills me. They can be one of the prettiest animals out there.
Yeah I can't have chickens here. If I could, the foxes and the coyotes and raptors would be a real issue.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I am not a fan of raccoons though. The raccoons around here tend to be mean as hell.
Funny thing is that the Trash Pandas here are very docile, and fat. We have one we call Buddha because he'll just sit there with his belly out and laugh at you.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Blue jays are pretty but my gawd what a wretched song they make.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
He seems friendly.
confession, my daughter got the pic with her new iphone thru the window,
my old dig camera snaps too slow to catch a shot of them as they are skitterish as heck
that look was him getting ready to bolt as he heard or saw something in the periphery of his world

those new iphones get a pic that when you zoom in, they don't lose the clarity. Comparatively speaking.
they seem to be true to the Jobs innovation culture from prior.

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Pics or it didnt happen...
No cell phones in the 70's and wouldn't post it anyway...OH...you mean the marks...hehehe...not gonna see that either.
Assume I made it up, but, fyi, I played in a band for 10 years, rarely made the opening move and if I did, there was so much eye contact before hand, it was who could get to each other the soonest to meet. Fun times were had by all.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
confession, my daughter got the pic with her new iphone thru the window,
my old dig camera snaps too slow to catch a shot of them as they are skitterish as heck
that look was him getting ready to bolt as he heard or saw something in the periphery of his world

those new iphones get a pic that when you zoom in, they don't lose the clarity. Comparatively speaking.
they seem to be true to the Jobs innovation culture from prior.

Gawd... I am reading down these posts and wanna answer half of them. :2 thumbs up:

First off, I have always thought skunks were cute as can be. They trundle along like little trash pandas (that I also adore). We've got both down here at the Chateau.

Next, for you, Scorp:

Blue jays are short-term crazy. Everything they do is short term. So whut, ya say? Well, at Chateau Sneakydicker, there are a coupla blue jays that your resident animobile whisperer has "trained". <-- I put that in quotes, because it ain't quite true.

I started by putting out a dish on a short (5') pole with ONE peanut (whole) in it. Here comes the blue jay. After a coupla days of this, I put the peanut out in the dish while I wuz sitting near it, reading an e-book. Here comes the blue jay(s). They take the peanut.

Eventually (here's your chance for your daughter's prize, Scorp) I was sitting out there in my chair... with a peanut between two fingers... Yup. Blue jay flew in, took it, was gone. Try it -- only takes a coupla days.

Oh... Puck was ripping the reef (see below), so we gonna have a yuuuge pah-tay today to celebrate is daughter's 18th B-day. Crikey, just last year or so, she was five years old. I make the world's best Lobster - Crab Imperial.

bugs nov 18.jpg

Unca Walt's Incredibobble

Lobster Tails/Crab Imperial

Serves 2
Ingredients

• 8 ounces lump blue crab meat (slobs can use canned crab meat)
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 teaspoon parsley finely minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
  • 1 Egg White
  • 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning or fine sea salt
  • 2 medium lobster tails
  • 2 teaspoons butter melted
  • 2 Lemon wedges

Destructions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together: mayonnaise through Old Bay seasoning. Gently toss crab into mixture with a fork, making sure that you don't break up the large pieces of crab.
  3. Pull the edges of the split lobster shells apart and gently lift the tail meat to rest above the shells. Place the prepared lobster tails on a baking sheet.
  4. Brush tops with melted butter. Evenly divide and gently press crab imperial mixture into the tops so it doesn't fall off.
  5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lobster tails are opaque and crab imperial is browned. Use the broiler for the last coupla minutes.
  6. Serve with lemon wedges. And some Zinfandel or Rhine Wine.
  7. Yum

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I glad I'm not her daddy. Those blues eyes are killers.
When she gets into her tweens and teens I'd just keep a loaded shotgun at the door, and read the riot act to any "dick" that came to take her out on a date. And he better not treat her like a dick either. She might be the last girl he ever sees on this Earthly plain.
I can feel the gray hairs growing in my head and she's not even my concern.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Crappy phone pic, but I love these majestic birds (Pileated woodpecker)
View attachment 146603
Around here we have alot of smaller woodpeckers, but this past summer my youngest and me saw one of these while driving on a wooded country road. Both of us were amazed at the size of that bird.