• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
This morning in the back yard. Had this guy show up. Note bird feeder? I think it's a Sharp Shinned hawk. They're rather small.

Hawk.jpg

IMG_7822 copy.jpg

and this little fellow was hiding for dear life in the Fat Albert pine... hawk is in an Austrian pine just behind him...

IMG_7823 copy.jpg

IMG_7829 copy.jpg

IMG_7830 copy.jpg

Bird feeder is just to the right. Hawk is hiding waiting for birds to arrive...

Mr. Squirrel got down and started to forage so I got my phone out and looked up Hawk screeching sounds and played them.

Mr. Squirrel ran back to safety and eventually Mr. Hawk flew off...

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Mr. Squirrel got down and started to forage so I got my phone out and looked up Hawk screeching sounds and played them.

Mr. Squirrel ran back to safety and eventually Mr. Hawk flew off...
Nobody likes a Snitch.
Squirrel got to eat hawk has got to eat.
But NO-oooo! somebody has to drop a dime on the hawk and he has to go find a meal elsewhere.
I hope all those "tree rats" snitch you out during hunting season.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Nobody likes a Snitch.
Squirrel got to eat hawk has got to eat.
But NO-oooo! somebody has to drop a dime on the hawk and he has to go find a meal elsewhere.
I hope all those "tree rats" snitch you out during hunting season.
LOL... wife spends big $$ feeding those tree rats...!!

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
LOL... wife spends big $$ feeding those tree rats...!!
When the SHTF at least you got a temporary meat source. Now, whether Mrs. will eat Bullwinkle's friend Rocky IDK. Maybe she'll go vegan.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Well, we've been feeding the creatchy-poos out there for twenny years now. Bunnies, squiddles, a huge assortment ot animobiles such as otters, armadildos, foxies, a gator, wild chickums, duckies, and birdies of every kind from buntings (almost hummybird size) to fargin forty pound turkeys in the back yard.

fuvkird <-- O raffs! I touch-type very nearly at the speed of speech... but every now and then I will get my hands positioned one space to the left or right on the "home row". That highlighted word is "duckies" with a shift to the right one key. :computer:

The reason I find it so funny (other than having accidentally invented a truly brand-new cussword descriptor for somebody) is that a while back when I was writing my novel, The Cadet, I started to type the word "agurgling".

Well, as I started to type the word, I got four letters in and realized the word sounded something like Gilbert & Sullivan, so I stopped.

When I looked up at the page, I discovered that my hands were one key to the right on that ole homerow.

agur plus /shift right/ equals: shit

TINS!!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Me Mum's house in NW Ct today...

IMG_20191203_103756355.jpg
IMG_20191203_103735674.jpg

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Sunrises near my house

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
At my client's house!

IMG_20191204_112020897.jpg

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I was in a jewelry-manufacturing plant one time. I watched teeny-teeny -- almost invisible -- links being made for a delicate necklace. Incredible. After about three or four minutes of study, I still could not see how the hell somebody thought up the whirring mechanical process. Unreal.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
have to admit, have a thing for 'how its made'
to me, the creativity and the cool factor are off the charts
I'm with you there...

Always fascinated by stuff like this. I'm 'creative' at coming up with jigs to make things easier...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Here's one for you... who's the guy that gets to 'test' them all....?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Here's a widget I came up with for the wife, actually for a special ed student at one of the schools she works at.

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 3.00.56 PM.png

Yes, it's a big push button!!

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 3.00.25 PM.png

This is a very expensive MP3 player for partially blind kids. $300 or so?? The green piece is a 1g usb molded into the plastic for easier manipulation (special ed). I recorded 20 hrs of Kermiet and the gang as well as 'other' kid tunes on it and it only took up @ 50megs...!

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 3.00.02 PM.png

Button sits over the 'play' button. 'Next tune' button is blue. Yellow is volume.

The back has 1/8" jacks that do the same thing with a switch added which is what this red button was tasked to do. The red button was in a hex box I made with a 3ft cord that plugged into the back jack. Switch cost me @ $10 and scrap wood for the box it was mounted in and some time. Not sure why, but it worked and then it didn't!

So... malfunction. I'm thinking the manufacturer "saw people coming" with the $300 cost of the simple MP3 player and offered up a switch for $40. Perhaps it had some kind of electronics in the switch to compatiblilize it to their device? I don't know. What I do know is the player (I opened it for a look see) was a simple circuit board with switches under the buttons! $300 for this??

I dismantled the red button switch contraption and came up with this in the pics. It simply utilizes the 'play' button on the device once pressed. I figure their switch doesn't require anything special in the circuit to get it to chooch!

The player fits snuggly into the box I came up with and should give hours of functionality to a kid who barely sees.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++