• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Its unfortunate that to many people loose their lives in their work. And then they wait to retire at about the point where their health goes south. I plan to stay as active as I can for as long as possible. This time of year when the weather is bad I have "other" activities that keep me busy. More pics to come....... View attachment 149564
Quaint personified.

vichris

Seeker
Seeker

No. This is the Cumbres and Toltec RR out of Chama in northern NM. The train is just a couple of mile south of the CO border in this pic. The scenic RR runs from Chama NM to Antonito CO in some gorgeous country.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Its unfortunate that to many people loose their lives in their work. And then they wait to retire at about the point where their health goes south.
I couldn't agree more. It is a goal of mine to retire early. Until then I try to make the most out of each day.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Camera and settings please?
Camera: Canon Rebel T4i
Exposure: 1/1250 sec at ISO 400 and f/8
Focal length: 300mm
Lens: Tamron 28-300mm zoom lens

Lighting was very good and I was very close which helped even though it was a through-window shot. I prefer natural surroundings but often there are good opportunities at the feeder.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Camera: Canon Rebel T4i
Exposure: 1/1250 sec at ISO 400 and f/8
Focal length: 300mm
Lens: Tamron 28-300mm zoom lens

Lighting was very good and I was very close which helped even though it was a through-window shot. I prefer natural surroundings but often there are good opportunities at the feeder.
Very up close and personal shot. Straight out an an Audubon id book.

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
Yer killin' me. Turkey hunting is amazing. (*sigh*)

And wild turkey is better than man-made turkey. :beer::chef:
No doubt I love turkey hunting, especially spring turkey season. I'll have to disagree with you though about the wild turkey. Except for the breast its has the consistency of a ball of rubber bands.....just my 2 cents.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
No doubt I love turkey hunting, especially spring turkey season. I'll have to disagree with you though about the wild turkey. Except for the breast its has the consistency of a ball of rubber bands.....just my 2 cents.
(*snork*) Been through this with others who din' have my cookbook.

I'll just give you a coupla tips that were given to me 60 years ago: Gut the bird right away in the field. If you usually find the meat dry and want moist-as-store-bought, there is a trick(s) you gotta know:

1. Cook the bird in a brown-in bag, and baste it regularly anyway.

2. After it is cooked, slice off all the meat you want moist and tender (thighs, too) and put it in a casserole <-- thass a dish with a cover you kin put inna oven. For every two cups of meat, add one cup of chicken broth. Put the covered dish inna oven for 10 minutes, and serve. Tastes better than store-bought.

There's a coupla other tricks, like while the oven is cooking the turkey at first, you can pour some beer in the pan. It's called "beer can turkey". The beer evaporates and adds a sorta spicy taste.

vichris

Seeker
Seeker

I'll just give you a coupla tips that were given to me 60 years ago: Gut the bird right away in the field. If you usually find the meat dry and want moist-as-store-bought, there is a trick(s) you gotta know:

2. After it is cooked, slice off all the meat you want moist and tender (thighs, too) and put it in a casserole <-- thass a dish with a cover you kin put inna oven. For every two cups of meat, add one cup of chicken broth. Put the covered dish inna oven for 10 minutes, and serve. Tastes better than store-bought.

There's a coupla other tricks, like while the oven is cooking the turkey at first, you can pour some beer in the pan. It's called "beer can turkey". The beer evaporates and adds a sorta spicy taste.

Oooo K,....... I'll give this a try next spring. I'm not sure which subspecies of turkeys you're accustom to hunting but in my area NM there are mostly Merriam turkeys. They are smaller than the Rio Grande we have in other parts of the state. Rabbit is known for being kinda tough to eat but it has nothing on these wiry, skinny, tough little Merriams. I still remember cooking up my first wild tom thinking we were going to have a thanksgiving like feast. Made all the fixings and everything. Like I said, was like eating a ball of rubber bands but with much better flavor. Since then I bypass the field dressing and just filet off the breasts and the Fan-tail/beard for mounting.

Thanks, Chris

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

I thought the last line would be: "Discard the turkey & eat the bag". :chef::don't know:
The wild Turkeys in my yard taste like paper. I am sure that my neighbor is feeding them shit food. I shot one and breasted it out within 30 seconds, tasted terrible. Now I shoot them & take'm down the road a mile or so & feed'm to the vultures.
Damned turkeys are smart, after a shooting, they stay away for 2 to 3 weeks.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Nice watch. Looks to be partly skeletonized. Wears a watch cuz there's no way a phone fits in one of those pockets.
I literally didn't see it till you pointed it out. Now where was I?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Point and shoot camera pics of some buzzards cooling off in the trees taken 5 minutes ago:

IMG_20191223_155849246_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191223_155906852.jpg

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
What a gorgeous househole.

Beautiful.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
What a gorgeous househole.

Beautiful.
I love it here. Home was built in 65 by a famous architect. I was mistaken in an earlier post, it's on the market for $1.5mil. Super solid home. And great friends.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Playing around with photo software and a few of my pictures one day & came up with this

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I wonder how much extra a crypt with a sunroof costs?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Ducking Hell!

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Playing around with photo software and a few of my pictures one day & came up with this

Oh man. Gotta tellya what just happened:

I looked at that and was mentally comparing what I could do with my old 3-D program... I could have made everything there except the figure...

...the figure comprised so many variations, the boots alone would be absolutely impossible to construct in 3-D.

Hey. Why boots?

KLONGGG! The penny dropped on the kettledrum.

The spirit of a G.I. rising, pleased and joyful.

Tom Ole Buddy, you are gifted.