• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
You should write a thread about CR and the local environs... what's it like living there? Cost of living?

Getting around town? Property? Where to live? Where to go? Stuff like that.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
You should write a thread about CR and the local environs... what's it like living there? Cost of living?

Getting around town? Property? Where to live? Where to go? Stuff like that.
I agree! I've pretty much ceased envisioning myself taking trips to Mexico. I enjoy the Dominican Republic but Have given Costa Rica some consideration. I prefer the warmth of Atlantic waters over the Pacific but the northwest resort areas of CR are calling my name.

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Costa Rica....safe? Food that even I could eat?...call me picky. Is there a government or a junta? Do I need tattoos on my face and neck? Running water...like in a toilet with a seat, not squatting over the gutter in the street...paved streets?
Are white people accepted...clarify...americans...or do they remember Nixon?

I am curious though. Banking...transfers safe? Will I keep getting my SS$?
Gasoline...plentiful...electricity stable?

BackwardsEngineeer

Total curmudgeon
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Hey guys,
This is our 20th year visiting CR, loads has changed some for the good and some not so good... We stick to the pacific side, loads of expats in and around so always someone to help with questions. We really enjoy Manuel Antonio, beach town so it can get pretty hot been in the high 80's mostly this trip. Sun is intense so you have to keep an eye on it....

We used to stay here nice safe place breakfast included, rent an umbrella and a couple of beach chairs, ride the bus uptown nice chicken or fish dinner with a couple of beers for under $130 a day. This trip is running us around 185 as food prices and a 13% /cr tax make the difference.

Santa Ana is outside San Jose in the mountains year round it is 85 h /55 low, our friend just bought a 900 sq ft two bedroom unit there, electric bills 30/month, hoa 217, for 127k including legal and transfer tax. Another friend claims they can have a good standard of living after that purchase for 2500 a month including paying BC/BS 3k yearly for healthcare.

It it for everyone? No, but it has a lot to consider....

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
...uptown nice chicken or fish dinner with a couple of beers for under $130 a day.
Huh?! That is not acceptable. Are you a millionaire? I toured Europe for two months for about two thousand plus Eurailpass.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Red-Bridge-in-Frozen-Japanese-Garden.jpg

^updated^

found a way in
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Rice imitating art! Japanese farmers create amazing 3D paintings in paddy fields... including images of warriors, prostitutes and even Godzilla
  • Historical figures have sprung up across rice fields in the rural village of Inakadate, Aomori, Japan
  • The murals require no ink and are created by planting different coloured rice plants in the fields
  • These 3D intricate works cover 15,000 square metres of paddy fields and can only be seen above ground level
By Phoebe Eckersley For Mailonline
Published: 06:51 EST, 25 January 2020

Historical figures including Marilyn Monroe in her white billowing dress and a menacing Godzilla have sprung up across rice fields in Japan.
The crop art requires no ink or dye and is instead created by planting different coloured rice plants in the fields.
These then grow into incredibly detailed 3D masterpieces in the rural village of Inakadate, Aomori, Japan.
In the breathtaking display, spectators can see a depiction of a luring Japanese oiron prostitute, in the field next to Monroe and the iconic Manhattan skyline.
The murals cover 15,000 square metres of paddy fields. From ground level, the designs are invisible, and viewers have to climb the mock castle tower of the village office to get a glimpse of the work.
Xibo farmers painstakingly plant the intricate figures as part of an annual tradition.
More than 150,000 visitors come to the small village, where just 8,700 people live, every summer to see the extraordinary murals.
The rice paddy art dates back to 1993 when Mt. Iwaki was illustrated with purple and yellow rice plants.
A rice field depicts Marilyn Monroe in her billowing white dress in her cult classic The Seven Year Itch. Adjacent to the Hollywood star, is a depiction of an oiron, a female considered a prostitute in Japan
Spectators might get the fright of their life as they stumble across a 3D Godzilla masterpiece in the rice fields in the rural village of Inakadate, Aomori, Japan

In an ode to all things Japanese, Xibo farmers have painstakingly recreated the family, who appear to be on a train ride, in the country's popular animation Sazaesan. The anime cartoon has been running continuously since 1969

A dancer, who is seen wearing a traditional headress, balances a lotus flower on her hand as she waves a piece of material around her in an elegant sequence

Military figure Ushiawkamaru and Japanese warrior Benkei cut a striking pose in the 15,000 square metres of paddy fields

Spectators wander past the log stretches of rice fields. Farmers have experimented with different coloured rice plants to depict historical figures in military uniform which stand in the foreground of traditional Samurai flags and a Japanese temple

A female godly figure towers above a baby who appears to be under some sort of spell (pictured left), while a furious male is seen covered in jewels. His enraged face and seated position under a thundering dark cloud suggests he could be a devil god to ward off evil spirits

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-paddy-fields-including-images-Godzilla.html

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
DAYUM, Spinal!!!

I count five toms, and four of them are horny as a sackful of toads.

In the fargin front yard. :godfather:blond:

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Not nearly so impressive as the rice fields.

Confederate Memorial in Atlanta. And below that, a nice 2 oz silver piece from Apmex.

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Poker Flat is a US Gov rocket range. Those are sounding rockets (three of em) going up.
Sorry for lack of description. - bf
A lot better than the 'Meteor piss' theory someone just pm'd me!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++