• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Antelope Canyon, Az

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Wet to the u pullit today with a buddy after work. He got a window motor and regulator for his Pathfinder and I atail light assembly for the truck. Been driving with broken one for about 6 years. Paid $23

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Beautiful...if your name is drawn. Only so many people allowed there every day and it's a few mile hike back there...but what a way to spend the day.
On Indian Land I believe right?

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
^^^ Nice. I spent a small portion of my life trenching through red sandstone - the hard way. Day after day, I took my hammer drill to the trench and peeled away that tough rock. The top couple feet of plain dirt and rock was easy, but red sandstone is a real pain in the ass. It is not brittle and has enough give to thwart that concrete breaking powder. A safe and easy explosive would have saved me a lot of manual labor.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
^^^ Nice. I spent a small portion of my life trenching through red sandstone - the hard way. Day after day, I took my hammer drill to the trench and peeled away that tough rock. The top couple feet of plain dirt and rock was easy, but red sandstone is a real pain in the ass. It is not brittle and has enough give to thwart that concrete breaking powder. A safe and easy explosive would have saved me a lot of manual labor.
When I was a younger fella, I remember helping dig holes through that stuff in Western Kentucky, so a septic tanks could be installed. Your right. Hard and downright unforgiving.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
In 2002 I discovered that my Meade "Electronic eyepiece", a basic B&W composite video adapter meant for capturing video through a telescope, could be easily modified into a video microscope by attaching an eyepiece to the end. I brought home some water from my mom's pond to look at back then. Came across the old .avi file, today and figured I would make a .gif

Pondwater1.gif

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
In 2002 I discovered that my Meade "Electronic eyepiece", a basic B&W composite video adapter meant for capturing video through a telescope, could be easily modified into a video microscope by attaching an eyepiece to the end. I brought home some water from my mom's pond to look at back then. Came across the old .avi file, today and figured I would make a .gif

View attachment 158661
Any idea what the critters are?

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Any idea what the critters are?
Never made an ID of any of them. For scale, the height of the frame is about 2mm. Long one is probably some kind of larvae. The other one is like a miniature paddle pug but I don't think common paddle bugs get that small.

Micro stuff has been on my mind. I am adapting a raspberry pi camera module to use with my microscope just for fun.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Never made an ID of any of them. For scale, the height of the frame is about 2mm. Long one is probably some kind of larvae. The other one is like a miniature paddle pug but I don't think common paddle bugs get that small.

Micro stuff has been on my mind. I am adapting a raspberry pi camera module to use with my microscope just for fun.
It's as addictive as macro.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Jam night

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Celebrating spring...just saw a bald eagle soar by.

IMG_20200324_180306759_HDR.jpg

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
This is my favorite photo of my Mom. I rescued it from an old negative I found in a box buried in the bottom of her closet after she passed away. Gotta love the technology that helps you find gems you didn't know existed. Helps you know more about your family than you can imagine.

Mom.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
You farming in grease?

we have had upteen inches of rain the last month....i try in march every year to take a few acres of woods and spray multiflora rose as its the first thing to green up in the woods........went down a hill and found some leaf covered quick mud...... use my smallest tractor to weave in n out of the trees ......had a bale spike on the frount (if i had a bucket on i coulda walked it out) ...was hard to get a bigger machine in to pull it out (used the backhoe and a lot of chain).....the female unit had to take the pictures for evidence and laugh at me (its rare she gets that chance) ..... :) (deer food plot is greening up nicely)...had some 80fdeg this week ...forecasted 20s f deg next week....

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
WOW. Your deer food plot is... wonderful.

And your "little" tractor is a John Deere accessoried 4500? :godfather

Don't they go for a tad more than $15K? Jeez.

Last edited:

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
WOW. Your deer food plot is... wonderful.

And your "little" tractor is a John Deere accessoried 4500? :godfather

Don't they go for a tad more than $15K? Jeez.
It's a 99 model I got it for 12k 10yrs ago....yes 15k is about right....absolutely my fav day to day tractor...can't say enough good about it....the other tractors start at twice the size....fwiw we planted in a lot of crimson clover into the food plot just for looks in a few weeks it should be a carpet a red

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Ever see a Macaw attempt to crack a safe ? This was 10 or so years ago.

safe crack 1.png

safe crack 2.png

safe crack 3.png

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
This is tonight, Genie is doing pretty good. Eating at the table is one of his pleasures.
This is a broth that he likes.
We are hoping he will be with us for a looong time. He is pushing 50 years old.

1585538095811.png

1585538158994.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I tidied up the basement today

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty