• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
hey coop,

he says pro-lific

there are some who take that very seriously,

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
hey coop,

he says pro-lific

there are some who take that very seriously,
....serious business for us...last year we collected over 500 on our property alone...we donate a huge amount to my BIL who does a annual charity feed featuring morels benefit shriners hospitals....he in turn donates fresh crappie to our freezer......fun fun

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Loving the red buds

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 3.29.14 PM.png

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Thats one of the ugliest cows I ever saw in my life.

Whats with them horns, that thing looks like a bruiser.
Coop I ain't sure what the [L] them critters is. Was on a drive about and took the pic cause I never seed them afore. Soon as I stopped that wooly bugger came charging over towards me and the truck. Figured I best get outta there before the guy who owned them showed up to protect them. There were about 30 in the herd so he must be raising them for a reason.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
They are scottish highland cattle. Them horns turn me off right now, dangerous critter, even if tame. They wouldnt go thru our polled angus working chutes...........lol.

They will milk, they are semi decent producers of real rich milk, gallon or 2 a day, and a calf to eat, if you want a new dedication in life. I milked 2 cows by hand when I was a kid, for about 6 years, EVERY FUCKING DAY.

I made alot of money for a runty ass kid, feeding it to my pigs. It was a hard dollar.

I didnt play sports.

:robber:

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I look at the horns as a place to keep my powder dry.
First cow I milked by myself I was 5 and did it until I left home at 18[Ol man sold them after that] then I got one 25 years ago and have had one until the last one died a year ago. Miss her and the milk. Absolutely amazing how pigs bloom on milk. Butter from the store ain't near as good either.

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Absolutely amazing how pigs bloom on milk.
It's good to know that they had a pretty good diet before you kill them. Pigs are reputed to eat any garbage.

Not sarcastic, no sir. It's the circle of life. We should respect the animals that we kill and eat, and as much as practical, make their lives "worth living" in their life experience.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
I look at the horns as a place to keep my powder dry.
First cow I milked by myself I was 5 and did it until I left home at 18[Ol man sold them after that] then I got one 25 years ago and have had one until the last one died a year ago. Miss her and the milk. Absolutely amazing how pigs bloom on milk. Butter from the store ain't near as good either.

the milk man, folk dont get it. You can fertilize your tomatoes with it.

Yea I got me a milking shorthorn out behind the barn. She eats good.

I got 99 problems and milk aint one.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Just helping out.

A 'morel' is a kind of edible schroom.

Golden Regards
Uncle

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
THERE IS NO "POT OF GOLD" AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW !!!
Yesterday, coming home from town, we had a beautiful rainbow. As we went down the road, it seemed that we would get to the END OF THE RAINBOW, NOT.
The illusive Rainbow came right to the edge of the road, THEN it started to move away as we approached it. As you see in the third photo, we were "on it", THEN it moved on down the side of the road, then crossed the road ( like the proverbial chicken) & continued to evade us.
I WANTED MY POT OF GOLD !!! :make happy::don't    know2:

IMG_3755.JPG
IMG_3757.JPG
IMG_3760.JPG
IMG_3761.JPG
IMG_3765.JPG
IMG_3766.JPG
IMG_3767.JPG

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
THERE IS NO "POT OF GOLD" AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW !!!
Yesterday, coming home from town, we had a beautiful rainbow. As we went down the road, it seemed that we would get to the END OF THE RAINBOW, NOT.
The illusive Rainbow came right to the edge of the road, THEN it started to move away as we approached it. As you see in the third photo, we were "on it", THEN it moved on down the side of the road, then crossed the road ( like the proverbial chicken) & continued to evade us.
I WANTED MY POT OF GOLD !!! :make happy::don't    know2:

View attachment 159946 View attachment 159947 View attachment 159948 View attachment 159949 View attachment 159950 View attachment 159951 View attachment 159952
Rumor has it you need to dig down 15'

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
This is on the east side of the Rockies and that is Pikes Peak , out on the high plains about 6000’ up and down the foothills

Just another day in paradise... @ 7K ft and about 12 miles away

IMG_2959.jpeg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Tonfa and homeade steel sai's

IMG_20200403_131939599.jpg
IMG_20200403_131921689.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Crappy still frame from my security camera, but it comes with a story. Last night I heard what sounded like a cat fight going on outside. I opened up the door to disperse them so I could go back to bed. I see something run by thinking it was a cat but kept thinking it looked more like a fox. It ran away and then a cat went chasing after it and then the fight continued out in the woods for a bit.

So I checked my footage this morning and sure enough there was a fox around and apparently that cat has balls as I have seen fox make quick work of cats before.

Fox is in the lower left part of the frame. It never stayed still enough for a better frame.
Fox-2020-04-03-picture20200404_111025_000001.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Crappy still frame from my security camera, but it comes with a story. Last night I heard what sounded like a cat fight going on outside. I opened up the door to disperse them so I could go back to bed. I see something run by thinking it was a cat but kept thinking it looked more like a fox. It ran away and then a cat went chasing after it and then the fight continued out in the woods for a bit.

So I checked my footage this morning and sure enough there was a fox around and apparently that cat has balls as I have seen fox make quick work of cats before.

Fox is in the lower left part of the frame. It never stayed still enough for a better frame.
View attachment 160263

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
That fox in the video wasn't just curious as the title suggests. It was looking for a meal but wanted a simpler target.

A couple years ago there was a red fox den just a little ways off of my property. It was really fun to watch the mother and the 4 kits. It was about this time that year the kits were around. Going to keep an eye on the area, maybe the old den is being used.

Fox-2018-04-11-WithKit-Img_2779S.jpg

Fox-2018-04-11-WithKits-Img_2749S.jpg

FoxKit-2018-04-12-Img_2803S.jpg

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
yep eric, fresh snow last night, and saw some fresh tracks this am from a fox,

cruisin' thru, checkin' under the sheds for a meal,

haven't physically seen one though for over a year

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I had a cat that looked just like that. Named him Boots for obvious reason. We lost him in a snowstorm. I loved that cat. He was a trooper!

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
yep eric, fresh snow last night, and saw some fresh tracks this am from a fox,

cruisin' thru, checkin' under the sheds for a meal,

haven't physically seen one though for over a year
Yeah the tracks are unmistakable. I noticed the fox tracks too on the walkway here this morning. You can see how the fox drags its feet through the snow. Since my last post I went out and followed the tracks around. From what I can see in the tracks the scuffle between the fox and the cat was mild. They went separate directions and I didn't notice any fur or blood. Now all the snow has melted and it is a nice sunny day, I've been in and out of the garden getting things prepped.

I had a cat that looked just like that. Named him Boots for obvious reason. We lost him in a snowstorm. I loved that cat. He was a trooper!
That's too bad. I keep my cat inside but there are a fair number of cats that wander the area. Speed limit is 50 MPH on my road and I've seen cats get hit and I've seen them taken by fox. The cats I see around get familiar for a month or two if lucky then something happens. Damn I don't mean to sound like a downer. My cat is napping on the couch and was very happy to get some sunshine.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That fox in the video wasn't just curious as the title suggests. It was looking for a meal but wanted a simpler target.

A couple years ago there was a red fox den just a little ways off of my property. It was really fun to watch the mother and the 4 kits. It was about this time that year the kits were around. Going to keep an eye on the area, maybe the old den is being used.

View attachment 160271

View attachment 160272

View attachment 160274
I had one and a housemate had another that looked identical...cats as cool as cucumbers.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I had one and a housemate had another that looked identical...cats as cool as cucumbers.
Here's my first cat. He was named Ty, short for Typhoon Twister (which gives you insight into my 10 year old brain, I was a weather nut). Lost him to heart issues. He thought he was a human. He would sit on the couch just like a person would and as people were talking he would look at whoever was talking and nod as if he was following the conversation.

Tycat.gif