• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Where is your fishing rod spinal?

Golden Regards
Uncle

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
this was just a scouting trip Uncle , to spy out the land

plus we have to get our license first

but when we do catch some , I will post some fish photos
WHOA!!! I think you are OFP (Old Fart Privileged). No Fishin' License necessary. Mebbe different out thataway... but here, I don't need either hunting or fishing licenses.

But it sure looks like a good place to go fishin', for sure. If you bring waders, you can go to different spots than the concrete thingy.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
WHOA!!! I think you are OFP (Old Fart Privileged). No Fishin' License necessary. Mebbe different out thataway... but here, I don't need either hunting or fishing licenses.

But it sure looks like a good place to go fishin', for sure. If you bring waders, you can go to different spots than the concrete thingy.
no waders needed , there are a dozen clear paths where one can walk up to the water and fish , like in the photo where it says this is the spot

I don’t know if I want to be wading through those bulrushes

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Looking good, I have fished that pond.

Call me when you go fish there and ill drive up.
sounds like a winnner , we are planning an expedition around the middle of next week , going to be a sunrise to sunset king of trip

3DA8AE8B-DB41-4D80-8130-C630A01491E5.jpeg

AC02F443-98D7-4F88-A212-DA01A277DFFF.jpeg

chrisflhtc

Seeker
Sr Site Supporter
Shrooms

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
sounds like a winnner , we are planning an expedition around the middle of next week , going to be a sunrise to sunset king of trip

View attachment 163725

View attachment 163723
I have that same mug. lol.

It's been too damn long since I've been fishing. I remember when I used to have free time. Then I decided to take on too many things and it's hard to even fathom taking the time to go fishing. Year after year saying "This will be the year I get out"... Dammit. Catch some good ones for me!

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I have that same mug. lol.

It's been too damn long since I've been fishing. I remember when I used to have free time. Then I decided to take on too many things and it's hard to even fathom taking the time to go fishing. Year after year saying "This will be the year I get out"... Dammit. Catch some good ones for me!
Eric, just go fishing. I'd rather die fishing than proving I could out work others.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Eric, just go fishing. I'd rather die fishing than proving I could out work others.
Put that way, it sounds so simple but it's hard to go fishing when you only have a half hour here and there to breath in the daylight and then still work through the night. It'll happen when/if I retire early. I'm considering when I'm 50 (in 9 years), or possibly much earlier.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Put that way, it sounds so simple but it's hard to go fishing when you only have a half hour here and there to breath in the daylight and then still work through the night. It'll happen when/if I retire early. I'm considering when I'm 50 (in 9 years), or possibly much earlier.
40 to 50 went so fast, I couldn't keep up. Like in a flash, 15% of my life went past.

Take care of the seconds as the minutes take care of themselves,
Take even better care of the minutes as the hours are complicit.
The hours are precious, and heed them well, when you come to days, it is just a fucking blurr.

Golden Regards
Uncle

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

BackwardsEngineeer

Total curmudgeon
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Dang GH... that is a once in a lifetime shot... focus, background and shadowing all look great..

Funny at first glance, my mind's eye interpreted it as a an eagle morphing in a satanic takeover kind of way... guess I'm just seeing darkness everywhere.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Just had a big hail storm roll through...

IMG_20200504_100508007.jpg
IMG_20200504_100552329.jpg

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
"YOU ONLY HAD ONE JOB TO DO THAT DAY".
1588610571486.png

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
FROM MY BROTHER CONAN THE LIBERTARIAN:
1588611326503.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
We had hail down here in south Floriduh, too. First time in 30 years.

It filled my downspouts with ice, so my gutters rain over like crazy; buried the peahen's brand-new ground nest under ice and water. :Build::don't know::oops:

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
That is a hack of a painting isnt it. Would look good on my office wall with all my fur and old traps.

Got some nice color to it.

Alton any idea where a guy could buy a print?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Dang GH... that is a once in a lifetime shot... focus, background and shadowing all look great..

Funny at first glance, my mind's eye interpreted it as a an eagle morphing in a satanic takeover kind of way... guess I'm just seeing darkness everywhere.
Found it online... only wish I had taken it...

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
40 to 50 went so fast, I couldn't keep up. Like in a flash, 15% of my life went past.

Take care of the seconds as the minutes take care of themselves,
Take even better care of the minutes as the hours are complicit.
The hours are precious, and heed them well, when you come to days, it is just a fucking blurr.

Golden Regards
Uncle
Been meaning to reply to this post. Really appreciate your wisdom.
When I turned 35 I was so busy it was like a surprise. I had to think about how old I was and for a moment I didn't know if I was 25 or 35. Then I was asking myself "Where did the last 10 years go?". Crazy that it was 6 years ago.

Since this is the random pics thread, I figured I would ask myself what I was doing 10 years from now. The closest pic I could find for 10 years from now is this jumping spider on 4/21/2010. A coworker at the time caught it and brought it in a jar figuring I might like it. Heh, that's me.. I named him Geronimo. I tried to let it go in my yard. It caught the bug it is holding before it even left the jar. It kept getting attacked by ants anywhere I let it go so I kept him as a pet for a while feeding it flies.

Geronimo-04-21-2010-IMG_4970.jpg

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Been meaning to reply to this post. Really appreciate your wisdom.
When I turned 35 I was so busy it was like a surprise. I had to think about how old I was and for a moment I didn't know if I was 25 or 35. Then I was asking myself "Where did the last 10 years go?". Crazy that it was 6 years ago.

Since this is the random pics thread, I figured I would ask myself what I was doing 10 years from now. The closest pic I could find for 10 years from now is this jumping spider on 4/21/2010. A coworker at the time caught it and brought it in a jar figuring I might like it. Heh, that's me.. I named him Geronimo. I tried to let it go in my yard. It caught the bug it is holding before it even left the jar. It kept getting attacked by ants anywhere I let it go so I kept him as a pet for a while feeding it flies.

View attachment 164134
You must be very lonely. Jus' Axin'