• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yeah, I'm looking at this meet silver round notice it has a website address on it circling around the edge. Highlights gold and was thirsty for info so I checked it out. Lo and behold Mienfoo there was Far deeper then gold and right on my wavelength. The fact that was almost 15 years ago blows my freaking mind everyday.
Been using talk to text on my phone... sorry
..going to have to start editing better.

hardmoney

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Been working on my project truck, a 1962 Chevy K20. I was a little surprised by how much work the cab needs, but it'll be a fun project. Not doing a full restoration, just want to get the body in good shape and painted and make it mechanically sound and be a daily driver.

Attachments

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Been working on my project truck, a 1962 Chevy K20. I was a little surprised by how much work the cab needs, but it'll be a fun project. Not doing a full restoration, just want to get the body in good shape and painted and make it mechanically sound and be a daily driver.
Wowsers! Respect HM. Tough looking beast man, always loved that style.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
lol, if true, can they pose a little closer? 28-300mm lens barely doing it. :winks2:
On Saturday coming back from work, driving down a steep hill, a hawk flew out in front of me about 20 yards away and 10 feet off the ground and banked as I passed him so I got a clear view of his outstretched wings and back, from the top. I've at most seen a hawk fly from a side view and obviously most often from below, but this was the first time I got to see a hawk from above. After he banked left and I was driving down the hill and passing by him I was probably only 10 yards away. The kestrels Hawks and the like are very prevalent around this area.

Last edited:

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
On Saturday ccomingback from work, driving down a steep hill, a hawk flew out in front of me about 20 yards in about 10 feet off the ground and paint as I passed him so I got a clear view of his outstretched wings and back, from the top. I've at most seen a hawk fly from a side view and obviously most often from below, but this was the first time I got to see a hawk from above. After he banked left and I was driving down the hill and passing by him I was probably only 10 yards away. The kestrels Hawks and the like are very prevalent around this area.
Awesome. I can't say for sure I have ever seen a kestrel but would love to. If I go out and pay attention I will usually see a few raptors within 30 minutes. Mostly vultures, red tailed hawks, other falcon-like hawks (coopers, sharp shinned, merlins). Seeing and hearing nighthawks too. The other day I scared a flock of starlings off of the bird feeder and saw them all gather on the neighbors apple tree. Next thing you know a hawk dives down into the flock and they scatter. Never saw where the hawk went or if he got one because the trees are getting thick and impossible to see through.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Awesome. I can't say for sure I have ever seen a kestrel but would love to. If I go out and pay attention I will usually see a few raptors within 30 minutes. Mostly vultures, red tailed hawks, other falcon-like hawks (coopers, sharp shinned, merlins). Seeing and hearing nighthawks too. The other day I scared a flock of starlings off of the bird feeder and saw them all gather on the neighbors apple tree. Next thing you know a hawk dives down into the flock and they scatter. Never saw where the hawk went or if he got one because the trees are getting thick and impossible to see through.
When I first moved to Arkansas I lived on Kestrel Drive. That ought to give you an idea of how prevalent they are. I've seen all sizes of raptors around here. Super tiny to super large. I'm not on my game enough to know the difference between a sharp-shinned and some other smally's but the kestrels do stand out.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
https://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/random-pictures-thread.1554/page-209#post-1596552

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
When I first moved to Arkansas I lived on Kestrel Drive. That ought to give you an idea of how prevalent they are. I've seen all sizes of raptors around here. Super tiny to super large. I'm not on my game enough to know the difference between a sharp-shinned and some other smally's but the kestrels do stand out.
I hear you about telling the difference. If you can't accurately tell the size it's nearly impossible to know which. That's actually why I often just call them falcons and call it good. :)

That loon you linked to is very different from the loons seen in MN (state bird, common loon). I don't see them around here, they mostly inhabit Northern MN lakes.

Speaking of birds not around here, these are some pics from the zoo near Phoenix AZ from a trip in 2006.

Swan-2006-04-10-Img_5270SS.jpg

Parrots-2006-04-10-Img_5271SS.jpg

Ducks-2006-04-10-Img_5268SS.jpg

Birds-2006-04-10-Img_5298SS.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I hear you about telling the difference. If you can't accurately tell the size it's nearly impossible to know which. That's actually why I often just call them falcons and call it good. :)

That loon you linked to is very different from the loons seen in MN (state bird, common loon). I don't see them around here, they mostly inhabit Northern MN lakes.

Speaking of birds not around here, these are some pics from the zoo near Phoenix AZ from a trip in 2006.

View attachment 168459

View attachment 168460

View attachment 168461

View attachment 168462
And different yet to the loons I mostly heard but occasionally saw in Maine. when I lived on the island you could hear them out in the harbor at night sometimes. I believe they're referred to as a common loon. Not my pic

I was trying to link to the hawk I took a picture of further down the page, though I know you've seen it before.

Last edited:

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I was trying to link to the hawk I took a picture of further down the page, though I know you've seen it before
Funny, just checked it out and I was thinking maybe a red-shouldered hawk. Then I scrolled down and saw that I had that same guess back then. Not terribly confident in that but at least my guess was consistent. :)

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Funny, just checked it out and I was thinking maybe a red-shouldered hawk. Then I scrolled down and saw that I had that same guess back then. Not terribly confident in that but at least my guess was consistent. :)
Works for me. An ornithologist I am not!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
you mean the flat topped one across the street?
That one. perspective is hard to tell in the picture at first I thought it was a kids toy car. My old buddy and I used to laugh at his neighbors square and round shrubberies. I didn't take you for that type.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
thats across the street, misty, about 100 yards (maybe 85-90) from my kitchen window in the back of my house. I use that bkgnd a lot for photos.
those are house rooftops in the foreground.

BF

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I was taking a trip down memory lane on Realtor and my old house in Springdale (AR) is for sale. But WOAH... Looks like a set for one of those paranormal shows! What have they done with all the Basswood and Mulberry trees??? Looks awful!

View attachment 168589
Haha! Nicknamed Chickendale. I spent a year or two living in Springdale right off of 71. I'm in Springdale at least once a week.

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
What have they done with all the Basswood and Mulberry trees??? Looks awful!
My wife watches a lot of those home change shows. Usually, it is "change [something] because... [nonsense]". They often do needed repair, but they also do stupid changes because they think they buyers want [something stupid]. This may be the case here.

Off topic, I despise people who are superficial sacks of shit, that only look at appearance and don't care about substance.

Roger Ramjet

Lost in a Time Warp
Haha! Nicknamed Chickendale. I spent a year or two living in Springdale right off of 71. I'm in Springdale at least once a week.
Once a week? Lord... I'm SORRY! My ex was from there and after I retired from the service I lived there (we bought it years ago) till I gradded the U of A (GI Bill) and got the beep out of there (without her)... The house looked a H*ll of a lot better back then...

RR

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Once a week? Lord... I'm SORRY! My ex was from there and after I retired from the service I lived there (we bought it years ago) till I gradded the U of A (GI Bill) and got the beep out of there (without her)... The house looked a H*ll of a lot better back then...

RR
It's little Mexico.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Got to the job today and there were all sorts of baby armadillos scavenging about.

IMG_1482.jpg
IMG_1479.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Jam night

IMG_20200612_181441834_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200612_181447218_HDR.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Is that all U can eat chicken place --- uhhh Monte Ne Chicken! Still open? Used to be a great place for family style eating even though it was a drive.
Haven't heard of it. What town was it in?