• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
The clouds have been very cool around here lately. Today I experimented with taking camera phone pictures through my polarized sunglasses. I asked a friend of mine which image he liked better and he said the polarized one was warmer and I told him that's probably why I wear my sunglasses all the time. :) So of the first two pictures which one do you like better?
A skylight filter will sharpen up those clouds a bit. That is if it's a camera that accepts filters on the lens?

If it's a phone cam, you're stuck with what you got. I prefer the non polarized pics because the sun glasses impart a yellow tint to the shot.

Again, a polarizing filter and a skylight filter on a camera will do what the sunglasses do without the yellow tint.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Thanks! It has been said, and I appreciate it. I mostly just like to share the beauty I am lucky enough to capture. In this case, the butterfly gets all the credit. Somehow it did not mind me standing right next to it as it went from flower to flower. So I went inside and got my camera, came back out and got these pics.
Great job capturing it's beauty. It's good for the soul.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
2nd night in a row this guy is been hanging around....

IMG_20200726_232013311.jpg

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
archaic.jpg

gringott

"Veteran of the Battle of Knob Creek"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Eric, fantastic. Old National Geographic quality. Bravo.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
A 6.5 mm Grendel Hunter upper (20'' barrel) and bolt carrier on a Colt H-Bar match lower, Pachmeyer grip, Larue trigger, Harris bi-pod and Nightforce scope.

6.5 Grendel
by Tom, on Flickr

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I got to pretend I was Eric The Cat today...:)

IMG_20200728_172454394.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I got to pretend I was Eric The Cat today...:)

View attachment 174340
Awesome. I had another close encounter but I was minding the grill so I didn't get any pics. Once again it didn't mind being right next to me. Also had a hummingbird with a similar attitude, ate off flowers right in front of me, then sat up on my deer fence to rest not far from me for a little while. Talked to it and it seemed interested. lol

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Awesome. I had another close encounter but I was minding the grill so I didn't get any pics. Once again it didn't mind being right next to me. Also had a hummingbird with a similar attitude, ate off flowers right in front of me, then sat up on my deer fence to rest not far from me for a little while. Talked to it and it seemed interested. lol
My mom says that they're not timid as a species. I'm telling you as soon as I started to sweet-talk to it out the screened window, she flew over to check me out. I say she because I believe it's the female ruby throated hummingbird.

I believe the butterfly I took a picture of today was a male Tiger Swallowtail.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Yep HM has got talent (see https://goldismoney2.com/threads/feedback-on-for-sale-items.58347/post-1518977) all right. He would be the goto guy if you wanted to give your wife something special on your anniversary. But, prolly not. Seems like most of y'all left those 'romantic feelings' things behind a few years back.

Anyhow... I wanted to post a quick photo I took of my Not Monet that I've had for 15 - 20 years:

Not Monet.jpg

I kinda like art (in all it's forms)
BF

hardmoney

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Would you sell this and at what price?

Typically, my wife gets first dibs on all my paintings and she is pretty fond of this one; it would take a lot to pry it out of her hands.

Thank you though!

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Well, I made a pizza yesterday. It was "large", sixteen inches, with chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing.

I started with 24 ounces of dough, 8 ounces of ranch dressing, followed by 16 ounces of mozzarella.

Here it is after the mozzarella and a half pound of bacon.
pizza1.jpeg

Now we add a pound of chicken.
pizza2.jpeg

Let's make some small bread sticks with some dipping sauce.
pizza3.jpeg

And here it is out of the oven.
pizza4.jpeg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Well, I made a pizza yesterday. It was "large", sixteen inches, with chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing.

I started with 24 ounces of dough, 8 ounces of ranch dressing, followed by 16 ounces of mozzarella.

Here it is after the mozzarella and a half pound of bacon.
View attachment 174547

Now we add a pound of chicken.
View attachment 174548

Let's make some small bread sticks with some dipping sauce.
View attachment 174549

And here it is out of the oven.
View attachment 174550
Damn you! Ya done went and really activated my salivary glands!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Coming home off the interstate today...

IMG_20200730_175407788_HDR.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
This picture was taken just before the previous picture I posted and the previous picture was taken from what is essentially the middle of this photograph, just on the other side of the center evergreen trees facing north which would be 2 our left. Clear as mud? It's pretty and rural country out here.

IMG_20200730_175347923.jpg

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Finished another oil painting recently...

View attachment 174386
Mom used to paint in oils as a hobby. Nothing like this. You have mad skills amigo. I'm shocked at how good it is. I assume you know how good you are so I won't bore you but that is the best painting I have seen in years. Reminds me of when I visited the village my father's family came from in the mountains in Poland, or Germany or whatever depending on what the date was. Ordered a coffee in a little cafe and they served it in what we would call a heavy water glass on a saucer, grounds in the bottom, I think I still got burn scars on my mouth from when I took my first sip. Anyway, fantastic work.

hardmoney

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I don't want to take this thread off on another tangent, but I just have a problem with the fact that the commies wouldn't have been there if not for us " fighting for our freedom". And I'll leave it there and apologize for any offense I might have given.

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
No offense taken, just wondered bro, you can think whatever you want and also feel comfortable saying it also, that is your right, given by God, not me. I just wondered. I was not owed an explanation, Thanks! Back to the fun!

I'm kool if a moderator could delete this post of mine, and I will delete the previous post of mine. Wrong place for this. Don't want to be a wrecker.

historyrepete

Silver Member
Silver Miner
No offense taken, just wondered bro, you can think whatever you want and also feel comfortable saying it also, that is your right, given by God, not me. I just wondered. I was not owed an explanation, Thanks! Back to the fun!

I'm kool if a moderator could delete this post of mine, and I will delete the previous post of mine. Wrong place for this. Don't want to be a wrecker.
Compared to other derailments here and other forums, right on track! No problems lol

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Taken tonight

IMG_20200801_183844256.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Da wabbit hanging awound my mom's house

image000000.jpg

I guess the dog doesn't mind it and it doesn't mind the dog or the chickens.

image000000_01.jpg