• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Thank you but lm still an emoji disciple sifu Taez. Will always be in the shadow of Grandmaster Duck.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Thank you but lm still an emoji disciple sifu Taez. Will always be in the shadow of Grandmaster Duck.
YUP !!! LONG LIVE THE DUCK !!!! :2 thumbs up::finished::finished::finished::green tea::holding hands:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
You know, that's gotta be pretty traumatic for the fish. Almost but not quite to the level of waking up unexpectedly next to Hillary Clinton.
NAW, NAW, it can't be THAT bad ! :make happy::bombs 8::bombs 7::sick:spaceship::hang:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You know, that's gotta be pretty traumatic for the fish. Almost but not quite to the level of waking up unexpectedly next to Hillary Clinton.
Hard to think of anything more horrific than that.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
that's where Hillary is going next...she gets to be the fish, for every child she damaged, she gets to be the fish

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

gringott

"Veteran of the Battle of Knob Creek"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
If you're going to be a bird.
Be an early bird and get the worm for your breakfast plate.

If you're going to be a bird,
Be an early bird.

But, if you're a worm,
Sleep late.

- Shel Silverstein

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
If you're going to be a bird.
Be an early bird and get the worm for your breakfast plate.

If you're going to be a bird,
Be an early bird.

But, if you're a worm,
Sleep late.

- Shel Silverstein
The early bird gets the worm.
The SECOND mouse gets the cheese ! :2 thumbs up::finished::finished::finished::gracious:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My wife's model Panama Bus.
1597336276115.jpg

The Coin Set is for my 11 year old Grandson, as a reward for being so intelligent about "stuff".

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
This is a WWII era 6'' shield gun, used for costal defense.
Shield Gun.jpg

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Setting up wind flags for a 200 yard bench rest match. This is Riverbend Gun Club about 40-50 miles north of Atlanta, near Dawsonville, GA. I've been a member here since 1994. This is one of about 20 separate ranges in the club encompassing pretty much every shooting discipline known to man. The longest range is only 600 years though.

In benchrest, the object is to put 5 shots into as small an area as possible. To give you an idea just how accurate these rifles can be, this 200 yard match has a "moving backer" behind the targets. That is a piece of paper that passes the target, the purpose is to prove that 5 shots were fired. Reason being that a decent group (not great, just decent) the shots will hit close enough together that you can't really tell how many hit there. At 100 yards, a tuned rifle will put all shots into a group that is barely distinguishable from a single shot.

The reason for the wind flags is that at 200, even a 5 MPH breeze will push the bullets over 2" one way or the other and you won't need a moving backer to count your shots. So you'll definitely want to shoot all your shots in the same condition.

DSC8830.jpg
DSC2854_2.jpg

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Setting up wind flags for a 200 yard bench rest match. This is Riverbend Gun Club about 40-50 miles north of Atlanta, near Dawsonville, GA. I've been a member here since 1994. This is one of about 20 separate ranges in the club encompassing pretty much every shooting discipline known to man. The longest range is only 600 years though.

In benchrest, the object is to put 5 shots into as small an area as possible. To give you an idea just how accurate these rifles can be, this 200 yard match has a "moving backer" behind the targets. That is a piece of paper that passes the target, the purpose is to prove that 5 shots were fired. Reason being that a decent group (not great, just decent) the shots will hit close enough together that you can't really tell how many hit there. At 100 yards, a tuned rifle will put all shots into a group that is barely distinguishable from a single shot.

The reason for the wind flags is that at 200, even a 5 MPH breeze will push the bullets over 2" one way or the other and you won't need a moving backer to count your shots. So you'll definitely want to shoot all your shots in the same condition.

View attachment 176709 View attachment 176710
Thanks for the explanation Tom.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I suspect he smokes cigarettes, I don't know why, just a feeling. This was the local Kroger cripple parking spot.
You'll be hard-pressed to find a more stubborn human that a staunch cigarette smoker.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I suspect he smokes cigarettes, I don't know why, just a feeling. This was the local Kroger cripple parking spot.
That vehicle reminds me of a couple I've seen. One was out on the island where are young couple with a few kids how to station wagon with plastic dinosaurs glued all over it. The other one is local around here and is a Children's therapy outfit or something and have a car with giant zoo animals attached to it.
The third is the local guy with a hearse painted all in matte black with all sorts of Gothic accoutrements adorned on it like something straight out of Mad Max.
I'm told the guy I used to sleep in a coffin.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Seen one guy around here with a PUP with bible verses all over the thing...

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That vehicle reminds me of a couple I've seen. One was out on the island where are young couple with a few kids how to station wagon with plastic dinosaurs glued all over it. The other one is local around here and is a Children's therapy outfit or something and have a car with giant zoo animals attached to it.
The third is the local guy with a hearse painted all in matte black with all sorts of Gothic accoutrements adorned on it like something straight out of Mad Max.
A few years ago a guy around here drove around with a giant billboard mounted and stablized with cables in his Chevy pickup. Something about Chevy screwing him with a lemon and refusing to fix or replace. Never got a chance to take a photo, wish I did.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 9.51.56 AM.png

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I swear there is at least one of those guys in almost every town.

Like this guy who ran for governor of Minnesota. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathon_Sharkey
:dduck:

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Huge money in the Hollweenie thing here. Started to ramp up in the mid-90s, you can get rich here now.
Haunted houses and hearsts for advertising.
Lots of cash meaning no tax

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I've caught a bunch of bottom fish in the 50-100 lb range which leads me to wonder just how the hell do you get that fish up if he don't wanna come up. I've had 60 lb amberjacks give me EVERYTHING I was capable of handling.

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
North Korean Propaganda I picked up off the ground at Camp Greaves on the DMZ. They would float balloons over the DMZ and somehow dump these thin paper leaflets. I guess I committed a UCMJ offense picking it up and keeping it, but that was over 20 years ago so I guess I'm good. Two sided, hence two photos. Enjoy.

North Korean Prop 1 smaller.jpg

North Korean Prop 2 smaller.jpg

Me & the Dictator Playboy down by the school yard (He loved blonde women and fast cars, this current guy's papa).

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
P-38 !!! :2 thumbs up::thumbs up 2:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I'm working at a house that sits on a golf course. In fact I'm in the middle of repairing some damage caused by golf balls on the house in the stucco and windows.

Turn here for a couple weeks now and to go I walked out onto the back deck and was pelted by a golf ball in the leg! The timing was impeccable. I was about 8 inches from needing medical assistance. Already have a welt.

There are keystones spaced a foot or so apart on the corners of the brick and literally every one of them going up the side of the building has been hit by golf balls.

Funny thing is that I was standing in the most secluded spot on the deck.

IMG_20200818_150453519_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200818_151129785_HDR.jpg