• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
beautiful scenery there , inspirational for sure

sometimes inspiration , mostly perspiration
...So let's spark another spliff with no hesitation

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It's a beautiful 70 degree day here

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
. chickens react to different humans differently , some humans they trust , some humans they run from
They can if you like fried chicken. Yeah, they'd run from me, I think.

:oops:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Had this guy visit the other day... not very blue, but definitely a bluejay
IMG_8065 copy.jpg

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
@Sampson. Recognize this?

(Of course he does)

_DSC9959.jpg

Sampson

Digging for nuggets of knowledge
Silver Miner
Yupp, that cat was a beast. He would hike with me for miles and miles, and when he got tired he would climb up and lay down on the top of my pack to rest. I remember one week when it dumped so much snow that the cat was swimming around and digging tunnels in it.

You can actually see where my old house was in that pic, in the top right corner where the creek came out between the cliffs.

My ol' Dane, Marley, is buried under the biggest pine tree in the first draw to the left of the house.

images.jpeg

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yupp, that cat was a beast. He would hike with me for miles and miles, and when he got tired he would climb up and lay down on the top of my pack to rest. I remember one week when it dumped so much snow that the cat was swimming around and digging tunnels in it.

You can actually see where my old house was in that pic, in the top right corner where the creek came out between the cliffs.

My ol' Dane, Marley, is buried under the biggest pine tree in the first draw to the left of the house.

View attachment 185040
Thats so awesome sampson. You're lucky to have such a cool dude to Pal around with like that that's a rarity. He looks like a major badass.

Sampson

Digging for nuggets of knowledge
Silver Miner
Thats so awesome sampson. You're lucky to have such a cool dude to Pal around with like that that's a rarity. He looks like a major badass.
Yea, he was all muscle under that fur. Had a great life until he disappeared one night. Might have been the coyotes or the cougars, or he just kept wandering, but he was a great cat while he was around.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Loving my new phone! Everything I hated about my old one this is improved upon. I just found out how much better the camera is to. I took the same picture with the other camera and it was worlds apart. Just has a little bit of a fisheye or panarama thing built-in at a push of a button.

Anyway, my back 40 through the screen

20201018_170426.jpg

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
what phone?

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
So it has a 50 cal and a 30 cal "coax" gun. I guess the one on top is 50. Probably good for hitting light vehicles. 385 gallons of diesel should be considered a fill-up and get the free Roadrunner glass or Noah's Ark figurine. I think it is funny that a battle tank is "protected" by a rope. Why not just let people touch and feel and climb all over it to get an idea of its strength awesomeness?

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
So it has a 50 cal and a 30 cal "coax" gun. I guess the one on top is 50. Probably good for hitting light vehicles. 385 gallons of diesel should be considered a fill-up and get the free Roadrunner glass or Noah's Ark figurine. I think it is funny that a battle tank is "protected" by a rope. Why not just let people touch and feel and climb all over it to get an idea of its strength awesomeness?
Probably because all of the hubcaps have been stolen.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Geeze took me way to long to find out that answer. Its an LG Aristo 5. Paid like $75 with the "upgrade" metro does every so many months

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Nah. That would be an invite for someone to fall off and sue Uncle Sugar.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
and why'd they park that car under all that junk?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Geeze took me way to long to find out that answer. Its an LG Aristo 5. Paid like $75 with the "upgrade" metro does every so many months
Stand up and defy convention with the LG Aristo® 5, providing premium viewing, capturing, and sharing experiences.
  • 5.7" HD+ 19:9 FullVision™ Display (720 x 1520)
  • Dual Rear Cameras - 13MP PDAF/5MP Wide
  • 5MP Front Facing Selfie Camera
  • Bigger 32GB Memory
  • All day long-lasting 3,000 mAh Battery (Typ.)
  • Price may vary in store

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
For it being an uneventful day, my day was quite eventful...

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
And just minutes later...

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Not seeing pics. Or is it pics of no-see-ums? No not seeing pics just so you know.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
When I was a kid on our way camping we would stop off and play on the tank on the green in New Milford, Ct.
Just searched for a pic and learned that after pressure from veterans they recently decided to restore it.

https://connecticut.news12.com/comm...-wwii-army-tank-a-staple-of-new-milford-green

A community-funded restoration is underway to preserve a treasured piece of history in New Milford.
Among the flags, monuments and plaques that honor the military in the town is a World War II tank that has become a landmark since it was donated in 1947.
Since then, it's been a favorite, not just for former military members but their kids and grandkids.

"I'm a ninth-generation person from New Milford and the tank has always represented the veterans of the town, but it's also been something that every generations climbed on,” said Paul Murphy, a Vietnam veteran.
Murphy started a campaign on Facebook, asking for the community to help pitch in and repair the tank, which had rusting areas and peeling paint.
Within minutes, community members stepped up to fund the project.
“A lot of us had tears in our eyes or choked up that we actually had that much of a response,” he says.
Restoration began Wednesday with all the work and supplies donated by local people and businesses. The tank is being sandblasted, then primed and painted its original color from 1940s. The stars and serial number are set to be added next week.
“That’s why I say this is the best town in the USA,” says Mayor Pete Bass.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
These two quoted ones I don't see pics. Your latest one of the tank I do. Others look okay.
That's very interesting because they show up here and I just re-downloaded them from the images I posted....BUT there's been a bunch of times in the past where I've come back to the thread and pictures that I posted haven't showed up but people's thinks we're on them so I know that something had been there and assume they just weren't loading for me or something but I think what they all have in common is they are pictures I've had to reduce the size of using a program and used the HTML insert instead of the attached files. Anybody else having trouble seeing them?

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
DSC07264.jpg

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
These two quoted ones I don't see pics. Your latest one of the tank I do. Others look okay.
Thanks for letting me know E.
And.................. without further ado.... once again for the third time-

20201021_164854_92_1_73.jpg

20201021_172426_92_1_73.jpg

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Good buddy made his daughter a toy car. He and i are both about preserving the old school.

IMG_0779~2.jpg
IMG_0780~3.jpg

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++