• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Is that a lobstertail moth? Tough to tell from that angle. Cool critters if so.
Hummingbird moth, but lobstertail would be a fitting name as well.

Interesting thing about hummingbird moths, when they first emerge their wings are solidly colored. Over time the color on the wings falls off and they become clear.

Not a great pic but this is one with more color.
Moth-2018-06-22-Img_8700SS.jpg

Now back to your regularly scheduled random pics.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
20210105_145412~2.jpg

Attachments

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
Well not from that beast but I do have some other shed antlers. Give me a couple of days and I'll send you a pic of what I have. What are you using it for?

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I sure thought so. Would have been cool to see it in action. Makes me wonder what came together to make it happen like that. We had snow over night, then a mix of rain/snow/sleet until early afternoon when the sun made an appearance.
My guess is the top layer stayed a bit crusty while the heat from the slide listen to the snow below and the crystalline structure was such that it held its shape

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So this had been my browsing and posting screen for the last half of 2020. Between this and auto correct, is it any wonder why my spelling and grammer has been so....mmm...unique at times? Lol

20210106_000511~2.jpg

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
So this had been my browsing and posting screen for the last half of 2020. Between this and auto correct, is it any wonder why my spelling and grammer has been so....mmm...unique at times? Lol
Is that because you don't have a computer??

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Is that because you don't have a computer??
The chromebook's looking dead. :(

It won't power on and it won't show that it's charging and this happened about a day after I had spilled water on to the keyboard. It worked 4 hours after I spilled the water on it but after shutting it down next time I went to turn it on it wouldn't work so I imagine it was shorted. I tried a few things including different Chargers and Bood up scenarios to no avail so I shelved it for now.

And my new phone started having charging problems probably after a fall while plugged in. And because of that I had it out of its case and because of that and now has a cracked screen so yeah like I said in the watch thread I don't do well with expensive things!

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
The chromebook's looking dead. :(

It won't power on and it won't show that it's charging and this happened about a day after I had spilled water on to the keyboard. It worked 4 hours after I spilled the water on it but after shutting it down next time I went to turn it on it wouldn't work so I imagine it was shorted. I tried a few things including different Chargers and Bood up scenarios to no avail so I shelved it for now.

And my new phone started having charging problems probably after a fall while plugged in. And because of that I had it out of its case and because of that and now has a cracked screen so yeah like I said in the watch thread I don't do well with expensive things!
My wife's chromebook crapped out on her earlier in the week and I found I could get her a pretty decent one for around $300. She really doesn't need a computer and a Chromebook works for her.

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
Why are the trains following each other so close?
Good catch ugly.....:beer:. As you can see this train is at high elevation. I think this pic was taken at just under 10,000 ft. on the NM/ CO border. This is a narrow gauge railroad and in order to pull this load at this elevation and grade it requires 2 engines. BUT,.... that bridge the train is going over is barely rated to handle the load/weight of both engines. So before crossing the bridge the engines are separated and cross the bridge individually. The two Locomotives are reconnected once the single engine has safely crossed over the bridge.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My wife's chromebook crapped out on her earlier in the week and I found I could get he a pretty decent one for around $300. She really doesn't need a computer and a Chromebook works for her.
Mine was a gift and ran $250. At first i was thinking silly but the touch screen grew on me to the point where i now instinctively grab at non touch screens. :D

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The other night I took a laser pointer and clicked it around in the air and snapped a picture to see what would happen and I capture to speakers one and then zoomed in on it and this crazy display was captured. I played around with a couple different filters to bring out the contrast.

Just now I was putting together a folder of pictures for a client and noticed a ray of light coming through the deck floor board and I thought it was pretty neat to considering none of my other cameras have been this sensitive.
Screenshot_20201230-224408.png
Screenshot_20201230-224408~2.png

Screenshot_20210110-183623~2.png

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
"You can clearly see it is a space based weapon firing on the camper in.... "

Oooo — I can see it now.

nice catch misty

BF
The refraction really caught my attention.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It's nice. I could take it and photoshop them into a number of different types of images — it's cool refraction.

BF
Its fun to get a blown up perspective of the microcosmic world.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Heres one to play with ifw
20201230_153919~2.jpg

Ah, found the source img from og

20201230_153926~2.jpg

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Woke up sat. morning to find my kid up early practicing his karate sword forms with his light saber.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I like that veil nebula pic in the background.
yeah kid picked it out after looking at a lot of them. Supposedly its the "witches broom"

He was quick to point out to me that the sword forms would not actually be possible asis with a REAL lightsaber as some of them involve putting your hand on the flat side of the blade to wipe it off or put it away, but "its ok since its just for practice and not a real lightsaber." legit.

Last edited:

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Not mine but he wanted to swing by and make an appearance.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Great shot of the bat!

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
yeah kid picked it out after looking at a lot of them. Supposedly its the "witches broom"

He was quickly to point out to me that the sword forms would not actually be possible asis with a REAL lightsaber as some of them involve putting your hand on the flat side of the blade to wipe it off or put it away, but "its ok since its just for practice and not a real lightsaber." legit.
Great shot of the bat!
yeah, good luck replicating that! Daytime, full spread, perfect focus....

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Stumbled on some old pics.

These my mom took at her house several years ago.

bear scat & feeder.JPG

bear scat.JPG

bear2.jpg