• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
pwp2q6yww8o61.jpg

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Being as how the other thread was filled with all manner of monotonous band wasting material, it was banned to the back 40.

What we now have is the opportunity to get it back on track with pics from our members and their interests,
rather than being a dumping ground as it once was.
Time to do it again, boss.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Ever hunt for artifacts out there?

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Same flower is called different names depending on where you find yourself standing. I just honor what my Mother loved to call them.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Daffodil is what it looks like.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
The Difference Between a Daffodil & a Jonquil

Classic daffodil hybrids often bear a single yellow flower per stalk.

According to the American Daffodil Society, a jonquil (Narcissus jonquilla) is one of the thirteen divisions of daffodils (Narcissus spp.). Most Narcissus hybrids thrive in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 3 through 9.

Bloom color, size and shape, as well as foliage type, flowering schedule and number of blossoms to a stem, determine the classifications of over 25,000 registered hybrids. All of these perennials fall under the Narcissus genus. The flowers, grown from bulbs, have the advantages of minimal care requirements and a year-to-year increase in plant matter.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The Difference Between a Daffodil & a Jonquil

Classic daffodil hybrids often bear a single yellow flower per stalk.

According to the American Daffodil Society, a jonquil (Narcissus jonquilla) is one of the thirteen divisions of daffodils (Narcissus spp.). Most Narcissus hybrids thrive in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 3 through 9.

Bloom color, size and shape, as well as foliage type, flowering schedule and number of blossoms to a stem, determine the classifications of over 25,000 registered hybrids. All of these perennials fall under the Narcissus genus. The flowers, grown from bulbs, have the advantages of minimal care requirements and a year-to-year increase in plant matter.

They got the name "Easter Lily" because they typically bloom around Easter.

But, yes, a daffodil, it is.

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Chem lawn baby.
20210324_123853~2.jpg

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Zoysia grass (the brown one) baby.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Not sure I will ever understand why someone would want a perfect green grass lawn. I much prefer red clover!

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
My neighbors think I'm a little crazy because I like dandelions. They're tasty in a salad or even the flowers sautéed.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
My neighbors think I'm a little crazy because I like dandelions. They're tasty in a salad or even the flowers sautéed.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Last night in snowflake city...

The Falcon 9 second stage from the Mar 4 Starlink launch failed to make a deorbit burn and is now reentering after 22 days in orbit. Its reentry was observed from the Seattle area at about 0400 UTC Mar 26.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I have made dandelion wine. <-- You use the flowers.

Not only are the young leaves great in a salad, but the roots are edible too. Click for recipes:
1616770094247.png

MUCH LATER ADD: The odd thing is that I have not seen a dandelion plant in over 20 years. They just do not grow down here in south Floriduh.

Last edited:

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
If
I have made dandelion wine. <-- You use the flowers.

Not only are the young leaves great in a salad, but the roots are edible too. Click for recipes:
View attachment 205745

MUCH LATER ADD: The odd thing is that I have not seen a dandelion plant in over 20 years. They just do not grow down here in south Floriduh.

If you lightly flour and saute the flowers, they are similar in taste to mushrooms.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Nice sky shot!

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The bluebirds are back!

Female
Bluebird-2021-03-28-Img_0579S.jpg

Male
Bluebird-2021-03-28-Img_0584S.jpg

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Those are good shots. Good use of a zoom lense. Did you have your camera mounted to eliminate shaking?

Thanks. These were hand-held with image stabilization enabled on the lens which can help. I used to almost invariably use a tripod for a steady image. Having seen many good hand-held shots I decided to try and get better at holding the camera. Now I rarely use the tripod on subjects that move around considerably. The most important result is that I don't miss shots that I would have while trying to get the tripod into a good position (or get myself in a good position, as can be a pain for birds flying overhead).

I have my eye on a fixed long focal length lens. If I do order one I might also get a gimbal tripod head. Like a few things I am looking at right now, the lens I want to get has been out of stock for weeks (and who knows if that will change).

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Thanks. These were hand-held with image stabilization enabled on the lens which can help. I used to almost invariably use a tripod for a steady image. Having seen many good hand-held shots I decided to try and get better at holding the camera. Now I rarely use the tripod on subjects that move around considerably. The most important result is that I don't miss shots that I would have while trying to get the tripod into a good position (or get myself in a good position, as can be a pain for birds flying overhead).

I have my eye on a fixed long focal length lens. If I do order one I might also get a gimbal tripod head. Like a few things I am looking at right now, the lens I want to get has been out of stock for weeks (and who knows if that will change).
Im impressed you got both him and her.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The most important result is that I don't miss shots that I would have while trying to get the tripod into a good position (or get myself in a good position, as can be a pain for birds flying overhead).
It's the equipment conundrum. Do I set it up and miss the shot, or?

It's the same as pulling a trigger. Breath out, pull.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Im impressed you got both him and her.
Very lucky out here. He landed a couple feet away from me today. Squawked at me a few times. Saw the pair many times. Once they are here they hang around. I am blessed.