• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Had to look that one up cause the photo reminded me of Lime Kiln Beach just south of Big Sur State Park....

Yachats (say YAH-hots) was named after the Yachats River, and is a word derived from native local languages. Ya’Xaik (YAH-hike) was the Alseas’ word for the locale.

Nestled between lush forested mountains and rhythmic Pacific surf, the vibrant village of Yachats opens a window to the environment.

It is a magical place for a peaceful retreat, outdoor adventure, exploration, and romance.

Come visit the gem of the Oregon coast and feel like a local.

64A61559-22BA-47BC-BE20-DA59F3FE979E.jpeg

I think this is Lime Kiln beach...

EE3014CD-D44F-4E8C-A0D1-C3754AC427EF.jpeg

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
This is a metals site after all.....

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Jeez. Where is that picture of the Palestinian hag holding up a cartridge, claiming she dug it out of her wall?

That has gotta be a fargin joke above. Gotta be.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Jeez. Where is that picture of the Palestinian hag holding up a cartridge, claiming she dug it out of her wall?

That has gotta be a fargin joke above. Gotta be.
Worse than a joke, just plain stupid.:gracious:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Also this....

I grew Bloody Butcher corn for a couple years...

I won a blue ribbon at the county fair one year...

Bloody Butcher

120 days — 'Bloody Butcher' is an old dent-type corn has been grown in the United States since at least 1845. Its stalks reach ten to twelve feet tall producing two to six ears of corn per plant.

The kernels are striped red or dark red on pink to red cobs. An occasional white ear may appear. Can be used for roasting or frying when young but generally used for flour or corn meal. Good flavored. Each packet contains one ounce, which is approximately 100 seeds.

D540861B-3F75-4D46-B6FA-6EAB96E38AA0.jpeg

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
1569931851693.png

Can you see the one not like the others?

Zen-like state?
No longer believes the party line?

If China has AI that can scan pics - this guy might end up in trouble for this...

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well, they're obviously not sheep..., they ain't lemmings, they don't appear to be democrats...or at leat not politicians (no money...) at least one appears to be alert if not "awake"...

They are Suricata Meerkats (no Disney affiliation)

Meerkats.jpg

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Well, they're obviously not sheep..., they ain't lemmings, they don't appear to be democrats...or at leat not politicians (no money...) at least one appears to be alert if not "awake"...

They are Suricata Meerkats (no Disney affiliation)

View attachment 142623
The 1 looking back is NOT the lemming. The others are watching the msm...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Been working in the deep woods on a lake in copperhead country. At the entrance to the place I'm working there's a fallen tree that someone carved a giant copperhead into. The carved snake is probably 12-14' long.

IMG_0429.jpg

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I also have an auto-aerating yard these days, seems like the raccoons come through 3 or 4 nights a week to feast on the grubs in my pesticide-free yard. That pesticide-free label might change very soon.

1570301528799.png
1570301577466.png

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
A part of my yard looks just like that. Wasn't sure what was doing it but saw a squirrel digging round. Come to think of it, skunks and possum are regular visitors around here and they love grubs.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
A part of my yard looks just like that. Wasn't sure what was doing it but saw a squirrel digging round. Come to think of it, skunks and possum are regular visitors around here and they love grubs.
Mine does too but it's the armadillos in this case.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I have never seen an armadillo but their eggs are delicious. :D
I've had a fascination with them ever since moving to Arkansas. I Came Upon one during the day on the side of a hiking trail and I walked right up to him and he was totally clueless that I was there. They have very poor vision/awareness of surroundings and often end up as Roadkill. I think they're just neat to watch move around in that armor.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I've had a fascination with them ever since moving to Arkansas. I Came Upon one during the day on the side of a hiking trail and I walked right up to him and he was totally clueless that I was there. They have very poor vision/awareness of surroundings and often end up as Roadkill. I think they're just neat to watch move around in that armor.
I love critters. Even the skunks. One night I was heading to the garage to get my telescope mount and I heard something in the garden in front of me. I assumed it was a raccoon and proceeded to scare it away clapping at it. I took out my camera to shine a light at it to see what it was and realized right away that it was a skunk. It was cute and in no way looked like it was threatening to spray. It was just looking at me with sad eyes that said "why do I have to leave?". Since it was my first encounter I quickly went the other way. Since then, they just do their own thing and I do mine. They often seem to be curious about what I am up to when I'm out at night.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I love critters. Even the skunks. One night I was heading to the garage to get my telescope mount and I heard something in the garden in front of me. I assumed it was a raccoon and proceeded to scare it away clapping at it. I took out my camera to shine a light at it to see what it was and realized right away that it was a skunk. It was cute and in no way looked like it was threatening to spray. It was just looking at me with sad eyes that said "why do I have to leave?". Since it was my first encounter I quickly went the other way. Since then, they just do their own thing and I do mine. They often seem to be curious about what I am up to when I'm out at night.
I had a similar event when I was out in the backyard in the dark looking at the stars heard something and when I shine my light on it realized it was a skunk. He ended up walking within two feet of me and didn't even know I was there. He kept scrounging around and was soon out of sight.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
It's great to hear all the stories of what digs up everyone's lawns. I put the camera up and maybe can catch them in the act one night. I'm pretty sure it's raccoons, but could be skunks or possums.
My mom has javelina in her yard, and they can chew up a lot of cactus in one night.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Mounds copy.jpg

There are these mounds west of Hanover Colorado. Not sure why they formed. Everything around them is flat land. Unusual formations. Glacial deposits? You'd think there would be more of them....

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
View attachment 142905

There are these mounds west of Hanover Colorado. Not sure why they formed. Everything around them is flat land. Unusual formations. Glacial deposits? You'd think there would be more of them....
If there is a red clay rock around them it would be where a coal seam burned. We have similar geology to the north. The ancient coal fires fired the bentonite clay and the red tone is caused by oxidized iron within the clay. The rock is called scorio. Many of the fires continued to burn until Roosevelt’s CCW (?) put them out in the 30’s

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I am relieved to hear you say that. (*whew!*) Otherwise, you would have had a pack of mutant racketycoons out back.

"...their favorite foods include nuts, berries, insects, and eggs. When they set up their denning sites near bodies of water, raccoons habitually catch fish, shellfish, reptiles, and amphibians. There have been rumors of mutant raccoons that escaped from the Krile Research Laboratory in southern Minnesota that look, behave, and breed exactly like armadillos." ***

***https://www.crittercontrol.com/services/raccoons/raccoon-diet

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I caught this hammerhead shark, off the coast of San Diego, back in the mid 1980's. It was 22 inches eyeball to eyeball & about 9 ft long. We cut off it's head, gutted & removed about a foot of gill plates. We then tied it's tail to a cleat & drug'em backwards for an hour to leach out the uric acid. This shark was as good to eat as sword fish steak.

HAMMARHEAD SHARK.jpg

Her it is with 2 large tuna, 70 lbs & 138 lbs. The gaff to the right is 6 ft long & bent back from gaffing the shark. The Pepsi can is where the gill plates were.
tuna 001 - Copy.png

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
"Taezzar" watching over Canada Honkers & babies while they eat.
TAEZZAR & BIRDS  11 MAY 2007 018 (Large).jpg

TAEZZAR & BIRDS  11 MAY 2007 009 (Small).jpg

Last edited: