• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The new Random Pictures Thread:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Beeutiful!

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Sunset last night at the Chateau:

1618220735175.png

Two hours before, there was a sheeting rain-storm.

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And speaking of Redbuds and signs of spring. Vinca Flowers blooming,..... Cherry blossoms,.... Tulips and daffodils,...... A Curved Billed Thrasher. This birds is in the same family as Mockingbirds. This one sings just like a Mockingbird every morning,..... Several cactus in my desert garden putting out buds. They should bloom within the next week or two. One of many rock art my wife does. She's a talented gal.

IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG
IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0932.JPG
IMG_0940.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Nod of respect to Tom. It is not easy to get a good photo of a silver coin.
Too good. I purchased a few coins based on his photos, was very depressed when I got the coins.
They looked like shit next to Tom's photos.

chrisflhtc

Seeker
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
TSA I thought you were leaving?
Just funnin with ya.
Nice car I'm guessing not the original tranny?

Reaction score
TSA I thought you were leaving?
Just funnin with ya.
Nice car I'm guessing not the original tranny?

I didn't know that's how we play here. I realized the error of my ways and would like to participate in this board's discussions if you all will have me. I completely over reacted.

The tranny (ha) is a Tremec 5 speed with the .64 overdrive. Stock shifter handle modified to fit.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't know that's how we play here. I realized the error of my ways and would like to participate in this board's discussions if you all will have me. I completely over reacted.

The tranny (ha) is a Tremec 5 speed with the .64 overdrive. Stock shifter handle modified to fit.
"Some" of us play that way. Got to have a thicker skin around here when someone slaps you on the back and says "Hey! Buy me a beer!" They're 'feeling you out. Testing your mettle so to speak....?

Reaction score
"Some" of us play that way. Got to have a thicker skin around here when someone slaps you on the back and says "Hey! Buy me a beer!" They're 'feeling you out. Testing your mettle so to speak....?

I worked as a self employed floor broker for 30 years at the CME in Chicongo. My skin is like a Rhino's. It had to be. Now that I know the parameters or boundary lines, I'm good. Just a misunderstanding is all. This is a club and I'm not in it. I get that. Give me time. No patience necessary though.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I worked as a self employed floor broker for 30 years at the CME in Chicongo.
Great! Someone with experience investing!

I'm was 'from' Chiongo 45 years ago. It's a great place to be 'from'. Got a Liberal brother who still lives there. Can't talk any sense to him at all. Spouts media sound bytes as if they were fact.... Won't talk to me now... Oy vey...

Reaction score
Great! Someone with experience investing!

I'm was 'from' Chiongo 45 years ago. It's a great place to be 'from'. Got a Liberal brother who still lives there. Can't talk any sense to him at all. Spouts media sound bytes as if they were fact.... Won't talk to me now... Oy vey...

I'm very experienced in losing money! jk, I did well enough. What a great job! 0-100mph every other hour. Then? Drinks!

I think this is a 57 Chrysler Imperial. 2010 MCACN Show in Rosemont Illannoy.

IMG_5561.JPG

The Congo is a place I don't even visit anymore.

AUnut

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
I'm very experienced in losing money! jk, I did well enough. What a great job! 0-100mph every other hour. Then? Drinks!

I think this is a 57 Chrysler Imperial. 2010 MCACN Show in Rosemont Illannoy.

View attachment 207477
The Congo is a place I don't even visit anymore.
Buddy, just like this board, as with the city. You'll be back!
LOL!

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Been trying out a new lens today that I recently acquired. A Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6l IS II USM lens.

These are 100% crops, hand-held at 400mm. Was it worth the price? I don't know but I am digging the image stabilization.

Immature bald eagle in tough lighting
Eagle-2021-04-18-Img_0818C2.jpg

The moon
Moon-2021-04-18-Img_0820C2.jpg

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Worth the cost. As you know, a tripod will clean up the fuzz.
Even with image stabilization there's always 'something'.
Hand held is pretty good for a lens that long.

What distance do you suppose?

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
What distance do you suppose?

Hard to say. If I had to guess at least 200 feet. It was far enough away that my other lens it probably would not have been a usable pic. Normally I don't post 100% crops.

I may add a new tripod and gimbal head to my equipment in the near future, it is on my list.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Been trying out a new lens today that I recently acquired. A Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6l IS II USM lens.

These are 100% crops, hand-held at 400mm. Was it worth the price? I don't know but I am digging the image stabilization.

Immature bald eagle in tough lighting
It's past hard as hell to come up with what I consider tack sharp images hand held at moving objects with a tall lenses. Even with the IS, you need to get the shutter speed up into the 1/several thousandths of a second and, even then, the hit rate is small.

Is your camera crop sensor or full frame?

My tallest lens is a variable that tops out at 300mm, I rarely shoot that other than on a tripod. My tripod has a pistol grip https://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-322RC2-Joystick-Head-Short/dp/B000JLK5PK , makes it WAY faster to move.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I may add a new tripod and gimbal head to my equipment in the near future, it is on my list.
I think that lens also allows a tele extender that will push it out to 800. They also have a 1.4x, but go for the gusto!

You'll lose an f stop (I think) using them.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It's past hard as hell to come up with what I consider tack sharp images hand held at moving objects with a tall lenses. Even with the IS, you need to get the shutter speed up into the 1/several thousandths of a second and, even then, the hit rate is small.

Is your camera crop sensor or full frame?

My tallest lens is a variable that tops out at 300mm, I rarely shoot that other than on a tripod. My tripod has a pistol grip https://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-322RC2-Joystick-Head-Short/dp/B000JLK5PK , makes it WAY faster to move.
Tough audience. I thought my pics came out quite sharp for being 100% crop which I almost never do.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Tough audience. I thought my pics came out quite sharp for being 100% crop which I almost never do.
sharing photog tips is how we all learn!

pimples

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
April 19th 1775
The shot heard around the world. The brittish went to the towns to collect weapons following tips from loyalists and found the patriots having none of it. When the patriots saw the brittish were burning their town, they ran them all the way back to Boston. Long live the revolution
....George leading the way

Attachments

• 20210419_094745.jpg
    20210419_094745.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 13

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Taken at the neighbor of a client today.
20210419_154626.jpg

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
There was a bit of snow this morning. How often do you see see a Redbud in bloom with snow?
20210421_080002.jpg

20210421_080121.jpg

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I got tired of staring at this empty wall at the end of our hallway. So the kid and I picked something out.
Eventually I'll paint that white baseboard -- puppy chewed some paint off it anyways -- to match the bridge.
xKnauHp.png

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
April 19th 1775
The shot heard around the world. The brittish went to the towns to collect weapons following tips from loyalists and found the patriots having none of it. When the patriots saw the brittish were burning their town, they ran them all the way back to Boston. Long live the revolution
....George leading the way

Good post.
Thanks ! , Regards, Pimples.

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got tired of staring at this empty wall at the end of our hallway. So the kid and I picked something out.
Eventually I'll paint that white baseboard -- puppy chewed some paint off it anyways -- to match the bridge.
xKnauHp.png
Change the floor to match the horizontal boards on the bridge then get pieces of rope coming out of the wall, hook it to the wall and also on the half wall...then have some dems over, give them some shroom brownies and tell them the bathroom is up the stairs, turn right, over the suspension bridge, 1 at a time and DON'T JUMP ON THE BRIDGE...its a long way down.

Put a small speaker with bird sounds and distant running water...take videos with hidden cameras...keep it dim ...bwahahaha

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Change the floor to match the horizontal boards on the bridge then get pieces of rope coming out of the wall, hook it to the wall and also on the half wall...then have some dems over, give them some shroom brownies and tell them the bathroom is up the stairs, turn right, over the suspension bridge, 1 at a time and DON'T JUMP ON THE BRIDGE...its a long way down.

Put a small speaker with bird sounds and distant running water...take videos with hidden cameras...keep it dim ...bwahahaha
That would be awesome!

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score