• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
That is great that you found what works for you. Sounds like you are insulin sensitive and don't have any metabolic issues. Just cutting back on some sugars and eating better doesn't work for everyone. The problem stems from hyperinsulinemia - some folks have such a high baseline insulin level that they can eat no carbs and their insulin is still too high and won't allow fat to be burned from the body. The only way for those folks to lose fat is to totally shut down insulin production and the best way to do that is fasting. But it seems that as a person loses the weight with fasting, their body heals from the constant high insulin levels their baseline insulin goes down. Once they get to a healthy body weight they should be able to eat more of a whole foods type diet without gaining the weight back.

I know more than a few type 2 diabetics that are off all their medications and are basically healed from eating keto and fasting.
That must be my problem. I've knocked my blood sugar levels down under two hundred and my blood pressure down about 20% with keto and intermittent fasting (16-18 hour fast, two keto meals in six to eight hour window). I also am off all injectible insulin, but am still relying on metformin and a couple other meds for bs/bp. I just can't seem to get my bs down lower, though. I'm going to have to try more long term fasts to see if I can't bring it all together, lose more weight and get off all the meds entirely.

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Hey Gloin - check this out. Nice short video with Dr. Fung talking about hyperinsulinemia and T2D.

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
This is a good interview as well...

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Thanks, BD. I'll watch them both.

HardTruth

Silver Miner
Seeker
9 months out of the year , I keep my carb intake very low , then the last 3 months of the year, I periodically reward myself by having things I did not eat earlier in the year. { walmart glazed donuts being at the top of the list } I also do this because of the holiday seasons at the end of the year and I want to enjoy some deserts,. pies ,etc....but 1 thing I never do, is drink soda pop . I do love cows milk, but only drink that at the end of the year. FWIW..there is a brand of whole milk called FAIRLIFE, and it only has 6 grams of sugar per cup , which is much less then normal milk . That's what I drink when I want a treat at the end of the year, with my glazed donuts.

On jan 1st ., I then go strict again...stick to 20 carbs or less per day for several months, I control my weight by using this simple plan....My weight will
fluctuate from about a low of 215 to a high of 250 in that 12 month period. I am about 6ft 6" tall, so that is a decent weight for me. Some people may not be able to accept a 35 lb weight swing in the course of 12 months, but this system works for me . It ensures I do not become obese, while still allowing me to enjoy treats during the holidays and I never have to count calories. For me, sugar/carb control is the key.