• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The re-loaders bench...

Here's a tip or 2 for ya. If you decide to reload handgun cartridges, make sure you get carbide dies. These eliminate the need for lube. RCBS dies have a life time warranty so hard to beat.

Montana gold bullet company has great bullets and they're similar in performance to the Hornady XTP. If you buy in bulk you can save a lot of dough. Also, starline brass is a great source for cheap high quality brass for rifle and pistol. Always buy directly from these guys. Online retailers carry these products but have a significant markup.

Also, check out a Lee factory crimp die. They do a pretty good job and it's cheap insurance for heavily recoiling handguns. Nice score btw.

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
You should have at least TWO different reloading spec books (four is better) because you won't get enough info from only one reloading book because they don't cover every powder matched to the weight of every bullet possible. This holds true for pistol and rifle caliber. Plus plastic boxes to hold your newly loaded rounds in

I concur with writing down your loads - AND the ballistic result from that specific load - keep it as your shooters bible as it were

Winchester 231 Ball - BEST, most even burning pistol powder and I've used it for at least 20+ years

45 ACP and 40 S&W

I concur with Montana Gold Bullets - also been using them for 20+ years

Numerous empty reloading blocks to put empty brass in - pretty much on size for most pistol and a different set for rifle - I think I have ten for each - that way I don't have to stop a given process until I get a certain amount done

Used to shoot 500 rounds a week - also reloaded the same 500 rounds every week... - 2000 rounds a month for more than three years and realized no matter how much I shot, I will NEVER be able to shoot as well as those who spend every waking minute living, eating, breathing competitive shooting.

And I started having problems with my right wrist. My doctor said I should stop doing what ever was causing the pain.

So I switched from 45 to 40 and stopped shooting 2000 rounds a month. I haven't looked back.

I can still pick up any pistol and hit what I'm aiming at, but I have no need to compete with anyone. Not anymore.

Age also plays a part in it. As you get older, your priorities change.

And for inflammation pain, try arnicated oil

Last edited: