• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The REAL Reason McDonalds Ice Cream Machines Are Always Broken

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Cliff notes: nefarious greed.​

The REAL Reason McDonalds Ice Cream Machines Are Always Broken​

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
DQ works just fine, so medium vanilla cone dipped in chocolate please...

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Still waiting on the Cliff's Notes: I keep checking in here to see why they're always broken- not that I would notice or even care- but still nuffin.

One thing I will not do is sit and watch some random, 30 minute video of dubious content for something that could likely be explained with a few keystrokes. I'd rather stand in a cold shower ripping up $20 bills...

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mcd's requires franchisees to purchase a particular machine, but that machine is finicky and breaks down often, thereby forcing the franchisee to pay high rates for maintenance and repair.
Supposedly, the company that makes 'em earns at least 25% of their revenue from service and repair.

Seems to me that they could make more $ by producing a well made machine and simply charging 30% more for it, rather than intentionally making an inferior machine for less just so they can profit on the service and repair of them.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Sounds like I need to keep going to the local place that's been around for 50 years. Sorry franchises.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Still waiting on the Cliff's Notes: I keep checking in here to see why they're always broken- not that I would notice or even care- but still nuffin.

One thing I will not do is sit and watch some random, 30 minute video of dubious content for something that could likely be explained with a few keystrokes. I'd rather stand in a cold shower ripping up $20 bills.
intentionally didn't spell out the details so that people who wanted to watch the video and learn for themselves could do so without having it spoiled.
dubious content?

"Nefarious greed" Clear enough?

"I'd rather stand in a cold shower ripping up $20 bills."
...what a drama queen.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
intentionally didn't spell out the details so that people who wanted to watch the video and learn for themselves could do so without having it spoiled.
dubious content?

"Nefarious greed" Clear enough?

"I'd rather stand in a cold shower ripping up $20 bills."
...what a drama queen.
You know how I know it was a 30 minute video? Because I gave you the benefit of the doubt and clicked on your link. Should have known better. 30 seconds in it was apparent that it was just the standard fare- bandwidth hogging, prattling on about nothing. I don't know but suspect the guy was going to drop the big 'scoop' in the last minute or so but I wasn't going to stick around for it. No offense but I've got better things to do.

Drama queen? Nah. I suppose I could be though, and produce a video for dramatic affect if that would help you. But I'm sure we've all got better things to do.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
You know how I know it was a 30 minute video? Because I gave you the benefit of the doubt and clicked on your link. Should have known better. 30 seconds in it was apparent that it was just the standard fare- bandwidth hogging, prattling on about nothing. I don't know but suspect the guy was going to drop the big 'scoop' in the last minute or so but I wasn't going to stick around for it. No offense but I've got better things to do.

Drama queen? Nah. I suppose I could be though, and produce a video for dramatic affect if that would help you. But I'm sure we've all got better things to do.
I understand. Its very subjective though. I learned a lot during the so called bandwidth hogging filler.

So McDonald's has a contract with their franchisees that they must use a very particular model ice cream machine which is made by Taylor. The Taylor ice cream machine will constantly say that the cleaning failed. It leaves no other option but to start the 4-Hour process over again. And again it will say that it failed. The franchisee ends up calling "the guy".
25% of Taylor's revenue comes from...u guessed it, repairs.

After this mcdonalds ice cream machine debacle became a nationwide meme, another independent company designed an add on to the ice cream machine interface which allowed users access to previously unaccessible parameters thus saving the franchisee time and money. Then Mcd's sent out letters telling the franchisee that these add-ons were dangerous and a safety concern.
Soon after they came up with their own "ad-on" with of course limitations the independent one didnt have .
The parent company of this new feature also owns.......Taylor.

Last edited: