• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

THE RETAIL DEATH RATTLE

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
What if they converted all those old delapidated old malls to low-rent apartment complexes with stores and a police substation? They could also cover the roof with solar panels and generate power.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Retail is one screwed up sector.

My daughter has a summer job at Abercrombie & Fitch. The are expected to know the YoY sales numbers for the day. Interesting enough the sales goal is almost always lower than the previous year's sales figures. When they exceed the sales, even by a large amount management's attitude is -- Oh! OK. Definitely a head scratcher of a business strategy.

No wonder why these retail chains are going out of business left and right.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
management's attitude is -- Oh! OK. Definitely a head scratcher of a business strategy.
Do you think that is because snowflakes "just don't get it"? Are they that clueless or is their expectations so low they don't realize pay is tied to sales or productivity?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
No More Toys R Us Kids? | Dead Mall & Retail Documentary | Retail Archaeology
Retail Archaeology

Published on Sep 7, 2017
Toys R Us was one of my favorite childhood stores. This is a video tour of Toys R Us on a Saturday afternoon. I hate to see them struggle because they're stores are really nice as this video tour shows.

Right after I finished making this video CNBC published this article:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/06/toys-...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Kmart: the Death of a Retail Giant
Business Casual

Published on Sep 8, 2017

Kmart is an American retail department store chain in the US. The chain purchased Sears for $11 billion in 2005, forming a new company under the name Sears Holdings Corporation.

The Kmart name was incorporated much earlier by Sebastian Kresge, but the first Kmart store didn't open its doors until 1962. Although initially innovative, Kmart quickly went into decline after Kresge's death. Today, the Kmart company is once again near the verge of bankruptcy, closing more and more retail stores alongside its companion, Sears. Currently, Kmart has only 624 stores remaining, with more to be closed soon.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I feel personally responsible for Kresge's demise back in the day due to stolen merchandise losses, especially in the toy department.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
A last look at Sears - Route 22, Watchung NJ (built in 1965)
VWestlife

Published on Sep 16, 2017
A quick exterior and interior tour of the landmark Sears store on Route 22 in Watchung, NJ, that was built in 1965 and is closing tomorrow (September 17th, 2017).

GoFundMe campaign to help save the store's mural: https://www.gofundme.com/removal-and-...