• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The - SHOW & TELL THREAD - Bullion, Coins, Collections etc.

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Anyone know anything about these Banco Minero silver bars?
I dont think there are any more than the 3 types???
My google searching turns up pages and pages of no usefull info :D
banco bars.jpg

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Nope but me like!

Usc96

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
got these today, advertised as light abrasions but they look pretty good

$20 over spot when gold was $1260

Wow! At first I was thinking those were silver, with some yellowish lighting making them look gold. Then I realized those are gold. Can't say I have ever laid out enough cash for 10 ounces of gold at once. I bet most people here don't have 10 ounces of gold all together. :cool1:

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Very nice
Im working my way up to buying 5 in a shot (not) :rolleyes:
Ill be trying to get into that 1 ounce piece this year.

2 ounce rounds :bowdown:
Does that really say Fed Kangaroo on the back :D

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Not much here, but this is my new carry piece (MS 64 Morgan - 1885 'O') being liberated from its PCGS prison
I don't know why people do such things. You could have gotten over 3x in silver in that condition and now you're going to let a quality survivor get all beat up with the knife and loose change in your pocket? At least put it in a flip for historic considerations.

Shortstack

Bain of the Authoritarian Follower
Gold Chaser
Naa, the Naugahyde bag protects the two Oz of gold and the Morgan is loose. Nothing else goes in that pocket, the other (strong side) pocket is for the 9mm.

Nothing like holding a little piece of history in your hand. I gave my previous carry piece away (same coin, but an MS63, away over Christmas. It looked no different than it did when i busted it out of the PCGS holder 1.5 years ago.

Attachments

Shortstack

Gold Chaser
Picked this up about four months ago for a tad over 4k. It looks kinda cool in this mornings snow

Attachments

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
That's the fourth pic of one of them bars with the same serial number.:deal:

Kidding of course. Nice bar and the snow looks funny.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Found out from another LCS that while my Palladium Ballerina is 'interesting', he's not willing to give more than spot for it.

But he is 'highly' interested in it.

Perhaps when he finds an 'eager' buyer...

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Found out from another LCS that while my Palladium Ballerina is 'interesting', he's not willing to give more than spot for it.

But he is 'highly' interested in it.

Perhaps when he finds an 'eager' buyer...
I almost paid a pretty high premium on one of those, but instead went with the much cheaper 1 oz bar. I knew when selling that very few coins shops would give me the premium back. Very nice coins though :cool3:

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I splurged on this not too long ago, just really wanted a thaler type coin. This is a Kronenthaler. Paid $198 for it.
A bit of a premium over the spot silver price but, Very Nice shape and looks like the only one in a AU 53

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
A bit of a premium over the spot silver price but, Very Nice shape and looks like the only one in a AU 53
Yup, I don't think PCGS has any from this year/mint graded at all. The coin looks better than it appears in the scans, lots of luster. Honestly I think it was a bargain. Looks like a low demand, low supply market for these.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I bought my 1st Pre-1933 gold purchase earlier today from a LCS. It was a 1914-D Indian Head gold coin. I paid $145.00 for it but it is an ex-Jewelry piece (i.e. damaged) and it was cleaned. Since there is a history of these being faked, I took it to other LCS's to verify that it was gold. The 1st two LCS's that I took it too verified the gold content (by using an "x-ray" gun) and since I ventured into a different territory from what I usually collect, I had another LCS take a closer look at the detail of the coin and told me that it was real based on what he saw in his magnifier. Actually I did learn a lesson here today and that is buying the books to learn about the numi coins before actually diving in and buying the coin. Here is what it looks like:

Attachments

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I bought my 1st Pre-1933 gold purchase earlier today from a LCS. It was a 1914-D Indian Head gold coin. I paid $145.00 for it but it is an ex-Jewelry piece (i.e. damaged) and it was cleaned. Since there is a history of these being faked, I took it to other LCS's to verify that it was gold. The 1st two LCS's that I took it too verified the gold content (by using an "x-ray" gun) and since I ventured into a different territory from what I usually collect, I had another LCS take a closer look at the detail of the coin and told me that it was real based on what he saw in his magnifier. Actually I did learn a lesson here today and that is buying the books to learn about the numi coins before actually diving in and buying the coin. Here is what it looks like:
SilverArt going to the dark side :tounge_smile:
Good price at $145, now that your an Expert in gold :bear_rolleyes:
you could probably flip that on the bay for a nice profit and go back and get another (rinse and repeat)

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
SilverArt going to the dark side :tounge_smile:
Good price at $145, now that your an Expert in gold :bear_rolleyes:
you could probably flip that on the bay for a nice profit and go back and get another (rinse and repeat)
I hope that the darkside does not consume me because if I buy too much gold, then it will "tarnish" my reputation as a '70's silver art bar collector. :)

Since, this my 1st pre-1933 gold coin purchase, I plan to keep this one. The LCS did have another 1914 2 1/2 dollar Indian Head (and a 2 1/2 Liberty Head for $145) but I was getting low on FRN's and by the time I get my next paycheck, they will probably be gone especially at that price.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Naa, the Naugahyde bag protects the two Oz of gold and the Morgan is loose. Nothing else goes in that pocket, the other (strong side) pocket is for the 9mm.

Nothing like holding a little piece of history in your hand. I gave my previous carry piece away (same coin, but an MS63, away over Christmas. It looked no different than it did when i busted it out of the PCGS holder 1.5 years ago.
Ah. A little SEECAMP .32 cal. with Mag safe ammo... mine's 16XXX serial number - it did work well with different ammo. Nice weapon...

I still like my .40 SW Glock 27 for the bicycle however - as a back-up I like the .38 +P S & W Air Lite Mod. 342 (it's really light and kicks like a MULE when you let one off not to mention all five - and that's not gas).

You made me do an inventory THANKS.

Hang in there SHORTSTACK - thanks for the post. Keep the faith. Watch your Ps & Qs - come October 2015.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
I hope that the darkside does not consume me because if I buy too much gold, then it will "tarnish" my reputation as a '70's silver art bar collector. :)

Since, this my 1st pre-1933 gold coin purchase, I plan to keep this one. The LCS did have another 1914 2 1/2 dollar Indian Head (and a 2 1/2 Liberty Head for $145) but I was getting low on FRN's and by the time I get my next paycheck, they will probably be gone especially at that price.
Buy LOTS it's really on sale I figure about 75% off minimum. Maybe up to 90% - who knows until the FAT LADY SINGING falls over POOPED from her printed wad.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Buy LOTS it's really on sale I figure about 75% off minimum. Maybe up to 90% - who knows until the FAT LADY SINGING falls over POOPED from her printed wad.
I'll admit that there are certain pre-1933 fractional gold pieces that I like but they are in much better condition and fetch a much higher price than what I paid for mine. In terms of collecting gold, I like collecting the fractional gold Chinese panda coins (sealed or graded). With that said, I will continue to concentrate on buying more '70's silver art bars since that is my main love and will also continue to buy ATB pucks to fill more holes in my collection if I can get a good deal on the prices for them. If I have another opportunity to buy old pre-1933 gold for what I bought that 1914-D Indian Head for, then I will pull the trigger again but in the meantime, I did buy a couple of books to try to educate myself on values and what to look for on certain pre-33 gold.

Last edited:

Shortstack

Gold Chaser
Ah. A little SEECAMP .32 cal. with Mag safe ammo... mine's 16XXX serial number - it did work well with different ammo. Nice weapon...

I still like my .40 SW Glock 27 for the bicycle however - as a back-up I like the .38 +P S & W Air Lite Mod. 342 (it's really light and kicks like a MULE when you let one off not to mention all five - and that's not gas).

You made me do an inventory THANKS.

Hang in there SHORTSTACK - thanks for the post. Keep the faith. Watch your Ps & Qs - come October 2015.
HS, your Seecamp is an awesome hand crafted pistol. I have the Rohrbaugh R9, which is a 9mm – fantastic for front pocket carry. Can’t imagine how easy your Seecamp would be to carry.

First Platinum purchase at $910 spot, premiums were a killer. A***X stepped it up a notch with new packaging for decent sized orders like this.

Attachments

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Do they come in tubes of 10 like the Gold Maples? They didn't ship one tube in that huge plastic tub surely? That's would be crazy.

Shortstack

Gold Chaser
Do they come in tubes of 10 like the Gold Maples? They didn't ship one tube in that huge plastic tub surely? That's would be crazy.
No, these come in mint tubes of 10 coins each. Ordered on different days so they came in two boxes. You can see the two empty tubes in this pic

Same tube as the Gold Maples but a different cap. A stack of ten PT Maples is the same height as 9 Gold Maples, so the PT coins have room at the top to rattle around. But since PT is much harder than Gold, not too worried about scratches. They do reflect a ton of light, not sure if the ridges help, can't wait to see what the 2015 Gold Maples look like in the light. Will have to do a stack comparison when my Gold Maples come in.

Attachments

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Thanks for the info, working on a tube of Platinum Maples just now. Have three so far, I like the look of them a lot. I see JMB have more in stock.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Thanks for the pictures shortstack [thanks awol]. This is as close as I will ever get to that much platinum.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I meant to post this before now but, as I was searching for '70's silver art bars (did not find any) at a LCS on Tuesday, I came across an interesting Engelhard Prospector round. It is a 1/4-oz Engelhard Prospector silver round. This is the first time that I have seen an Engelhard Prospector that was smaller than an 1-oz of silver but it was interesting to me and I decided to buy it. I paid a large premium for it but I do not mind since it is more of a novelty silver item than anything else. I paid $7.50 for it at a LCS. This is the only Engelhard silver round that I have in my collection and, as earlier stated, this is the first fractional Enhelhard silver round that I have seen. I did find some more information on it at this following link:

http://allengelhard.com/definitive-pages/engelhard-rounds/

Here is what mine looks like:

EDIT: Apparently, as I was lurking on Ebay, I saw that most of these sell for between $30 to $40 on ebay.

Attachments

Last edited:

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I strayed off the silver path......Got bit by this little GEM.
5 Gram Engelhard Ranchers Exploration 999.9 Fine Gold
Anyone Know where I can find some Info on this Sweet bar???
I checked over on the englehard site and the AU section is under construction.
I did check the Engelhard gallery for ANY size Engelhard Ranchers Exploration gold bars and the site only has a 2.5 gram.(the plot thickens)

5 gram Engelhard Ranchers Exploration  gold.jpg

Cant seem to find any info so far Google searching the net.
Standard front
Escalante mine 5 gram.jpg

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Hey shortstack how do those plat coins sound? A little different than G & S coins.