• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The silver fraud continues

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I better not. I might be tempted to use it on a banker.

The magic paper silver printing machines over at the crimex are smoking...and still they cannot seem to smash this damn thing convincingly below 25.

1614962444148.png

If not for that pesky barbaric relic defending baby brother silver, they'd have this thing half way to 24 by now! Damn you gold!

Finally! Christ...the bankster scumbags must have it now. You're a plucky little bird fake silber...but you're goin' down! Crimex douchebags will not soon give up their favorite strawman punching bag!

1614962831271.png

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Weird. It's almost like the crooks at the comex were smashing down the price to cover shorts...and then went long or something. That can't be right though, I've been told there is no institutional market rigging over at the crimex...except when I'm told otherwise, but then who listens to the DOJ anyway. I mean, heck those JP morgue banksters, Scotia bank weasels, and Douchebank maggots, were probably just trying to buy necklaces for their wives and couldn't afforded it when they smashed the price of PMs down for decades.

1614969118891.png

1614969139564.png

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
The market is rigged just like the last election! See, if the market was honest the $USD would crash in no time. The whole thing would unravel. That is scary.
Keep in mind the USD is the only currency left to hold, with the exception of the Chinese yuan. Last month an article stated for the first time in history, more Chines bonds were bought by the world players than US bonds. Reminds me of what a financial great said long ago, never bet against the USD....well, he died, as will the dollar.

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind the USD is the only currency left to hold, with the exception of the Chinese yuan. Last month an article stated for the first time in history, more Chines bonds were bought by the world players than US bonds. Reminds me of what a financial great said long ago, never bet against the USD....well, he died, as will the dollar.
I left out another observation- junk silver ( the survivalists preference) is “ on sale” at Apmex, $29.00 per $1 in face. I haven’t seen junk for sale in a while, maybe those weirdo survivalists are finally on to somethin.

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I left out another observation- junk silver ( the survivalists preference) is “ on sale” at Apmex, $29.00 per $1 in face. I haven’t seen junk for sale in a while, maybe those weirdo survivalists are finally on to somethin.
29x face, That's a sale????

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
He did mention it was apmex.

To be fair, most places are just plain sold out of Constitutional silver...junk. Because silver is, ya know, not in demand at all. Definitely not in short supply. ...or so I'm told.

It's actually 23.88x face in standard issue $100 face bags btw.

Not as horrible as most of the bloated pricetags on apmex. Still, if my maths are correct that's roughly 72 ounces of silver, assuming they're not too worn for 2388, which is roughly a 31% premium. So no thanks.

https://www.apmex.com/product/27/90-silver-coins-100-face-value-bag?utm_source=compare silver prices&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=Compare Silver Prices

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. I rather stack triple nine fine for 30 bux or so, particularly sovereign coins. 10% lower premiums and moar silver for the funny munny.

Every stacker should probably have a bit of Constitutional silver, but it only makes sense to stack when the premiums are rock bottom. At least imo.

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. I rather stack triple nine fine for 30 bux or so, particularly sovereign coins. 10% lower premiums and moar silver for the funny munny.

Every stacker should probably have a bit of Constitutional silver, but it only makes sense to stack when the premiums are rock bottom. At least imo.

on / off over the decades, 90% has been purchased for less than spot

i call owning some 90% silver: Diversification

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
on / off over the decades, 90% has been purchased for less than spot

i call owning some 90% silver: Diversification

I call it common sense, or make that common cents.

I'm old enough to remember when you could buy a loaf of bread for a 1964 dime.

You still can.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I call it common sense, or make that common cents.

I'm old enough to remember when you could buy a loaf of bread for a 1964 dime.

You still can.
You're farkin old, huh brah? (only kidding)

Last edited:

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
snicker...:p

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I bought my first silver in 1982, 39 yrs ago. The manipulation was in full action than and still is today, the day of reckoning was always just around the corner...I'm running low on time people...talk about patience.
This gave me a chuckle... Some of us are getting rather long in the tooth waiting

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Banks get investigated by regulators
Banks get fined
Banks continue to manipulate
Rinse/repeat
Regulators won't do shit, that much is crystal clear. The CFTC & the DOJ, they work diligently to defend the cabal. No, there's only one way to shut down this scam. Take physical metal out of the hands of bankers. You must drain them of that which they cannot print, else they'll just keep right on with their counterfeiting "futures market" and ETF scams.

We're closer now than ever before, and the cabal is doing everything they can to push people away from the one thing that can break them. They raise premiums on physical by squeezing supply and they use their paper metals scam to smash down the spot price. This discourages stackers and the pressure comes off. Same playbook they use each and every time. Don't let them. Don't give up, just keep on stacking as it gets cheaper...and they will break. If stackers create a cascade of institutions and/or manufacturers getting worried about supply for future investment/production, then the crimex and LBMA will quickly be drained of physical. Remember, manufacturing demand for silver varies very little year over year. It's roughly half of production at this point. What varies wildly, and what the cartel cannot control is YOU, they cannot adequately predict how much investment demand for silver will occur year over year. Silver is their weak spot, and physical stacking is the way to strike it. Not mining shares, not paper derivatives, but physical metal in your hand.

I've been stacking for nearly 30 years and I've never seen spot and physical prices diverge like this. Why is this happening? ...it's because the banksters are scared. They're intentionally smashing paper metals to break your will. Do not let them. The night is darkest right before the dawn.

1615044131011.png

More silver has now been taken out of the crimex in March than in any month since last September. Further, silver contracts standing for delivery in March of 2021 are up 100% over March of 2020. Gold contracts being delivered in March are also up 85% YoY. Slowly, but surely the crimex is being drained. Many vendors are now offering products for "pre-sale" and shipping in the 2nd week of April, due to tight supply in the retail channel.

1615044027361.png

1615044170682.png

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
A Time To Act

March 05, 2021
Ted Butler
Butler Research

Interest in silver and concerns about its price being artificially suppressed by excessive short selling are now at levels never seen before. While those concerns are well-founded, in my opinion, too often the remedy for what to do about it is less clear.

Since silver and silver futures trading is regulated by the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), it is the statutory first line of defense against market manipulation. Here’s something that will take only a few moments and has always worked in the past in assuring the agency will, at least, address the issue directly.

If you are concerned that the silver price is being artificially influenced by excessive and manipulative short selling, please email or send a copy of the enclosed letter to the CFTC. If you would like, substitute my name with your name, but please send it to the addresses of the Commissioners I’ve included.

For US citizens, please take an extra few minutes to send a copy to your local representative or senator, asking them to request the CFTC address this matter. I can further assure you that the agency will respond to every inquiry from every elected official who contacts it. Interestingly, this is one of the few completely non-partisan issues of the day, so politics shouldn’t determine whether you contact your elected representatives and senators.

Rostin Behnam

Acting Chairman

US Commodity Futures Trading Commission

Three Lafayette Centre

1155 21st Street, NW

Washington, DC 20581

Dear Acting Chairman Behnam;

On Feb 1, you stated that the Commission was closely monitoring recent activity in the silver markets, concluding that the agency remains vigilant in surveilling these markets for fraud and manipulation.

As I am sure you are aware, a large segment of the investing public feels that the main source of an alleged fraud and manipulation of the silver market is the documented large concentrated short position in COMEX silver futures.

The Commission had found this issue to be significant enough to post public letters addressing the matter in May of both 2004 and 2008, but clearly the issue has not gone away and has, in fact, intensified. In terms of real world production, the concentrated short position in COMEX silver futures towers over the concentrated short positions in any other commodity, raising suspicions that it is this short position suppressing the price of silver.

More to the point, the Commission’s own Commitments of Traders report covering positions for the week ended Feb 2, clearly indicate that the 4 largest short sellers in COMEX silver futures added 6672 new short contracts (33.4 million oz), establishing a net short position of 65,262 contracts (326.3 million oz), their highest level in nearly a year, while the largest longs sharply reduced their long positions, further strongly suggesting any manipulation was on the part of the large shorts.

It is hard for a reasonable person to understand how the concentrated short position of only 4 traders can legitimately increase so sharply at a time of widespread evidence of tightness and even unavailability in the wholesale physical silver market. It would have been impossible for silver prices not to have risen much more than they did without this concentrated short selling.

Since it has been nearly 13 years since the Commission has last addressed the issue of the concentrated short position in COMEX silver futures, it would be in the public interest for the Commission to publicly address the matter at this time.

I would urge the Commission to explain how such a large short position by only 4 traders would not suppress the price of silver artificially, or as an alternative, move to order it reduced to levels comparable to other regulated commodities.

Sincerely,

Theodore Butler

www.butlerresearch.com

rbehnam@cftc.gov
chairman@cftc.gov
bquintenz@cftc.gov
dstump@cftc.gov
dberkovitz@cftc.gov

https://silverseek.com/article/time-act

1615046577792.png

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
2.33 times one year's worth of silver production traded recently in ONE SINGLE DAY on the crimex.

If you wish to understand how commodity prices are kept artificially low, you must understand that this is a "market" that sets the price, not by discovering it based upon what someone is willing to pay vs what someone is will to sell a physical commodity...no, the spot "price" is set based upon bets on the future price. The number of paper bets has no limit though, and if one can simply print up unlimited bets on the price, then one can control said price.

1615049257342.png

372751(contracts) * 5000(ounces / contract) = 1,863,755,000 ounces of paper silver. traded. in. one. single. day.

New silver supply is only 797.8m ounces / year. 1.8634b / 797.8m = 2.33x It's absolutely absurd and criminal that price of a physical commodity is permitted to be determined this way.

Why has silver not set a new all time high relative to the dollar in 41 years again? Even when physical demand increases, the banksters simply dump more paper silver "bets" onto the price discovery mechanism(really a price obfuscation mechanism), to prevent the price of physical from rising.

1615049536710.png

...but the banksters are getting scared. They're knocking the paper fraud "price" of silver down, so that they can cut their short positions. Keep the pressure on them, keep taking physical silver out of their hands...and they'll break.

1615049823746.png

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Give him credit for beating a dead horse, Butler dont give up but it does no good.

QUOTE="solarion, post: 2132258, member: 16233"]A Time To Act

March 05, 2021
Ted Butler
Butler Research

Interest in silver and concerns about its price being artificially suppressed by excessive short selling are now at levels never seen before. While those concerns are well-founded, in my opinion, too often the remedy for what to do about it is less clear.

Since silver and silver futures trading is regulated by the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), it is the statutory first line of defense against market manipulation. Here’s something that will take only a few moments and has always worked in the past in assuring the agency will, at least, address the issue directly.

If you are concerned that the silver price is being artificially influenced by excessive and manipulative short selling, please email or send a copy of the enclosed letter to the CFTC. If you would like, substitute my name with your name, but please send it to the addresses of the Commissioners I’ve included.

For US citizens, please take an extra few minutes to send a copy to your local representative or senator, asking them to request the CFTC address this matter. I can further assure you that the agency will respond to every inquiry from every elected official who contacts it. Interestingly, this is one of the few completely non-partisan issues of the day, so politics shouldn’t determine whether you contact your elected representatives and senators.

Rostin Behnam

Acting Chairman

US Commodity Futures Trading Commission

Three Lafayette Centre

1155 21st Street, NW

Washington, DC 20581

Dear Acting Chairman Behnam;

On Feb 1, you stated that the Commission was closely monitoring recent activity in the silver markets, concluding that the agency remains vigilant in surveilling these markets for fraud and manipulation.

As I am sure you are aware, a large segment of the investing public feels that the main source of an alleged fraud and manipulation of the silver market is the documented large concentrated short position in COMEX silver futures.

The Commission had found this issue to be significant enough to post public letters addressing the matter in May of both 2004 and 2008, but clearly the issue has not gone away and has, in fact, intensified. In terms of real world production, the concentrated short position in COMEX silver futures towers over the concentrated short positions in any other commodity, raising suspicions that it is this short position suppressing the price of silver.

More to the point, the Commission’s own Commitments of Traders report covering positions for the week ended Feb 2, clearly indicate that the 4 largest short sellers in COMEX silver futures added 6672 new short contracts (33.4 million oz), establishing a net short position of 65,262 contracts (326.3 million oz), their highest level in nearly a year, while the largest longs sharply reduced their long positions, further strongly suggesting any manipulation was on the part of the large shorts.

It is hard for a reasonable person to understand how the concentrated short position of only 4 traders can legitimately increase so sharply at a time of widespread evidence of tightness and even unavailability in the wholesale physical silver market. It would have been impossible for silver prices not to have risen much more than they did without this concentrated short selling.

Since it has been nearly 13 years since the Commission has last addressed the issue of the concentrated short position in COMEX silver futures, it would be in the public interest for the Commission to publicly address the matter at this time.

I would urge the Commission to explain how such a large short position by only 4 traders would not suppress the price of silver artificially, or as an alternative, move to order it reduced to levels comparable to other regulated commodities.

Sincerely,

Theodore Butler

www.butlerresearch.com

rbehnam@cftc.gov
chairman@cftc.gov
bquintenz@cftc.gov
dstump@cftc.gov
dberkovitz@cftc.gov

https://silverseek.com/article/time-act

View attachment 203724[/QUOTE]

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Banks get investigated by regulators
Banks get fined
Banks continue to manipulate
Rinse/repeat

Yup, the same ol', same ol'. This ends when the dollars loses reserve status.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, Butler is beating a dead horse, same same for the GATA guys. Yet, it's important to keep hammering away at it to keep it in the collective consciousness. As well, articles like the excellent one recently written by Butler, Ronan Manley's work, and the work of Murphy and Powell at GATA inform people new to PM investing of just how long this scam has been ongoing.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Agreed, Butler is beating a dead horse, same same for the GATA guys. Yet, it's important to keep hammering away at it to keep it in the collective consciousness. As well, articles like the excellent one recently written by Butler, Ronan Manley's work, and the work of Murphy and Powell at GATA inform people new to PM investing of just how long this scam has been ongoing.

But try to keep things in perspective rigged or not. A year ago silver was not able to break $20 and now here we are talking about silver not being able to be smashed below $25. The trend is still our friend but the real fireworks will begin when US rates go negative which might not be for a while. Right now the Fed can't even keep long term rates down with all the money creation going on within the bond market. But what goes unspoken is these naked shorted silver contracts can be settled in cash, again with this newly created money. The derivatives time bomb will one day blow up because these greedy bankers feed off of each other.

I remember being able to buy junk and 100 ozt bars at or below spot a couple of years ago. Now those same products are $5 over and not even in stock some of the tiem. I personally would buy not silver right now but that doesn't mean people new to stacking won't. The spread is too high on these dealers sites. Last year they where paying $3.49 over spot for ASE's now $1.69. That's typically what they pay the mint for them. The dealers are playing the game too. It's not their fault they have bills and employee's to play.

It's not hard to guess what the psychology is of the people buying physical silver now. My only wonder is how many people out there are getting savvy to the current broken monetary regime.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

Swiss Franc is better than both FWIW.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
But try to keep things in perspective rigged or not. A year ago silver was not able to break $20 and now here we are talking about silver not being able to be smashed below $25. The trend is still our friend but the real fireworks will begin when US rates go negative which might not be for a while. Right now the Fed can't even keep long term rates down with all the money creation going on within the bond market. But what goes unspoken is these naked shorted silver contracts can be settled in cash, again with this newly created money. The derivatives time bomb will one day blow up because these greedy bankers feed off of each other.

I remember being able to buy junk and 100 ozt bars at or below spot a couple of years ago. Now those same products are $5 over and not even in stock some of the tiem. I personally would buy not silver right now but that doesn't mean people new to stacking won't. The spread is too high on these dealers sites. Last year they where paying $3.49 over spot for ASE's now $1.69. That's typically what they pay the mint for them. The dealers are playing the game too. It's not their fault they have bills and employee's to play.

It's not hard to guess what the psychology is of the people buying physical silver now. My only wonder is how many people out there are getting savvy to the current broken monetary regime.
Real US rates are already negative and have been for some while. Just because the fed lies about price inflation, doesn't change the fact that real inflation rates are much higher than we're told. Not subtracting real inflation from bond yields is a great way to make poor decisions. Yield on the 10y is likely somewhere around -4.43% just now. We don't know exactly because the fed/treasury don't allow free market price discovery mechanisms to function. We just don't talk about it, because neither the fed nor the politburo has admitted what the real inflation picture looks like...largely because it'd cause people to rush from their fiat scam and partly because then they'd have to pay retirees and those on fixed income COLA increases.

It's not just noobs stacking in here. I've been stacking for decades, and I'm stacking as fast now as at any time in the past...and I know a lot of other experienced PM stackers doing likewise. Why? Have we lost our minds? No. ...or perhaps we have and have yet to realize it. Time will tell. However, the assumption that premiums will eventually return to "normal" is founded upon the notion that bullion prices should rightly be set by paper derivatives. Again, the banksters are using this divergence between premiums on physical and their easily manipulated "spot price" to entice people to stop stacking. They're doing so because if people DO NOT stop stacking, they'll eventually break the bullion banks...who can print all the paper derivatives in the world, but cannot print metal. Continued stacking in the face of tight supply and increasing premiums forces the banksters to either cough up metal at their ridiculously low manipulated exchange rates or to default. Either works for me, but what doesn't work for me, is letting the pressure off, when they're finally backed into a corner. Would you sell physical silver for $25 per ounce? No? Why no? How about $27? Want to sell to me for $27? Why not?

Settling in cash at a commodity exchange *IS* a default and if/when it happens to any degree the game will be over.

Trailblazer6

Seeker
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Getting mine out one ounce at a time. Silver Shields latest design screams at me. Just ordered one
1-oz-The-Craziest-Ones-Golden-State-Mint_obverse(1).jpg

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Real US rates are already negative and have been for some while. Just because the fed lies about price inflation, doesn't change the fact that real inflation rates are much higher than we're told
It is illegal to carry two sets of books for the average Joe business man, but SOP for .gov at all levels.
Even Cities and States "carrying Rainy Day Funds" for example.
FEDS do the same shit in every agency / department.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It's not just noobs stacking in here. I've been stacking for decades, and I'm stacking as fast now as at any time in the past...and I know a lot of other experienced PM stackers doing likewise. Why? Have we lost our minds? No. ...or perhaps we have and have yet to realize it. Time will tell. ... Would you sell physical silver for $25 per ounce? No? Why no? How about $27? Want to sell to me for $27? Why not?

Premiums will not return to normal levels until actual values of PMs are recognized by the powerbrokers.
They are still in the "Robbing Peter to Pay Paul "mode ( themselves). JMHO

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I bought my first silver in 1982, 39 yrs ago. The manipulation was in full action than and still is today, the day of reckoning was always just around the corner...I'm running low on time people...talk about patience.
Trust the plan. The future proves the past. Where we go one, we go all.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Premiums will not return to normal levels until actual values of PMs are recognized by the powerbrokers.
Interestingly if PMs were valued appropriately, there'd be no need for premiums.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Where/when the spot price of silver is rigged.

1615069182136.png

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Banks will get bailed out anyway even if they default. I just stack and mind my own business.

Likewise, all I am saying is gold and platinum are more attractive to me right now. I would love to back the truck up on silver but the premiums are too stiff for me.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Platinum is bueno in here...even at the significant premiums(9.19%). Pt remains near historically low valuations and, like silver has both industrial and investment demand. Gold premiums are relatively low(4.15%), but it's still not nearly as attractive from a potential upside perspective. The real deal is silver, which plainly has, by far, the largest upside...due to being suppressed the most.

To me, the premiums are a contrarian indicator of what to stack. Silver's record 20.77% premium is justified because it's what's being squeezed. If that squeeze continues, it's silver that will lead the way up. Just as in 2011 silver will massively outperform gold on a percentage basis.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
To me, the premiums are a contrarian indicator of what to stack. Silver's record 20.77% premium is justified because it's what's being squeezed. If that squeeze continues, it's silver that will lead the way up. Just as in 2011 silver will massively outperform gold on a percentage basis.

Kudos to you and anyone else stacking silver. I know that silver is the biggest f-u to the central bankers and establishment. They don't stack it as a reserve but I do and you do.

My psychology towards buying silver now has changed because I have had to sell some of my stack in the past knowing I would buy it back. Junk silver and fractional gold. I bought the junk silver at minimum premiums but the fractional gold was much stiffer. So now if I were to buy either back now I am getting hammered even more. I get paid in FRN's so when I go to convert them back to real money I must do so at the most cost effective rate.

I must say I always love the silver cheerleading on this Gold Is Money forum. I am and always have been and on board. My first purchase of PM's consisted of 2010 and 2011 ASE's and I still have everyone of them and never intend to sell them. There is a story behind them, my story. And my 2010's have a patina on them as if they have been powdered coated. No fakes, my LCS at the time explained to me that's what silver does. They are most most precious of all.

You got me thinkin' about my asking my LCS about silver. Online dealers are just charging too much. And for that, I thank you.