• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The vaccines have started :)

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Over 40% of Americans are magnesium deficient. A combination of magnesium oxide, citrate, and aspartate is what I take for immediate and longer term release. Studies that show D3 supplementation is not effective in raisiing D3 levels do not take magnesium status and deficiency into account. You need both.

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
Reaction score
Israel ain't happy:

The Israel factor in growing Delta Covid fears​

The big fall in US and European shares and the rush to bonds was caused by a much deeper fear than simply a rise in the infections of the unvaccinated.

It’s possible that the vaccinated may still be vulnerable and this fear drove markets down because such a development has major implications for growth in 2022.

Most of the initial danger reports are coming out of Israel but the call by Pfizer for booster shots seemed to confirm the Israeli trend.

I must confess in my commentaries I had not picked up the significance of the Israeli experience and I am grateful to readers who pointed it out in their comments. The business of commentating on the virus, let alone running nations, carries no certainties and that was part of the market fall.

The previous market assumption was that nations with high vaccination rates would be able to return to a “normal” a set of regulations and enjoy much higher economic activity.

Israel is a small country with high Pfizer vaccination rates and, accordingly, had strong economic expectations. Several months ago Israeli health officials said the vaccine had 99 per cent efficacy in preventing symptoms of Covid-19 and 91.2 per cent effective rate in preventing infection from the Delta variant. These were wonderful figures.

Then earlier this month the Israeli ministry said the vaccine was 64 per cent effective in preventing infection and 93 per cent effective in preventing serious illness. The ministry did not detail its analysis and there was considerable doubt about whether which estimate was correct. Markets looked to a return to the higher figures.

Then on Monday, Australian time, figures presented to the Israeli coronavirus task force indicated that both disappointing numbers were actually too high.

The Gertner Institute at Tel Aviv University, which studies epidemiology and health policy, began analysing the ministry’s data soon after its release. Although the researchers haven’t yet finished their final analysis, they say there is real cause for concern because the figures they are seeing are even lower.

Markets picked up on this preliminary information and trashed the share market, although in late trading there was a recovery. Whether this latest fall is merely a normal correction or something more fundamental will partly depend on the details of the Israeli research and how well it is matched with data from the US and Europe.

The bond market is not waiting around for the results and was particularly concerned at the call by Pfizer for booster shots, perhaps indicating their research was matching the Israelis.

The 10-year US bond yield hovered near 1.3 per cent on Friday—still well below the “benchmark” yield of 1.5 per cent

On Monday, buying gathered momentum with the 10-year benchmark yield falling to its lowest level in five months closing below 1.2 per cent. Bondholders were jubilant as their stock rose in value but bond rates at that level indicate a clear fear of a significant US economic slowdown

Accordingly some bond analysts are lowering real GDP estimates again, which is not only driving bond yields lower but hitting economically sensitive stocks led by financials

Covid cases have rebounded in the US this month with the Delta variant spreading among the unvaccinated. The US is averaging nearly 30,000 new cases a day in the last week, up from a seven-day average of around 11,000 cases a day a month go

In Europe the surge in Covid-19 cases continues to weigh on the economies, with several major European countries forced to reimplement social restrictions. Add to that the devastation caused by massive flooding around Germany and Belgium.

As usually always happens in times of fear and uncertainty the so called currency “safe-havens”---- US dollar, yen, and Swiss franc---- rose on as coronavirus variant fears threaten the outlook for a global economic recovery.

The greenback climbed to a more than three-month peak against a basket of major currencies, but came off its highs as the yen and Swiss franc gained with the worsening in risk sentiment. The Australian currency edged lower.

Traditionally these times cause large amounts of money to flow into gold. Although that took place this time around the firming US currency caused the gold price, which is expressed in US dollars, to fall marginally. The looming higher production of oil caused “black gold” to fall and copper was caught up in the changing sentiment.

This journey with the virus has caused many twists in markets and economic outlooks and it would seem that there is a lot more to come if the latest Israeli data turns out to be correct.

There will be increased pressure in Australia to continue isolation, which is bad news for overseas student and tourist levels and international airports like Sydney.

It is fascinating that our big superannuation funds in the middle of this crisis are declaring that our isolation will not be a long term issue and so are bidding for Sydney airport.

If this uncertainty continues to hit markets they have a very good chance of getting it.

There's some outright bullschiff in the articles, especially about the claim that beer virus is spreading in unvaccinated people in the US.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
What’s your D3 dosage? I’ve never been tested for my level but I take 10k daily unless I expect to get good sun exposure for at least 30 mins.

Vitamin d is not a water soluble vitamin and overdose is possible. Personally I take 2000/day and check blood level 2/yr

Hypervitaminosis D

Hypervitaminosis D is a condition that occurs after taking very high doses of vitamin D.

Causes
The cause is excess intake of vitamin D. The doses need to be very high, far above what most medical providers normally prescribe.

There has been a lot of confusion about vitamin D supplementation. The recommended daily allowance (RDA) for vitamin D is between 400 and 800 IU/day, according to age and pregnancy status. Higher doses may be needed for some people, such as those with vitamin D deficiency, hypoparathyroidism, and other conditions. However, most people do not need more than 2,000 IU of vitamin D a day.

For most people, vitamin D toxicity only occurs with vitamin D doses above 10,000 IU per day.

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vitamin d is not a water soluble vitamin and overdose is possible. Personally I take 2000/day and check blood level 2/yr

Hypervitaminosis D

Hypervitaminosis D is a condition that occurs after taking very high doses of vitamin D.

Causes
The cause is excess intake of vitamin D. The doses need to be very high, far above what most medical providers normally prescribe.

There has been a lot of confusion about vitamin D supplementation. The recommended daily allowance (RDA) for vitamin D is between 400 and 800 IU/day, according to age and pregnancy status. Higher doses may be needed for some people, such as those with vitamin D deficiency, hypoparathyroidism, and other conditions. However, most people do not need more than 2,000 IU of vitamin D a day.

For most people, vitamin D toxicity only occurs with vitamin D doses above 10,000 IU per day.
Correct, it is fat soluble and stored in adipose tissue as cholecalciferol. Overdose is possible but unlikely until you get much higher, 50K plus probably, unless you’re an elite body builder or athlete with extremely low body fat available to uptake the excess and store it for later.

The RDA amount is so low that it is probably more dangerous to your health to follow that recommendation than to get 10k-20k per day.
I was doing just 5k per day and then I got Covid and was quite sick with it.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.28.56 PM.png

Au-myn

GOLDBUG
Founding Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Another benefit of sun exposure is nitric oxide production (we also produce it when we breathe through our noses, but very little to none when mouth breathing). Nitric oxide is anti-inflammatory and pro immune system.
When I take my daily walks I breathe through my nose. I read about that a while back. Not a big deal once you get used to it.

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Correct, it is fat soluble and stored in adipose tissue as cholecalciferol. Overdose is possible but unlikely until you get much higher, 50K plus probably, unless you’re an elite body builder or athlete with extremely low body fat available to uptake the excess and store it for later.

The RDA amount is so low that it is probably more dangerous to your health to follow that recommendation than to get 10k-20k per day.
I was doing just 5k per day and then I got Covid and was quite sick with it.
Most people should start with 5k, that's what I take, although I cut down sometimes if I'm getting a lot of sun in the summer (not this one, lol)

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
That may be old information, I looked on there website and it doesn’t show that restriction.
Donated a month ago. They did not ask if you were jabbed.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Most people should start with 5k, that's what I take, although I cut down sometimes if I'm getting a lot of sun in the summer (not this one, lol)

I know I got excessively tired with my blood test range was 20ng/ml. 2k/day supplement keeps me around 40ng/ml

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Israel ain't happy:

The big fall in US and European shares and the rush to bonds was caused by a much deeper fear than simply a rise in the infections of the unvaccinated.

It’s possible that the vaccinated may still be vulnerable and this fear drove markets down because such a development has major implications for growth in 2022.

Most of the initial danger reports are coming out of Israel but the call by Pfizer for booster shots seemed to confirm the Israeli trend.

I must confess in my commentaries I had not picked up the significance of the Israeli experience and I am grateful to readers who pointed it out in their comments. The business of commentating on the virus, let alone running nations, carries no certainties and that was part of the market fall.

The previous market assumption was that nations with high vaccination rates would be able to return to a “normal” a set of regulations and enjoy much higher economic activity.

Israel is a small country with high Pfizer vaccination rates and, accordingly, had strong economic expectations. Several months ago Israeli health officials said the vaccine had 99 per cent efficacy in preventing symptoms of Covid-19 and 91.2 per cent effective rate in preventing infection from the Delta variant. These were wonderful figures.

Then earlier this month the Israeli ministry said the vaccine was 64 per cent effective in preventing infection and 93 per cent effective in preventing serious illness. The ministry did not detail its analysis and there was considerable doubt about whether which estimate was correct. Markets looked to a return to the higher figures.

Then on Monday, Australian time, figures presented to the Israeli coronavirus task force indicated that both disappointing numbers were actually too high.

The Gertner Institute at Tel Aviv University, which studies epidemiology and health policy, began analysing the ministry’s data soon after its release. Although the researchers haven’t yet finished their final analysis, they say there is real cause for concern because the figures they are seeing are even lower.

Markets picked up on this preliminary information and trashed the share market, although in late trading there was a recovery. Whether this latest fall is merely a normal correction or something more fundamental will partly depend on the details of the Israeli research and how well it is matched with data from the US and Europe.

The bond market is not waiting around for the results and was particularly concerned at the call by Pfizer for booster shots, perhaps indicating their research was matching the Israelis.

The 10-year US bond yield hovered near 1.3 per cent on Friday—still well below the “benchmark” yield of 1.5 per cent

On Monday, buying gathered momentum with the 10-year benchmark yield falling to its lowest level in five months closing below 1.2 per cent. Bondholders were jubilant as their stock rose in value but bond rates at that level indicate a clear fear of a significant US economic slowdown

Accordingly some bond analysts are lowering real GDP estimates again, which is not only driving bond yields lower but hitting economically sensitive stocks led by financials

Covid cases have rebounded in the US this month with the Delta variant spreading among the unvaccinated. The US is averaging nearly 30,000 new cases a day in the last week, up from a seven-day average of around 11,000 cases a day a month go

In Europe the surge in Covid-19 cases continues to weigh on the economies, with several major European countries forced to reimplement social restrictions. Add to that the devastation caused by massive flooding around Germany and Belgium.

As usually always happens in times of fear and uncertainty the so called currency “safe-havens”---- US dollar, yen, and Swiss franc---- rose on as coronavirus variant fears threaten the outlook for a global economic recovery.

The greenback climbed to a more than three-month peak against a basket of major currencies, but came off its highs as the yen and Swiss franc gained with the worsening in risk sentiment. The Australian currency edged lower.

Traditionally these times cause large amounts of money to flow into gold. Although that took place this time around the firming US currency caused the gold price, which is expressed in US dollars, to fall marginally. The looming higher production of oil caused “black gold” to fall and copper was caught up in the changing sentiment.

This journey with the virus has caused many twists in markets and economic outlooks and it would seem that there is a lot more to come if the latest Israeli data turns out to be correct.

There will be increased pressure in Australia to continue isolation, which is bad news for overseas student and tourist levels and international airports like Sydney.

It is fascinating that our big superannuation funds in the middle of this crisis are declaring that our isolation will not be a long term issue and so are bidding for Sydney airport.

If this uncertainty continues to hit markets they have a very good chance of getting it.

There's some outright bullschiff in the articles, especially about the claim that beer virus is spreading in unvaccinated people in the US.
just another tactic to get people vaccinated. The economic crashes will be blamed on the unvaccinated causing lockdowns. The problem is the stats do not agree but they will simply change them so they do.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Over 40% of Americans are magnesium deficient. A combination of magnesium oxide, citrate, and aspartate is what I take for immediate and longer term release. Studies that show D3 supplementation is not effective in raisiing D3 levels do not take magnesium status and deficiency into account. You need both.

I definitely agree but you might be careful with the Mg Oxide. The oxide is bonded too strong and might make deficiencies worse. Magnesium has really helped me for anxiety. It got to a point where I could take a Calcium supplement and bring on the anxiety and then take Magnesium and back to normal. However, the Mg oxide form does Not work and may make things worse. Most of the other forms should help but I have been taking a Magnesium Malate and it helps a ton.

Last edited:

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I definitely agree but you might be careful with the Mg Oxide. The oxide is bonded too strong and might make deficiencies worse. It really helps some for anxiety. It got to a point where I could take a Calcium supplement and bring on the anxiety and then take Magnesium and back to normal. However, the Mg oxide form does Not work and may make things worse. Most of the other forms should help but I have been taking a Magnesium Malate and it helps a ton.
I take magnesium malate also.

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
Reaction score
I'm probably tripping serious balls, but something has changed with the beer virus narrative and the poison peddlers. Even though they appear to be holding steady in how they present the narrative, especially when one considers how they are running with the "delta" variant, there's a very subtle change in the body language and speech used. It is almost as though as they know they are playing the last cards they have.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I'm probably tripping serious balls, but something has changed with the beer virus narrative and the poison peddlers. Even though they appear to be holding steady in how they present the narrative, especially when one considers how they are running with the "delta" variant, there's a very subtle change in the body language and speech used. It is almost as though as they know they are playing the last cards they have.
Their desperation is very evident. They now just lie without regard to the pretense of "science". This is just a guess but I suspect the vaccine is time sensitive. That there is a reason to rush the vaccine by a certain date. After that it might be a moot point. We could go down the rabbit hole of why its date sensitive but it would be a guess. Will the vaccinated have those immune issues some Doctors have talked about when they start encountering real colds and flus? Is the vaccine part one of something that will be activated with a part two? Will economic crash be the next agenda and this put on the sideline. Those are my three best guesses. I would be curious what others thought on this are.

Last edited:

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
There desperation is very evident. They now just lie without regard to the pretense of "science". This is just a guess but I suspect the vaccine is time sensitive. That there is a reason to rush the vaccine by a certain date. After that it might be a moot point. We could go down the rabbit hole of why its date sensitive but it would be a guess. Will the vaccinated have those immune issues some Doctors have talked about when they start encountering real colds and flus? Is the vaccine part one of something that will be activated with a part two? Will economic crash be the next agenda and this put on the sideline. Those are my three best guesses. I would be curious what others thought on this are.

I point out to people this very thing. Why the lotteries and incentives? Why did this get rushed out? Why is there so much pressure to take this for a virus with a 99.7% recovery rate? As usual the response is silence, deer in the headlights, or they get defensive and try to label people like us as being irresponsible.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Evidently we are suppose to be taking vitamin K with the D. I have not been but when I buy my next bottle I will. Vitamin K can be a problem for people on blood thinners though.

Don't want to thicken the blood...

GOLDBRIX

'SUSH, MY NEW SAFE HOUSE"
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
What’s your D3 dosage? I’ve never been tested for my level but I take 10k daily unless I expect to get good sun exposure for at least 30 mins.
5K IU (Daily)

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
When I take my daily walks I breathe through my nose. I read about that a while back. Not a big deal once you get used to it.
I sing out loud when I'm on my walks. I did this in my 20s when conditioning for Amateur Wrestling Tourneys. I had been informed by training specialists that singing while even under little to moderate stress helps increase lung capacity. And a reason the military sings and chants on runs.
I do use a CPAP to sleep and only use a nasal mask and not breathing through my mouth.
IDNK about the Nitric oxide benefit.

Atocha

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Israel ain't happy:

I understand Sydney was locked down because of 3 or 4 cases....

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I point out to people this very thing. Why the lotteries and incentives? Why did this get rushed out? Why is there so much pressure to take this for a virus with a 99.7% recovery rate? As usual the response is silence, deer in the headlights, or they get defensive and try to label people like us as being irresponsible.
the real give away is the children. Not many kids get sick from this virus so the news has a different angle the last week. They are showing parents who were vaccinated but got the virus anyway because their kids were not vaccinated. Now the kids are the super spreaders. They are also ramping up pressure for masks on TWO year olds and above since they cant be vaccinated. This crap is so transparent you would have to be brain dead not to see it. Please tell me that tough Australian spirit is showing itself in the form of rebellion.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I sing out loud when I'm on my walks. I did this in my 20s when conditioning for Amateur Wrestling Tourneys. I had been informed by training specialists that singing while even under little to moderate stress helps increase lung capacity. And a reason the military sings and chants on runs.
I do use a CPAP to sleep and only use a nasal mask and not breathing through my mouth.
IDNK about the Nitric oxide benefit.
The amino acids L-arginine and L-citrulline are used to produce nitric oxide in your body. My daughter takes it daily.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
:laughing:

Foo Fighters report COVID-19 case, postpone weekend concert that would have reopened Forum​

A man with long hair sings into a microphone and plays guitar onstage

The Foo Fighters perform at the 2021 Vax Live concert in Inglewood.
(Jason Armond / Los Angeles Times)
By CHRISTI CARRASSTAFF WRITER
JULY 15, 2021 11:48 AM PT
The Foo Fighters have postponed their Saturday concert at the Forum in Inglewood after someone affiliated with the band tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Tickets purchased for this weekend will be valid for the new date, which “will be announced shortly,” according to the musical act’s social media pages. The highly anticipated performance was supposed to mark the Forum’s first first full-capacity show and first ticketed event in more than a year.
“Despite having made every effort to follow CDC Covid protocols and local laws, there has been a confirmed Covid-19 case within the Foo Fighters organization,” the band said in a statement.

“Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the safety of the band, crew and most of all the fans, Saturdays show at the Los Angeles Forum is being postponed to a later date.”

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
The amino acids L-arginine and L-citrulline are used to produce nitric oxide in your body. My daughter takes it daily.
L-arginine is also a herpes stimulator if your body carries the virus. In my 20s I'd use L-arginine to enhance natural HGH production. I ended up switching to L-Ornithine which helps increase natural HGH just more expensive at the time, and it did not cause my herpes to break out.
Chocolate is high in L-Arginine. High enough to cause outbreaks IF you are a carrier.

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'm as close to depressed as I get. Went to the country store in my town of 850 to get my twice per week alcohol fix. One of the few unvaxxed people, who was waiting for FDA approval, decided to go for it anyway. I'm in the left most town in the left most state, so there is that. But there are very few of us left. If this goes badly we will be dead as well due to lack of infrastructure.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Sheeple bow to peer pressure. Consider yourself a Lone Wolf amongst sheeple.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'm as close to depressed as I get. Went to the country store in my town of 850 to get my twice per week alcohol fix. One of the few unvaxxed people, who was waiting for FDA approval, decided to go for it anyway. I'm in the left most town in the left most state, so there is that. But there are very few of us left. If this goes badly we will be dead as well due to lack of infrastructure.

You'll be King... Which is the nicest house as you could claim it as your own in a couple years?

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
So Mrs and Baby old are visiting relatives and I'm drinking. Why not?

Drink one for me you skinny rock climbing fucker...............get yer head straight................ill do a few for you as well...........and maybe burn a joint or 2.

My head is tired, time for some r and r.