• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Venn Diagram Of Irrational Nonsense

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
"Ear Candles" is nonsense? I thought there was scientific proof that a air sucking pressure is created when the candle is lit and it sucks out some loosened up wax from your ear.

I've never tried one, but I was told they somewhat work.

Kind of like one of my mowers that needs its blades sharpened - it works, maybe not all that well, leaves the grass as if a blind man had cut it, but don't dare call the thing "nonsense" - it can still cut your toe off if you're not careful.

Flip-flops never recommended when mowing your lawn regardless the brand or condition of the mower. … JMHO, DYODD and don't blame the messenger just because you don't agree with or like the message.

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I've never tried one, but I was told they somewhat work.
I have tried them. What is interesting is it does work. There's all this yellow ear wax at the bottom when it's done.

Not sure how the science of it works, but the 'tip' is placed in the ear opening. It would seem that the as the flame burns down the tube - air is drawn up through the conical tube drawing out the wax. Close to the end of the burn it gets quite warm around the ear possibly softening the wax?

It helps to have someone assisting so you don't burn down the house, or your head!

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
"Ear Candles" is nonsense?
Yep, sure is.

Kind of like one of my mowers that needs its blades sharpened
Find a rock or perhaps some curb and carefully maneuver the running mower over it and it'll sharpen the blade for you.

Flip-flops never recommended when mowing your lawn regardless the brand or condition of the mower.
Absolutely!

There's all this yellow ear wax at the bottom when it's done.
That's residue from the bees wax that melted off the paper, and any black stuff is bits of ash. The amount of suction needed to pull sticky ear wax from the ear canal would rupture your ear drum long before it would un-stick the ear wax.

If you need something to help you get wax out of your ear, try an ear spoon instead of a candle.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Just get sumbody to blow hard into the other ear.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Oh, so ear candles should be on the list then.

But if ear candles are a scam, what about half of all those other products they sell on late night tv, of all those certainly they couldn't all work? Is their venn diagram trying to de-brainwash people? Is that the purpose here? And exactly how does that picture with elliptical circles qualify as a Venn diagram?

I was a bit intrigued about how scientology got to the middle of things, but what about all those other cults, those aren't listed?

I'm not buying their take on things, the debt clock should have been placed at center billing. They're confused and I wouldn't recommend them for any de-brainwashing tasks. JMHO, DYODD, Don't blame the messenger just because you don't agree with or like the message.

Last edited: