• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

These snowmobilers came across a pair of moose ears poking out of the snow ...

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
These snowmobilers came across a pair of moose ears poking out of the snow ...

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/stories/moose-rescue-snow-newfoundland

January 6, 2018, 9:32 a.m.

It took about 15 minutes for snowmobilers to shovel the moose out. (Photo: Jonathan Anstey/Facebook)

A remote area around Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland doesn’t see many passersby on the best of days. But on a freezing late December day, the odds of a moose stuck in a snowbank finding a lifeline get even leaner.

In fact, when a group of Canadian snowmobilers came across the hapless animal, he was all but entombed in that icy grave.

Just ears poking out from the vast, snowy expanse.

But that fighting moose spirit was alive and well. And the will to help was strong in those who came across him.

"You could tell he was frantically trying to get out of the hole that he had himself in," one of the snowmobilers, Jonathan Anstey, told CBC News.

Getting close to a moose, even when it's seemingly snowbound, is always a dicey proposition. There are plenty of stories about these unruly ungulates taking a sudden, aggressive turn. Wildlife experts say moose encounters can pose as much danger as a meeting with a bear.

And even a moose that appears to be in trouble should normally be left to the expertise of park rangers and wildlife officials. The notoriously blustery behemoths are not to be trifled with by humans, or, as in one spectacular case, lawn mowers.

But rescuers didn’t see this moose having the time to wait for official assistance — so they got to digging.

About 15 minutes later — with a careful blend of shoveling and coaxing, Antsey noted in a Facebook post — the moose was soon on the loose.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I'm not surprised they stopped to help. Folks who live and spend their time in the forests are common sense resourceful people. Like when hunters risk their own lives rescuing deer from a river or lake.

These are things the vast majority of city bred litter bugs would never understand in 100 years.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Well, my main surprise was not that those folks stopped to help, I would probably have done the same. I would have felt compassion for the moose's situation. He's just extremely fortunate to have been spotted at all out there buried in snow in the wilderness. What are the chances? I'm glad they found him.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Well, my main surprise was not that those folks stopped to help, I would probably have done the same. I would have felt compassion for the moose's situation. He's just extremely fortunate to have been spotted at all out there buried in snow in the wilderness. What are the chances? I'm glad they found him.
Lots of amazing in that story ain't there? Moose are pretty dangerous animals too but that one must have figured out it was getting a break. Or it was just too tired to stomp 'em!

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I think animals, even potentially dangerous ones, are more intelligent and aware than most people give them credit for. Mr. Moose was no doubt exhausted, but probably realized, on some level, that he was being helped out of a hopeless situation. I hate to equate everything to dogs, but any dog who has spent time lost or abandoned and makes it into an animal shelter and is adopted out definitely knows how lucky he is to have a home. They're different than a dog who is raised from a pup. They're aware and they remember where they came from. I'm constantly amazed at the intelligence of animals.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
They found moose but, where's squirrel?!?
You win the internets today Sir!

.......................................... :godfather

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I regret I never got to have a pretty Russian girl say "Moose and Squirrel" to me in person.

.cry:

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My oldest boy bought the entire series on dvd for me for Christmas a few years back. Kinda disappointed there wasn't an Honarary Doctorate of Moosology from Whatsamatta U included...they wanted me to send in $1 and a proof of purchase from the box.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I remember the ping pong balls, also Mr. Green Jeans and the Dancing Bear. Man, that was a long time ago.