• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

They want to tax unrealized gains.

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
Reaction score
Welcome to Camp Arbitrary kids!!!

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Take it one step further.
Your house is appraised higher than last year, so raise your property taxes accordingly... (already in practice many places)...

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This doesn’t even make sense lol. Where is the money supposed to come from on an UNREALIZED gain trollol

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
This doesn’t even make sense lol. Where is the money supposed to come from on an UNREALIZED gain trollol
It makes sense from their, the governmentalists, opinions because of their continued desires of confiscating all wealth for themselves. Actually the "mark to market" taxation does in fact apply currently to many taxpayers by a little known corner in the Internal Revenue Code

Taxation of Dealers, Investors, and Traders

The tax treatment of those who buy and sell stocks and other securities is not the same for all taxpayers. It can vary depending on whether a taxpayer is considered a dealer, an investor, or a trader. In addition, taxpayers who are considered traders (and only traders) are entitled to make the Sec. 475(f) election to use the mark-to-market rules. Thus, there are four different types of tax treatment for taxpayers who buy and sell securities. Because the treatments differ so dramatically, it is incumbent on practitioners to distinguish among them.[3]

Under the mark-to-market rules, dealers and eligible traders are treated as having sold all their securities on the last day of the tax year at their fair market value (FMV), causing gain or loss to be taken into account for the year. Any gain or loss recognized under this rule is taxed as ordinary income or ordinary loss. Dealers’ and traders’ expenses are considered business expenses and are deductible subject to any special rule or limitation

Read the whole thing here

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Push to eliminate personal accounts & have everything in 401K type accounts to it is easier for them to confiscate when they implement ubi.
Even a friend's 19 year old with no account is worried about starting one because of that.

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
they said you would own nothing. You don't really own your property now with the way property taxes works. Think about paying a tax on the worth of your home every year because you did not sell it. You really won't own it. Only the filthy rich will keep owning their homes. Most people will flee ownership like it's a plauge.

Some will engage in fire fights against this insanity, they will be waco'ed.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
they said you would own nothing. You don't really own your property now with the way property taxes works. Think about paying a tax on the worth of your home every year because you did not sell it. You really won't own it. Only the filthy rich will keep owning their homes. Most people will flee ownership like it's a plauge.

Some will engage in fire fights against this insanity, they will be waco'ed.

My two remaining properties in the States are self supporting multi family units...

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Your pocket brother. Or they will force you to sell the asset to pay the tax. They are evil.

moooooo

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Do we get credit for unrealized losses too?

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your pocket brother. Or they will force you to sell the asset to pay the tax. They are evil.

moooooo

this will backfire. Wall Street would kill this before it even gets started.

Last edited:

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
'They' want to take all my guns too. I just checked and they're still here. Its time for the people to stand up and say ENOUGH!!

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
The IRS has already lost 2 cases regarding this, both against Helio Castroneves

Backstory: Greg Moore had signed with Penske, 5m signing bonus. The next day Greg is killed in a crash at Fontana. Helio is offered the seat and as a retainer they cross out Moores name on the contract and Helio signs. The 5m is then placed into a Belgium account in escrow pending the real contract.

The IRS decides that Helio owes taxes on the 5m.

Helio goes the distance and wins the criminal case.

The IRS decides to go after him in civil court

Helio wins again

At. The. Drop. Of. A. Hat.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Move to hard assets. They can't tax what they can't see. And take a scuba course. ;) ;)
You have a point there worth noting. Consider my mother's past situation. She had a stroke and was paralyzed to where she had to live in a nursing home that offered 24 hour care. My mother was far from being wealthy but thanks to her investments over the years she was able to afford a private pay room at a facility. Her room mate apparently saved nothing over the years and was on Medicaid. My mother had to pay twice for her bed than what Medicaid paid for her room mate. I was talking to the Administrator about this once and was told that since Medicaid did not adequately cover the costs of their patients the private pay patients had to pay extra to cover these costs. So here my mother was in the last years of her life having her savings confiscated by a back door hidden tax to pay for someone that didn't save for times like these. My mother was just about fully wiped out when she passed but she did have a few krugerrands and a lot of 90% silver that she had saved back during the high inflationary 1970's and 1980's. Since she passed close to but not at her financial limits the sale of her metal holdings did not happen. However the thought did go through my mind that since no one besides me knew of them perhaps I should put her on Medicaid and remain reticent on her metal holdings. I know at the time I thought it would be immoral and dishonest to continue keeping the metals secret but at the same time the Government, via the Medicaid system, was immorally taxing her by making her pay extra for her room to cover someone on welfare that wasn't paying their way. Any way I looked at the situation it was simply a taking from one to be redistributed to another by a governmental system that is hidden from the public each and every day. I did not have to make the decision to sell or put her on Medicaid but it was a serious thought.

Now I have learned something from this namely one way or another the Government will find multiple ways to appropriate a citizen's assets saved for retirement in order to pay for someone that didn't save for retirement. This is pure taxation without a vote, discussion or representation via systems like this and one of the very few ways to escape from it is the secretive items of value that an individual holds. While it might be illegal for someone to not disclose their holdings it is just as illegal to confiscate someone's assets without a tax act or any other law enactment to provide for someone that didn't save to pay their "fair share" like so many other situations that savers face on a daily basis. So, as you say "Move to hard assets. They can't tax what they can't see" might have been posted in jest but one can easily see just how tempting it can be in certain situations.

Putting your comment in different terms it falls under the old "a threadbare coat is the best guard against highwaymen" that has been a tried and true formula for holding on to wealth for centuries and, as we can see today, it has its merits today as it has had for centuries.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
As my father used to say "many a truth is spoken in jest". I'm sure he didn't invent the phrase, but he repeated it often anyway.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
You sell it, or take a second mortgage to pay the taxes.

Eventually you cannot keep up with the payments; and you have to make a distressed sale...to an REIT or other oligarch tool-structure that strips working people of what they worked for.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

Exactly because it’s self evident that taxing unrealized gains would cause investors not to invest and generate gain. Capital would find a new strategy where tracking and taxing wasn’t possible (buried treasure for the win)

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Nope. Wall Street is the crony thoroughfare.

Government distortion in the securities market has made them RICH. For well-nigh 12 years, now...and I doubt that will change. Banks are now THE biggest players in the stonk market; the Muppets (individual small investors) are an asterisk, and just seen as gulls to be fleeced.

Now apparently the Federal Reserve has been cleared to buy stonks direct. MOAR commissions for the dull-normals who sell stonks. By the time they realize their Crony Welfare program is over, they won't have power to stop it.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Thread.

Blackrock is buying every single family house they can find, paying 20-50% above asking price and outbidding normal home buyers. Why are corporations, pension funds and property investment groups buying...

If You Sell a House These Days, the Buyer Might Be a Pension FundYield-chasing investors are snapping up single-family homes, competing with ordinary Americans and driving up prices.https://www.wsj.com/articles/if-you...the-buyer-might-be-a-pension-fund-11617544801
entire neighborhoods out from under the middle class? Lets take a look. Homes are popping up on MLS and going under contract within a few hours. Blackrock, among others, are buying up thousands of new homes and entire neighborhoods.

Financial Planning & Investment Management | BlackRockhttps://www.blackrock.com/us/individual
So who is Blackrock? Only the worlds largest asset manager and the leading proponent of The Great Reset. Theyre looking to redistribute -Get this- $120Trillion dollars. The entire wealth of the worlds middle class and poor combined several times over.

The Great Reset: BlackRock Is Fueling A $120 Trillion Transformation On Wall St. | OilPrice.comSustainability is the name of the game for today’s investors, and with trillions of dollars up for grabs, it pays to take the plungehttps://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-...A-120-Trillion-Transformation-On-Wall-St.html
As an example, a 124 new home neighborhood was bought in its entirety in Texas. Average Americans were outbid to a tune of $32million. Homes sold at an avg if 20% above listing. Now the entire neighborhood is made up of SFR's. What are SFR's??

If You Can't Beat Institutional Real Estate Investors, Join ThemInstitutional real estate investors are buying up single family homes and making it more difficult for individual buyers. Join them!https://www.financialsamurai.com/institutional-real-estate-investors/
Single Family Rentals. Now, your potential lower to middle class home owner is positioned to be a permanent renter. This matters because for the lower and middle class owning a home is the most major part of any financial success, and future upward mobility.
This is wealth redistribution, and it ain’t rich people’s wealth that’s getting redistributed. It’s normal American middle class, salt of the earth wealth heading into the hands of the worlds most powerful entities and individuals. The traditional financial vehicle gone forever.
Home equity is the main financial element that middle class families use to build wealth, and black rock, a federal reserve funded financial institution is buying up all the houses to make sure that young families can’t build wealth.
Thats right!

FEDERAL RESERVE FUNDED FINANCIAL INSTITUTE.

Let that sink in for a minute. Got it? They’re using your tax dollars to fuck over the lower and middle class, and its permanent. Not 1 Pres. administration of bullshit. This is a fundamental reorganization of society.
So where does this position the average American in 30 years when its a given that every new neighborhood is to be bought up whole so they can be utilized as SFR's? It positions them as peasants. Being poor can be temporary condition bettered by upward mobility.
In the US and other nations home ownership is often the 1st and most vital step. This can provide for generational wealth and success. But as permanent, guaranteed renters youre pissing away a lifetime of equity and the chance for mobility. You just become a peasant.
The Great Reset is real. It is happening. This will be the greatest transfer of wealth, and greatest consolidation of power in the history of mankind. If they get away with it revolution will be the only cure. It will be awful. Wake up. Get active. Stop this now!!
This is warfare. Make no doubt about it. Lloyds bank in London is doing it, as is every great financial institute across the world. This must be stopped. Its a greater threat than the slow creep of Communism, BLM or anything else you can think of COMBINED. It is a death stroke.
Black Rock, Vanguard, and State Street control 20 trillion dollars worth of assets. Blackrock alone has a 10 billion a year surplus. That means with 5-20% down they can get mortgages on 130-170k homes every year. Or they can outright buy 30k homes per year. Just Blackrock.
Now imagine every major institute doing this, because they are. It can be such a fast sweeping action that 30yrs may be overshooting it. They may accomplish feudalism in 15 years.
People will say "They can't just piss away money on buying tens of thousands of houses that are all at a loss."

WRONG. YOU AND I CANT DO THAT.

They are fronting the federal reserve, and are financed by an endless stream of freshly created fiat money.
And whats the global reserve currency???? Oh ya... green funny money.

You may ask "Suppose the banks wont finance new housing?"

Or

"But Companies are buying them for way above asking price, can it last?"
Well, the banks are controlled by and in bed with the same cabal buying everything up. You think this will be corrected by market forces when it is a financial and political pincher movement pushed by the same cabal that stole the 2020 election & hid COVID Truth?
You are fucked.

America’s Largest Landlord Adds $1 Billion for Its House HuntThe agreement between Invitation Homes, the country’s largest rental-home owner, and Boston property investor Rockpoint will add enough cash to buy about 3,500 homes.https://www.wsj.com/articles/invitation-rockpoint-forge-1-billion-rental-home-venture-11602067500?mod=article_inline

Meet Your New Landlord: Wall StreetBig investors transform suburban neighborhoods by buying up single-family homes and renting them out. Their bet: the U.S. homeownership rate will stay low and rents will continue to rise.https://www.wsj.com/articles/meet-your-new-landlord-wall-street-1500647417?mod=article_inline
Read.

If You Sell a House These Days, the Buyer Might Be a Pension FundYield-chasing investors are snapping up single-family homes, competing with ordinary Americans and driving up prices.https://www.wsj.com/articles/if-you-sell-a-house-these-days-the-buyer-might-be-a-pension-fund-11617544801?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/uTagTOQQgI
corporateletscompany.co.uk/lloyds-bank-pl…

Project Generation: Lloyds Bank to become private landlordLloyds Bank has revealed to The Financial Times that it is to enter into the residential property market as a large private landlord.https://www.propertyreporter.co.uk/...n-lloyds-bank-to-become-private-landlord.html

How corporations are buying up houses — robbing families of the American DreamOne morning in 2012, Phoenix real-estate developer Geoff Jacobs was playing golf when he got a surprising phone call. One of his employees, trying to bid on a house they wanted at auction, told him…https://nypost.com/2020/07/18/corporations-are-buying-houses-robbing-families-of-american-dream/amp/

Is Wall Street upending Nashville neighborhoods? These professors want to knowhttps://amp.tennessean.com/amp/716494001?__twitter_impression=true

When Wall Street Is Your LandlordWith help from the federal government, institutional investors became major players in the rental market. They promised to return profits to their investors and convenience to their tenants. Investors…https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2019/02/single-family-landlords-wall-street/5823

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
it's like cornering the market in just about anything...at some point the fad fades away and they begin to play with another toy investment...

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Well if blackrock is buying retail single family homes it’s a good bet foreclosure moratoriums are going to be a th8ng of the past

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Look what you can buy with fake digital fiat. You can control the whole country. You know those assets will be leveraged & used as volunteer slave rent payer shelters.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
This is why I don't invest in the stock market. It's rigged and they expect you to not notice.

I'm sitting on the sidelines watching the world go by. Got the house payment and other than that, I'm debt free!

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I don't invest in the stock market. It's rigged and they expect you to not notice.

I'm sitting on the sidelines watching the world go by. Got the house payment and other than that, I'm debt free!
Debt Free...that's my 'current employer' and i'm filling in that hole fast through 'determination' and pretending the shtf has already happened

and i'm not not ready.........

but, i'm also set up in case there's some type of jubilee where it can all slip through the cracks in a world where no one is paying, it's better sometimes to look like everyone else...leave a bit on the table and complain like the rest, no one should see me and mine...

hide in plain sight and shelter in place

act as if you understand that if you got lights on at night and others around you don't, you're now a target

a bon-fire would serve your needs better anyways

yep, debt free

reminds me of those folks who live under the highway bridges...not the trolls, the debt-free people

sorry, i digressed....must be that meatloaf

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Look what you can buy with fake digital fiat. You can control the whole country. You know those assets will be leveraged & used as volunteer slave rent payer shelters.
Only for a little while.

Then, by popular demand, property rights are upended. The whole country loses; but the victory these oligarchs will have is a short one.

A prosperous society is NOT one where no one can afford to live in any of the shelters sitting empty. It is not one where no one has a home, work, community. Nor is its fiat money worth anything. Right now, the oligarchs and crony rentiers are just riding the tail of the money-printing orgy.

It will end badly, and not just for us, or just for them. EVERYTHING comes crashing down.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

Thread.

Blackrock is buying every single family house they can find, paying 20-50% above asking price and outbidding normal home buyers. Why are corporations, pension funds and property investment groups buying...

If You Sell a House These Days, the Buyer Might Be a Pension FundYield-chasing investors are snapping up single-family homes, competing with ordinary Americans and driving up prices.https://www.wsj.com/articles/if-you...the-buyer-might-be-a-pension-fund-11617544801
entire neighborhoods out from under the middle class? Lets take a look. Homes are popping up on MLS and going under contract within a few hours. Blackrock, among others, are buying up thousands of new homes and entire neighborhoods.

Financial Planning & Investment Management | BlackRockhttps://www.blackrock.com/us/individual
So who is Blackrock? Only the worlds largest asset manager and the leading proponent of The Great Reset. Theyre looking to redistribute -Get this- $120Trillion dollars. The entire wealth of the worlds middle class and poor combined several times over.

The Great Reset: BlackRock Is Fueling A $120 Trillion Transformation On Wall St. | OilPrice.comSustainability is the name of the game for today’s investors, and with trillions of dollars up for grabs, it pays to take the plungehttps://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-...A-120-Trillion-Transformation-On-Wall-St.html
As an example, a 124 new home neighborhood was bought in its entirety in Texas. Average Americans were outbid to a tune of $32million. Homes sold at an avg if 20% above listing. Now the entire neighborhood is made up of SFR's. What are SFR's??

If You Can't Beat Institutional Real Estate Investors, Join ThemInstitutional real estate investors are buying up single family homes and making it more difficult for individual buyers. Join them!https://www.financialsamurai.com/institutional-real-estate-investors/
Single Family Rentals. Now, your potential lower to middle class home owner is positioned to be a permanent renter. This matters because for the lower and middle class owning a home is the most major part of any financial success, and future upward mobility.
This is wealth redistribution, and it ain’t rich people’s wealth that’s getting redistributed. It’s normal American middle class, salt of the earth wealth heading into the hands of the worlds most powerful entities and individuals. The traditional financial vehicle gone forever.
Home equity is the main financial element that middle class families use to build wealth, and black rock, a federal reserve funded financial institution is buying up all the houses to make sure that young families can’t build wealth.
Thats right!

FEDERAL RESERVE FUNDED FINANCIAL INSTITUTE.

Let that sink in for a minute. Got it? They’re using your tax dollars to fuck over the lower and middle class, and its permanent. Not 1 Pres. administration of bullshit. This is a fundamental reorganization of society.
So where does this position the average American in 30 years when its a given that every new neighborhood is to be bought up whole so they can be utilized as SFR's? It positions them as peasants. Being poor can be temporary condition bettered by upward mobility.
In the US and other nations home ownership is often the 1st and most vital step. This can provide for generational wealth and success. But as permanent, guaranteed renters youre pissing away a lifetime of equity and the chance for mobility. You just become a peasant.
The Great Reset is real. It is happening. This will be the greatest transfer of wealth, and greatest consolidation of power in the history of mankind. If they get away with it revolution will be the only cure. It will be awful. Wake up. Get active. Stop this now!!
This is warfare. Make no doubt about it. Lloyds bank in London is doing it, as is every great financial institute across the world. This must be stopped. Its a greater threat than the slow creep of Communism, BLM or anything else you can think of COMBINED. It is a death stroke.
Black Rock, Vanguard, and State Street control 20 trillion dollars worth of assets. Blackrock alone has a 10 billion a year surplus. That means with 5-20% down they can get mortgages on 130-170k homes every year. Or they can outright buy 30k homes per year. Just Blackrock.
Now imagine every major institute doing this, because they are. It can be such a fast sweeping action that 30yrs may be overshooting it. They may accomplish feudalism in 15 years.
People will say "They can't just piss away money on buying tens of thousands of houses that are all at a loss."

WRONG. YOU AND I CANT DO THAT.

They are fronting the federal reserve, and are financed by an endless stream of freshly created fiat money.
And whats the global reserve currency???? Oh ya... green funny money.

You may ask "Suppose the banks wont finance new housing?"

Or

"But Companies are buying them for way above asking price, can it last?"
Well, the banks are controlled by and in bed with the same cabal buying everything up. You think this will be corrected by market forces when it is a financial and political pincher movement pushed by the same cabal that stole the 2020 election & hid COVID Truth?
You are fucked.

America’s Largest Landlord Adds $1 Billion for Its House HuntThe agreement between Invitation Homes, the country’s largest rental-home owner, and Boston property investor Rockpoint will add enough cash to buy about 3,500 homes.https://www.wsj.com/articles/invitation-rockpoint-forge-1-billion-rental-home-venture-11602067500?mod=article_inline

Meet Your New Landlord: Wall StreetBig investors transform suburban neighborhoods by buying up single-family homes and renting them out. Their bet: the U.S. homeownership rate will stay low and rents will continue to rise.https://www.wsj.com/articles/meet-your-new-landlord-wall-street-1500647417?mod=article_inline
Read.

If You Sell a House These Days, the Buyer Might Be a Pension FundYield-chasing investors are snapping up single-family homes, competing with ordinary Americans and driving up prices.https://www.wsj.com/articles/if-you-sell-a-house-these-days-the-buyer-might-be-a-pension-fund-11617544801?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/uTagTOQQgI
corporateletscompany.co.uk/lloyds-bank-pl…

Project Generation: Lloyds Bank to become private landlordLloyds Bank has revealed to The Financial Times that it is to enter into the residential property market as a large private landlord.https://www.propertyreporter.co.uk/...n-lloyds-bank-to-become-private-landlord.html

How corporations are buying up houses — robbing families of the American DreamOne morning in 2012, Phoenix real-estate developer Geoff Jacobs was playing golf when he got a surprising phone call. One of his employees, trying to bid on a house they wanted at auction, told him…https://nypost.com/2020/07/18/corporations-are-buying-houses-robbing-families-of-american-dream/amp/

Is Wall Street upending Nashville neighborhoods? These professors want to knowhttps://amp.tennessean.com/amp/716494001?__twitter_impression=true

When Wall Street Is Your LandlordWith help from the federal government, institutional investors became major players in the rental market. They promised to return profits to their investors and convenience to their tenants. Investors…https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2019/02/single-family-landlords-wall-street/5823

Give 'em 5 years for the vaxxed to die off, and they'll have plenty of overpriced houses on their hands...

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Your house is appraised higher than last year, so raise your property taxes accordingly... (already in practice many places)...
been going for years here..

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
happened to me twice across the decades...

i went to the county tax assessor and showed them Sold Houses in my area, similar in size, they gave me a form to fill out and a $20 filing fee and we received back, both times, a lower reassessed value...it was surprisingly easy

ymmv per county / state

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Taxing unrealized capital gains would be a "full employment bill" for highly paid accountants and tax lawyers, the vast majority of whom are Leftists/Democrats.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
happened to me twice across the decades...

i went to the county tax assessor and showed them Sold Houses in my area, similar in size, they gave me a form to fill out and a $20 filing fee and we received back, both times, a lower reassessed value...it was surprisingly easy

ymmv per county / state

When I bought my current house, at first the county wouldn't accept my actual purchase price as the house's "fair market value." (I bought an old fixer-upper house.) They billed me based on the entire neighborhood values. I protested, filled out the paperwork and got it reduced.