• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

They've made a Transporter Beam

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Only it works considerably better than the Star Trek model.

"...in a paper published Sept. 23 in the journal Nature Physics, an international team of researchers has caused molecule made up of up to 2,000 atoms to occupy two places at the same time." https://www.space.com/2000-atoms-in-two-places-at-once.html

Sounds kewl, but...

But wait until you start to read the article. It closes with:

But still, when the researchers switched the machine on, the detectors at the far end of the beam revealed an interference pattern. The molecules were occupying multiple points in space at once.

It's an exciting result, the researchers wrote, proving quantum interference at larger scales than had ever before been detected.

"The next generation of matter-wave experiments will push the mass by an order of magnitude," the authors wrote.

So, even bigger demonstrations of quantum interference are coming, though it probably won't be possible to fire yourself through an interferometer anytime soon. (First of all, the vacuum in the machine would probably kill you.) Us giant beings are just going to have to sit in one place and watch the particles have all the fun.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yep, the no above was a typo but is now integrated in the slits as a NO!

Walt, did you read that article? They essentially were shooting particles (Yet BIGGER ONES) with an adapted mo-shine and ending up with the interference and the non interferared with. there is no transportation...just a view finder of nudities.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Here is one for you walt: It is said that there can be found on....oppsie...no, magnetic MONO poles. yet TIME and GRAVITY are the exact definitions of MONO POLES.

and, these scientific guys are worried about slits?

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
i worry about sluts...
:secret:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
First attempt with humans

2019-10-06_1503.png

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The Fly...

"Help Me!"
"Help Me!"

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
It is the shadow of two and not two things.

michael59 -- Yer missing the whole fargin point. Lemme break it down so you understand what happened and why they are so excited.

electrons have mass -------- <-- We KNOW that. It ain't up for discussion anywhere. When you shine a light on a wall, PHOTONS with MASS hit the fargin wall.

photons have mass -------- <-- Ditto, and ya gotta start there and understand what that means. The slit results for these easy-peasy items are NOT SHADOWS, bro. When you send photons through the slits, they cannot be without mass or they would not interfere with each other and just go through the slit like pieces of wood -- straight through the slits. But they don't. The light beams and the electron beams form interference patterns as the particles that are traveling in waves (see picture for concept -- the fuzzy things move along on the waves).

The slit results PROVE that something that looks like this picture (2000 atom molecule) hit the MASS DETECTOR.

WHACK.

BAM.

SMACK.

At the other end of the beam. Not a shadow, but actual MASS. And it stayed there while its original MASS stayed where it had started. So one "marble" the size of 2000 atoms just fargin sat there, in two places at the same time until they shut the fargin machine off.

Just exactly like an electron beam bombs the wall, and the flashlight beam bombs the wall (both very gently, usually, but nevertheless measurably) until you turn off the microwave or turn off the flashlight. MASS. NOT SHADOW.

I hope this makes it clear to ya.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
No Walt you are missing the point of the double slit. The lines showing up are the shadows of the waves of the particle and not the particle itself. As the waves go through the slit they are disrupted and therefore amplify and distort. It is the amplification that sticks on the board and not a particle.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
michael -- You are sincere and I see that I cannot get you to understand. I'll leave it at that.

Nope. I gotta try once more. We have known about this since 1801. Honest. We KNOW electrons have weight and mass. We KNOW photons have weight and mass.

This is what Thomas Young determined was going on:

"...first performed by the English physicist and physician Thomas Young in 1801. In this experiment, Young identified the phenomenon called interference. Observing that when light from a single source is split into two beams, and the two beams are then recombined, the combined beam shows a pattern of light and dark fringes, Young concluded that the fringes result from the fact that when the beams recombine their peaks and troughs may not be in phase (in step). When two peaks coincide they reinforce each other, and a line of light results; when a peak and a trough coincide they cancel each other, and a dark line results."

These are not "shadows". They are lit up areas on a target that are being hit in waves. And the waves are caused by either reinforcement (overlay = bright) at a peak or canceling = dark at a trough.

This is centuries old stuff. The NEW stuff is that these guys took a MOLECULE (Hydrogen is a molecule) and jazzed it with their sexy toy.

The molecule hit the target in wave pattern just exactly like an electron (which has mass***). That means one thing only: The molecule traveled in a wave just exactly like an electron. Formula to calculate the mass of real, genuine, electrons that go through slits and do NOT cast shadows at all, but DO light up areas where the greatest number of them hit:

The zapped molecule hit the target just exactly like a photon (which has mass: 7 × 10−17 eV) Photons go through the slit thing exactly like Tommy Y. figured out 218 years ago -- in waves that are either brighter (where they cluster at max-tops) or darker (where they cluster on minimums).

Get ready, it's almost over. (I taught electronics for a while.)

The 2000 atoms clumped together to form a molecule were zapped by the scientoy. BLAM. Hit the target in the exact pattern demonstrated to be that of something "real" (like a photon or electron) traveling through the slits. Just like photons and just like electrons. Sitting there, BEING MEASURED. Just like photons and electrons can be measured. Only... the original 2000atom big molecule still remained sitting where it started. And the target was recording it hitting said target.

Now there were clearly two of them some distance apart. Until they turned the zapper off.

Best I can do, bro.

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
yeah, like right. then if a shadow is matter then pick it up.
michael -- You are sincere and I see that I cannot get you to understand. I'll leave it at that.

Nope. I gotta try once more. We have known about this since 1801. Honest. We KNOW electrons have weight and mass. We KNOW photons have weight and mass.

This is what Thomas Young determined was going on:

"...first performed by the English physicist and physician Thomas Young in 1801. In this experiment, Young identified the phenomenon called interference. Observing that when light from a single source is split into two beams, and the two beams are then recombined, the combined beam shows a pattern of light and dark fringes, Young concluded that the fringes result from the fact that when the beams recombine their peaks and troughs may not be in phase (in step). When two peaks coincide they reinforce each other, and a line of light results; when a peak and a trough coincide they cancel each other, and a dark line results."

These are not "shadows". They are areas on a target that are being hit in waves. And the waves are caused by either reinforcement (overlay) at a peak or canceling at a trough.

This is centuries old stuff. The NEW stuff is that these guys took a MOLECULE (Hydrogen is a molecule) and jazzed it with their sexy toy.

The molecule hit the target just exactly like an electron (which has mass***). That means one thing only: The molecule traveled in a wave just exactly like an electron. Formula to calculate the mass of real, genuine, electrons that go through slits and do NOT cast shadows at all

The molecule hit the target just exactly like a photon (which has mass: 7 × 10−17 eV) Photons go through the slit thing like Tommy Y. figured out 218 years ago -- in waves that are either brighter (where they cluster at tops) or darker (where they cluster on minimums).

Get ready, it's almost over. (I taught electronics for a while.)

The 2000-atoms clumped together to form a molecule were zapped by the scientoy. BLAM. Hit the target in the exact patter demonstrated to be that of something "real" (like a photon or electron") traveling through the slits. Just like photons and just like electrons. Sitting there, BEING MEASURED. Just like photons and electrons can be measured. Only... the original 2000atom big molecule remained sitting where it started.

Now there were clearly two of them some distance apart.

Best I can do, bro.
I'll pick up the shadow if he can grab the light and put it in his rucksack.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
nick now that was nasty. But given the current leathernecks responding to this debauchery then it is a 'why not.'

Now Walt, do you actually think all that you typed is correct? Annywhoooo's, a bit of good news today....was just told that the city Attorney got fired. My hand deliver-er said he was told to go fuck off and find the new city Attorney.

So, as you can see Walt...I am laughing my ass off here...and, am out of beer.....socks are blue: that is French for dirty socks.