• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Things in my life that absolutely perfect for the purpose.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Japanese Green Bell nail clippers

I went through life using $2-$3 nail clippers until I discovered by accident that there are clippers out there that are an order of magnitude better. What do I mean by better? Far sharper, easier to handle, cuts cleaner, cuts easier and, as is consistent in all of the gear that I am really attracted to, a hard to precisely define quality feel.

My wife discovered my clippers and would constantly come and borrow them whenever she needed them. But she has never developed the habit of EVER putting anything back where it belongs, so my clippers were constantly lost. So I had to buy a set for her but she misplaces them and still gets mine because she knows EXACTLY where they are. My wife was flight crew on a Naval transport aircraft a number of years back and I have no idea how she survived that environment with those habit patterns.

Not saying that the Green Bell brand is the only really good upscale brand but they are certainly in that category.

BTW: The toe nail clippers are Green Bell-G 1008. If you search for them, they will show up as selling in the $35-$45 range but Amazon sells them for $19.

View attachment 189889
Japanese cutting implement? Im in!

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Japanese Green Bell nail clippers

I went through life using $2-$3 nail clippers until I discovered by accident that there are clippers out there that are an order of magnitude better. What do I mean by better? Far sharper, easier to handle, cuts cleaner, cuts easier and, as is consistent in all of the gear that I am really attracted to, a hard to precisely define quality feel.

My wife discovered my clippers and would constantly come and borrow them whenever she needed them. But she has never developed the habit of EVER putting anything back where it belongs, so my clippers were constantly lost. So I had to buy a set for her but she misplaces them and still gets mine because she knows EXACTLY where they are. My wife was flight crew on a Naval transport aircraft a number of years back and I have no idea how she survived that environment with those habit patterns.

Not saying that the Green Bell brand is the only really good upscale brand but they are certainly in that category.

BTW: The toe nail clippers are Green Bell-G 1008. If you search for them, they will show up as selling in the $35-$45 range but Amazon sells them for $19.

View attachment 189889
Doing a search now...lol -

These clippers have a wider gap between the blades, so it is easier to control the clippers and position them to clip just what you want. I've used sharper clippers, but they are sharp enough to get the job done. What makes this clippers really special is their ergonomics. The design makes the grip on these clippers steady and sure. You get a sense of positive control when you hold them. They are notably larger than most clippers, but this contributes to the steady, sure grip. There may be better clippers on the market (and I tried a number), but I don't know what they are. They are worth the price and I'd buy them again.
Verified Purchase
I would recommend this clipper if you are an 800 pound gorilla with enormous meaty sausage fingers and you don't actually like trimming your nails very short. If you are normal-sized human creature I would look elsewhere.
:snowboard: :D

KnowWhy

The other guys in my family use toe clippers on their fingers exactly for the gorilla size. I just ordered four sets.

For guys with chainsaws actually cutting wood: Get a skip-tooth chain

Good tweezers: Tweezerman

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I picked up two, one for me and one for the wife as we have separate bathrooms...she doesn't know it yet so I may have one unused for sale at some point lol
Almost freezing water on the keester in the winter will probably not be
The other guys in my family use toe clippers on their fingers exactly for the gorilla size. I just ordered four sets.

Good tweezers: Tweezerman
yep, made in Italy.

tweezer.jpg

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I have used Stihl and Oregon chains, but for me the best is Woodland Pro Semi-chisel. Sometimes the wood chips come so fast and hard, I feel them hitting my pant leg.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
View attachment 187935 View attachment 187934

Stanley Ratchet screwdriver and Victorinox pocket knife.

I bought the screwdriver about 20y ago, on a whim, and its been used a lot. I got paranoid about 10y ago and bought another. It is still in its packaging. I'm really surprised that mine is still working and the ratchet sounds and feels like when it was new.

I carry a Swiss Army knife where ever I go. One feature I really like is that the screwdriver bits lock in place when pressed down on. Only down-side is that I've 'given away' about 4 at customs, when I'm flying. Always forget to put it in my luggage, and always feel like a criminal when the beeping starts.

Had to edit. I almost forgot about my Mitutoyo 150mm Vernier Caliper that I inherited from my Dad, 30y ago.

Golden Regards
Uncle
PS. Cool topic Tom.
I have that same type of driver. I received it as a gift and thought thanks, but it will never hold up. It's older than my teenager and still going strong.

I have learned, the hard way, to appreciate good tools. They are worth spending the extra frn's on. When you need them, they are worth their weight in gold.

I have bent and mangled so many cheap tools.

If I need to give an example, I will go with the pressure washer I bought at Sam's Club a few years ago. It has a Mitsubishi engine on it. Cranks every time I need it without issues. The one I owned before it was a lemon from the start. I also have an Echo weedeater and chainsaw that work in the same manner.

When I need a tool, I will try to find a good one. Settling for a cheaper one usually costs me more in the long run.

offourse2

Seeker
Seeker
Aftco Original fishing shorts MO1. I have a couple pairs that at 20 years old are starting to show wear. I have worn them while it seemed i was swimming in tuna blood and no stains even the white ones and the pliers pocket is actually usable. On the subject of bidets my ex was french and insisted one one when we built the farm. I came to love it on hot sweaty days here in central Florida, like a quick shower when your junk is all sticking.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I don't know what it is with me but it seems every time I find the perfect item it abruptly becomes discontinued. I wish I was making this up and it drives me freaking nuts! Its a bit disconcerning as it just happened 2 days ago again I went in looking for a product and they said you might find it over on the clearance shelf I thought, "you've got to be kidding me!"

My mind has been occupied with the opposite thoughts Tom. I hope you (edit: 'I have had' talk to text)had more brand new stuff break or be the wrong thing recently that it's left me with no other choice but to expect everything that comes across my path will fall apart,break, have missing components or have some other manufacturing defect.

I know there's a couple things that meet the criteria of your initial question but they won't come to mind until later so I'll check in then.

In conclusion nowadays when I find something I will really like I buy as many or as much as possible because I just know that the next time after that that I can back to look for it they're going to say "sorry we don't stock that anymore." You wouldn't believe me if I told you how many times does this happen to me, I van hardly believe it myself.
I’m the same way. I noticed, quite awhile ago, that it seemed that everything I liked and that had good value or was built well would get discontinued or cheapened up, so I am at the point that if I find any product of any kind that is real quality, I buy multiples, because you never know when it’s going to become unavailable. Guns, knives, flashlights, tools of all kind, kitchenware, you name it; everything in multiples. I have a 2011 Forester that I really like a lot, so I’m even considering getting an extra for when this one eventually goes bust. Though it seems like it’s going to run forever.

If you think about it, it’s like a secondary savings account. Quality tools and useful household items of all kinds will always have value. Like buying gold and silver, you always have your money, if you ever need it. I’ve bought knives over the years that have gone up four times in value, so it’s like a savings account with interest. Guns too. Browning Hi-Powers were just over $300 when I started buying them and were selling for about $1,000, before they were discontinued, last year. Who knows what they’re worth now? Even flashlights that I paid $25-$30 for are going for well over $100. You just have to buy right. Just go for the quality stuff.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I’m the same way. I noticed, quite awhile ago, that it seemed that everything I liked and that had good value or was built well would get discontinued or cheapened up, so I am at the point that if I find any product of any kind that is real quality, I buy multiples, because you never know when it’s going to become unavailable. Guns, knives, flashlights, tools of all kind, kitchenware, you name it; everything in multiples. I have a 2011 Forester that I really like a lot, so I’m even considering getting an extra for when this one eventually goes bust. Though it seems like it’s going to run forever.

If you think about it, it’s like a secondary savings account. Quality tools and useful household items of all kinds will always have value. Like buying gold and silver, you always have your money, if you ever need it. I’ve bought knives over the years that have gone up four times in value, so it’s like a savings account with interest. Guns too. Browning Hi-Powers were just over $300 when I started buying them and were selling for about $1,000, before they were discontinued, last year. Who knows what they’re worth now? Even flashlights that I paid $25-$30 for are going for well over $100. You just have to buy right. Just go for the quality stuff.
I'm pretty certain that it was this site and one of our wise Warriors who posted that if you have two you have one and if you have one you have none. There could not be a truer statement at least for me. You could say I'm a bit on the rough and tumble side so things tend to get pushed to their limits around me and most stuff in my possession will wear out or break eventually.

Last edited:

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Dollar shave club is another I'd recommend. I only shave 4-5 times a month. I had a subscription to the twin blade for about six years. I cut them off this month because I have enough blades to last a lifetime. The twin handle is a little janky so I ordered ten extra to get me through the use off all blades. The twin is the way to go. F@%^ Gillette and all the others with their stupid expensive often discontinued blades and man hating ads.

Dollar shave club is another I'd recommend. I only shave 4-5 times a month. I had a subscription to the twin blade for about six years. I cut them off this month because I have enough blades to last a lifetime. The twin handle is a little janky so I ordered ten extra to get me through the use off all blades. The twin is the way to go. F@%^ Gillette and all the others with their stupid expensive often discontinued blades and man hating ads.

BINGO !!!

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I get your peeve with Gillette. When I was a kid growing up, Gillette represented quality, manly stuff. And back then, they built quality stuff to last for a long, long time. All you had to do was take reasonably good care of it. The Gillette Fatboy razor started production the year I was born, 1958. I remember my Dad had one. I wanted one, too, but I was too young to shave and they were discontinued before I was old enough.
Fast forward to today and like I said, if you took good care of a Gillette Fatboy, it lasted. You can find them on eBay for reasonable prices, sometimes. So, I have a couple and they shave great. They’re adjustable for blade exposure to nine different settings and finding blades is easy. There are dozens of blade makers. And the best part is the ones I have will be shaving people, long after I’m dead and Gillette won’t be making any money on those people, either. All their money was made back when they cared about their customers and made good stuff.
Oh yeah, I have a couple. All you have to do when you get them from an eBay sale is clean them up good and disinfect them, polish them a bit, if you like and just get ready for a good, old fashioned shave.
241052D9-78A8-42D6-A675-BA1717C2D83A.jpeg
1FA52F68-1CEE-4C22-8C4F-9900C3181A92.jpeg

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I get your peeve with Gillette. When I was a kid growing up, Gillette represented quality, manly stuff. And back then, they built quality stuff to last for a long, long time. All you had to do was take reasonably good care of it. The Gillette Fatboy razor started production the year I was born, 1958. I remember my Dad had one. I wanted one, too, but I was too young to shave and they were discontinued before I was old enough.
Fast forward to today and like I said, if you took good care of a Gillette Fatboy, it lasted. You can find them on eBay for reasonable prices, sometimes. So, I have a couple and they shave great. They’re adjustable for blade exposure to nine different settings and finding blades is easy. There are dozens of blade makers. And the best part is the ones I have will be shaving people, long after I’m dead and Gillette won’t be making any money on those people, either. All their money was made back when they cared about their customers and made good stuff.
Oh yeah, I have a couple. All you have to do when you get them from an eBay sale is clean them up good and disinfect them, polish them a bit, if you like and just get ready for a good, old fashioned shave.
View attachment 190086 View attachment 190087
I've got a buddy who gets ingrown hairs and bumps and has a lot of trouble with most razors. He found one of those while rummaging and now swears by it.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I've got a buddy who gets ingrown hairs and bumps and has a lot of trouble with most razors. He found one of those while rummaging and now swears by it.
Very cool. What’s his favorite blade maker, if you know? I’m still going through my variety pack, looking for a favorite. I only shave once every five days, on average and the fifty blade variety pack has lasted a long time. I usually get about three or four good shaves out of a blade. So far, the best I’ve used is a Russian blade called Voskhod, believe it or not.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I got another one for ya...

I bought a couple of these and have him laying around for a little bit and then one day I needed it for something and I went to use it and surprised by what it was able to do I started to experiment with it and I was soon singing out loud at homemade freestyle jingle about what a wonderful addition this was on my life (laughing). I keep one in the laundry room to grab those random socks with temporary wings.

Thinking about it I would say it gets its most used when I'm sitting down at night after work and my legs and feet have already been overworked. And it's super simple mundane things but it was under those conditions that I realized how much mental energy as well as physical energy it's saved me not having to get up just to grab this or grab that. And when I say experimented with the tool I basically went around finding the largest and heaviest items that you could grab and I'm saying for the price that these cost they're unbeatable.

Only once, just the other day, did I over work it and the mechanism at the top came apart(dowel/hole) but I was able to just put it back together and fortify it with some tape and it's working fine.

With a coupon these things are like $2

I'm sure higher end ones are much much better but I don't have a need for one of those in this is my purpose perfectly.

61413_W3.jpg

https://www.harborfreight.com/36-in-pickup-and-reach-tool-62176.html

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I like “Feather” platinum coated. Japan steel and sharpness.
I’m saving those for last, from my variety pack. I have a couple Wilkinson’s to try, then the Feather’s. I heard they’re legendary.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Very cool. What’s his favorite blade maker, if you know? I’m still going through my variety pack, looking for a favorite. I only shave once every five days, on average and the fifty blade variety pack has lasted a long time. I usually get about three or four good shaves out of a blade. So far, the best I’ve used is a Russian blade called Voskhod, believe it or not.
Screenshot_20201122-192520~2.png

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Dr Squatch soap especially their Pine Tar soap. I am new to the whole 100% natural no dyes no perfumes soap world but I am hooked now. Dr Squatch's internet advertisements are funny and I figured what the hell I'll spend $20 and try it. Frickin' awesome stuff!

I work in a plastic factory and get sweaty and dirty every day and the pine tar cuts the funk like no soap I have ever used. Being all natural my skin loves it. How it can clean so good but not dry out your skin is pretty amazing. All their soaps have their own natural fragrance to them but not that cheap synthetic french whore perfume smell that modern chemical soaps leave on you.

Seriously look at what modern soaps are made of. You'll gag.

Pine tar is awesome, gold moss scrub and cedar citrus are good when I'm not cleaning off a layer of sweat crust.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Dr Squatch soap especially their Pine Tar soap. I am new to the whole 100% natural no dyes no perfumes soap world but I am hooked now. Dr Squatch's internet advertisements are funny and I figured what the hell I'll spend $20 and try it. Frickin' awesome stuff!

I work in a plastic factory and get sweaty and dirty every day and the pine tar cuts the funk like no soap I have ever used. Being all natural my skin loves it. How it can clean so good but not dry out your skin is pretty amazing. All their soaps have their own natural fragrance to them but not that cheap synthetic french whore perfume smell that modern chemical soaps leave on you.

Pine tar is awesome, gold moss scrub and cedar citrus are good when I'm not cleaning off a layer of sweat crust.

That Pine Tar soap is good stuff, but they put sand in it. The first bar of it I had, there was a piece of sand so big, it gouged the top of my head. It was great, other than that.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
That Pine Tar soap is good stuff, but they put sand in it. The first bar of it I had, there was a piece of sand so big, it gouged the top of my head. It was great, other than that.
Yeah it is kind of scratchy at times! I rub the bar on my head first too then switch to a loofah sponge. As long as you keep the bar out of the water stream and let it dry good after showering they last me over 2 weeks. Pine tar soap is really good for your skin it's been used for hundreds of years.

If you like pine tar soap give this one a try. It's made in Michigan and has a subtle natural mint smell to it. The bars are big and fat and last a really long time too. I keep both squatch and traverse bay pine tar around and switch between using them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pine-Tar-w...056448?hash=item41fd826900:g:VeIAAOSwUElclBNh

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Here is another pine tar soap on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/332767379742

FYI, any homemade soap is going to be better for your skin, because the glycerin stays in the soap. It is freed from the fat when the lye converts the fatty acids into soap. Glycerin is a natural moisturizer.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yeah it is kind of scratchy at times! I rub the bar on my head first too then switch to a loofah sponge.
Your reputation just went down 17 notches! :dduck::winks2:

Not hard to make your own soap at home at all. Lady in our bee club did a demo. Gave me a bar & it was good.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Back to the OP, Tom you'll like this one. I've been using it for many years and I'm using it this week!

This is my go to deer rifle, a customized 1916 Spanish Mauser. It ain't pretty but it's a rugged, proven, tack driving killer. Where and how this rifle started it's service life and it's original caliber I have no idea. I do know it was re barreled in .308 or most likely 7.62 NATO in the 1950's. It was bought by my old boss in a lot of 5 rifles for probably around $75 each.

Dale fancied himself a gunsmith and he was going to customize them and sell 'em for a profit. He did a good job heating and bending down the bolt handles and turning down the barrels so they are straight on the sides and not stepped down like many old military bolt rifles. Then he blued them all pretty and put them in unfinished, glass bedded sporter stocks.

My Dad stained and finished the stock and it looks pretty good, except that the wood on one side is thicker than the other. I was told a belt sander was needed for that and he didn't have one. So it sat around for years not being used until I got a project idea after a good friends wife said she was sick of getting kicked silly by the big rifles they use on mule deer and elk in Colorado.

Can a light weight 30 caliber rifle be made to not kick? I started to research that and yes it can be done and a 308 is a perfect match for it.

First step was to bring it to a gunsmith and have him test it for bad steel, brittle receiver etc. Does it check out as safe? Yep, said the barrel was excellent quality and looked new. Receiver and bolt are solid and show no cracks, but use some common sense and don't handload cannon shells and run them through by the hundred. Point taken, it's a old gun. I use 150 grain core locked Remington rounds in the green box.

Next she was sent to Mag-na-port in Harrison Charter Township, MI. There they cut the barrel down to 16.5 inches, reverse threaded it and machined a muzzle break out of the cut off barrel. They did a beautiful job and although I forget how much it cost it I remember it was very reasonable. They also stress relieved and blued the finished barrel and receiver.

After I got it all back I bought a drop in trigger kit with a safety on it, I don't remember what brand it is. Timney maybe? Doesn't matter now it's an awesome trigger. It's topped with a late 1980's vintage 3x9 Tasco WA or TV screen scope as we used to call them, made in Japan.

So why is this rifle perfect for it's purpose? It's light, it carries and points more naturally than any rifle I have ever shot. It doesn't kick, hell it kicks less than my wife's .243. It's short so it's perfect for slogging through brush or sitting in a blind. It's not pretty so rain snow and scratches are not a worry. As you can see my neck of the woods does not offer long shots, 100 yards is a long shot here.

And it blows deer right off their frickin' feet. I never shoot more than once and the view through my scope is like the hand of God reaches down and swats the deer flat.

I have several rifles I could use for deer hunting. Marlin .444, Winchester 94 30-30, a beautiful Winchester model 70 in 308. Others.

But I always use this one. And it always does exactly what it's supposed to do.

zcrop1.jpg

B-54.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser_Model_1893

:meditation:

Last edited:

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Dude, that commercial where the guy starts off by fliging the plate at the tree, is in my opinion likely the best ad I've ever seen. Just did a quick search and I can't find it

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Back to the OP, Tom you'll like this one. I've been using it for many years and I'm using it this week!

This is my go to deer rifle, a customized 1916 Spanish Mauser. It ain't pretty but it's a rugged, proven, tack driving killer. Where and how this rifle started it's service life and it's original caliber I have no idea. I do know it was re barreled in .308 or most likely 7.62 NATO in the 1950's. It was bought by my old boss in a lot of 5 rifles for probably around $75 each.

Dale fancied himself a gunsmith and he was going to customize them and sell 'em for a profit. He did a good job heating and bending down the bolt handles and turning down the barrels so they are straight on the sides and not stepped down like many old military bolt rifles. Then he blued them all pretty and put them in unfinished, glass bedded sporter stocks.

My Dad stained and finished the stock and it looks pretty good, except that the wood on one side is thicker than the other. I was told a belt sander was needed for that and he didn't have one. So it sat around for years not being used until I got a project idea after a good friends wife said she was sick of getting kicked silly by the big rifles they use on mule deer and elk in Colorado.

Can a light weight 30 caliber rifle be made to not kick? I started to research that and yes it can be done and a 308 is a perfect match for it.

First step was to bring it to a gunsmith and have him test it for bad steel, brittle receiver etc. Does it check out as safe? Yep, said the barrel was excellent quality and looked new. Receiver and bolt are solid and show no cracks, but use some common sense and don't handload cannon shells and run them through by the hundred. Point taken, it's a old gun. I use 150 grain core locked Remington rounds in the green box.

Next she was sent to Mag-na-port in Harrison Charter Township, MI. There they cut the barrel down to 16.5 inches, reverse threaded it and machined a muzzle break out of the cut off barrel. They did a beautiful job and although I forget how much it cost it I remember it was very reasonable. They also stress relieved and blued the finished barrel and receiver.

After I got it all back I bought a drop in trigger kit with a safety on it, I don't remember what brand it is. Timney maybe? Doesn't matter now it's an awesome trigger. It's topped with a late 1980's vintage 3x9 Tasco WA or TV screen scope as we used to call them, made in Japan.

So why is this rifle perfect for it's purpose? It's light, it carries and points more naturally than any rifle I have ever shot. It doesn't kick, hell it kicks less than my wife's .243. It's short so it's perfect for slogging through brush or sitting in a blind. It's not pretty so rain snow and scratches are not a worry. As you can see my neck of the woods does not offer long shots, 100 yards is a long shot here.

And it blows deer right off their frickin' feet. I never shoot more than once and the view through my scope is like the hand of God reaches down and swats the deer flat.

I have several rifles I could use for deer hunting. Marlin .444, Winchester 94 30-30, a beautiful Winchester model 70 in 308. Others.

But I always use this one. And it always does exactly what it's supposed to do.

View attachment 190247

View attachment 190228

Nice.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Your reputation just went down 17 notches! :dduck::winks2:

Not hard to make your own soap at home at all. Lady in our bee club did a demo. Gave me a bar & it was good.
17 eh'?:secret:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Dude, that commercial where the guy starts off by fliging the plate at the tree, is in my opinion likely the best ad I've ever seen. Just did a quick search and I can't find it
There is another really good dr squatch ad with a woman in it and I can't find it.
EDIT: Link to the dr squatch website soap for everyone ad ~~~ https://drsquatch.com/pages/soap-for-everyone

The video you mentioned is here:

Last edited:

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
There is another really good dr squatch ad with a woman in it and I can't find it.

Nice job! Its farking brilliant.
It grabs your attention right away as you see a plate flying through the air, crash into a tree with a satisfying shatter. Then they yank the pole and sink that hook in deep S they go right into captivating, suspenseful dialog...

IT'S NOT EVEN REAL SOAP!...Stop marinating your man meat in un-Holy ingredients that are harmful to your well being, body and sperm count."

I mean, farkin blammo! Marketing department.

The manscaping thing has a pretty good approach and strategy too.but nowhere near as entertaining as this. But I wouldn't use any of that stuff but I would use the soap.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Its the little purchases that feel like victories to me.
Was at Home Cheapo last week and as I was checking scanned their flyer and noticed some really good deals.

One item in particular caught my eye so I finished checking out, walked back to the other end of the store and found what I was looking for.
If memory serves the flyer talked about them being part of the Black Friday sales but ito me it seemed a bit early however the setup was in the past, which is a small area by the tools/lumber with a bunch of cardboard displays with various items.

So long story short I picked up a package containing two of these lights, each including three double A batteries for $10! I put it to use couple days after I bought it while I was at a job and it got dark when I was trying to take a picture for the client.

Now I have one at home and really want to go back and buy several more because imo this deal is absolutely unbeatable and as the title suggests, is absolutely perfect for my needs.

Has 2 settings, bright and not so bright. No stupid strobe.

Highly recommend
As you can see from the picture it has a nice stiff hook that has a notched path of travel so that it will stay in any of those positions Karma the magnets, and the slot to hang with a screw Etc. They feel well built and solid and they look pretty darn great. Nice and simple No Frilly BS. Great gift imo.

Ps: I threw the packaging away and I don't remember what the stated Lumen output was but regardless I was quite surprised at how bright one of these was when I first turned it on and was very pleased to see that it would function as a job site light and a much better option than the $50 LEDs that I had been eyeing

20201124_150547~2.jpg
20201124_150614~2.jpg
20201124_150738~3.jpg

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

But I always use this one. And it always does exactly what it's supposed to

Sounds like a perfect rifle. I wish I could convince my 10 younger brother that .300 magnum calibers simply aren't necessary for Georgia or even Kansas deer hunting. His main hunting buddy shoots .300 Weatherby Mag.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Its the little purchases that feel like victories to me.
Was at Home Cheapo last week and as I was checking scanned their flyer and noticed some really good deals.

One item in particular caught my eye so I finished checking out, walked back to the other end of the store and found what I was looking for.
If memory serves the flyer talked about them being part of the Black Friday sales but ito me it seemed a bit early however the setup was in the past, which is a small area by the tools/lumber with a bunch of cardboard displays with various items.

So long story short I picked up a package containing two of these lights, each including three double A batteries for $10! I put it to use couple days after I bought it while I was at a job and it got dark when I was trying to take a picture for the client.

Now I have one at home and really want to go back and buy several more because imo this deal is absolutely unbeatable and as the title suggests, is absolutely perfect for my needs.

Has 2 settings, bright and not so bright. No stupid strobe.

Highly recommend
As you can see from the picture it has a nice stiff hook that has a notched path of travel so that it will stay in any of those positions Karma the magnets, and the slot to hang with a screw Etc. They feel well built and solid and they look pretty darn great. Nice and simple No Frilly BS. Great gift imo.

Ps: I threw the packaging away and I don't remember what the stated Lumen output was but regardless I was quite surprised at how bright one of these was when I first turned it on and was very pleased to see that it would function as a job site light and a much better option than the $50 LEDs that I had been eyeing

View attachment 190351 View attachment 190352 View attachment 190353
LED lights are amazingly cheap these days. I found a similar deal at Harbor Freight when I went to pick up one of their rolling tool boxes- those are pretty good quality too by the way- and very affordable. They had a special on some lights similar to what you got with the batteries included too. Can't remember but I think they were $4.99 or so. Like yours they had 4 neodymium magnets for sticking in a variety of positions, and hooks, folding and all that, so I grabbed 3 of them. Figured the batteries were worth most of that. They are super bright and efficient. The odd thing is, when I went to the checkout with the lights they said that for $2.29 or something like that- each, I could get a 2 year warrantee for them- for the lights! Seriously? I had to do a double take on that and asked her what I was paying for buying the lights! Thought she was joking. "$4.99(?)" Even the guy behind me at the checkout got a kick out of that. Yeah, no thanks...