• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Things in my life that absolutely perfect for the purpose.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Its the little purchases that feel like victories to me.
Was at Home Cheapo last week and as I was checking scanned their flyer and noticed some really good deals.

One item in particular caught my eye so I finished checking out, walked back to the other end of the store and found what I was looking for.
If memory serves the flyer talked about them being part of the Black Friday sales but ito me it seemed a bit early however the setup was in the past, which is a small area by the tools/lumber with a bunch of cardboard displays with various items.

So long story short I picked up a package containing two of these lights, each including three double A batteries for $10! I put it to use couple days after I bought it while I was at a job and it got dark when I was trying to take a picture for the client.

Now I have one at home and really want to go back and buy several more because imo this deal is absolutely unbeatable and as the title suggests, is absolutely perfect for my needs.

Has 2 settings, bright and not so bright. No stupid strobe.

Highly recommend
As you can see from the picture it has a nice stiff hook that has a notched path of travel so that it will stay in any of those positions Karma the magnets, and the slot to hang with a screw Etc. They feel well built and solid and they look pretty darn great. Nice and simple No Frilly BS. Great gift imo.

Ps: I threw the packaging away and I don't remember what the stated Lumen output was but regardless I was quite surprised at how bright one of these was when I first turned it on and was very pleased to see that it would function as a job site light and a much better option than the $50 LEDs that I had been eyeing

View attachment 190351 View attachment 190352 View attachment 190353
These critters right here?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant...lity-Light-with-Magnet-2-Pack-90106/312958009

I am a big fan of home depot's Husky tools, especially their ratcheting wrenches. Break one and they give you another one no receipt or BS needed.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
These critters right here?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant...lity-Light-with-Magnet-2-Pack-90106/312958009

I am a big fan of home depot's Husky tools, especially their ratcheting wrenches. Break one and they give you another one no receipt or BS needed.

Me too. Although i did receive bs when returning a pair of end snip pliers whos steel broke after a few uses. I don't remember what the *blank said, but she did let me get a new one in the end. Maybe some tools have a limited warranty that's my vague recollection .

I'm still using a open-faced Husky tool bag and ended up giving a second one to a buddy of mine and he beat it up real good but those have been great I've got a bunch of husky stuff for work. Halogen lights those nice Fastener organizer that tear open like a tackle box man those are handy. love those
Oh and those giant rollong containers.... they ended up selling them cheap and I bought two and use one 4 hauling drum stuff. 2 gigs. And the quality of the Husky is better than any of the other ones imo. I've actually used it to stand on several times...and it's huge!

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

Me too. Although i did receive bs when returning a pair of end snip pliers whos steel broke after a few uses. I don't remember what the *blank said, but she did let me get a new one in the end. Maybe some tools have a limited warranty that's my vague recollection .

I'm still using a open-faced Husky tool bag and ended up giving a second one to a buddy of mine and he beat it up real good but those have been great I've got a bunch of husky stuff for work. Halogen lights those nice Fastener organizer that tear open like a tackle box man those are handy. love those
Oh and those giant rollong containers.... they ended up selling them cheap and I bought two and use one 4 hauling drum stuff. 2 gigs. And the quality of the Husky is better than any of the other ones imo. I've actually used it to stand on several times...and it's huge!

A lot of shooters use those to pack all their gear to a match. Maybe half of the people on the range will have some version of that rolling bin.

BackwardsEngineeer

Total curmudgeon
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
First world problems... 20 years ago whilst wondering through Williams Sonoma I stumbled upon a Compresso grind and brew coffee maker, it was like 299 on sale for 229. Mrs BE frowned and said no way were we spending that much $ on a mr coffee. So as the sales lady showed me how it ran the beans through a burr grinder, basket swung back by spring over the glass pot to drip the brew. Then she explained how WS guaranteed the purchase for life etc..

Finally convinced the mrs on one more of a lifetime of extravagant purchases and we bought one. Well once home and dialed in it sat on the counter and ground and ground and ground ... pot after pot. it became the foundation of the morning, waking to the sound of the grinder, hearing the spring swing the basket and finally smelling that morning smell of the first cup... it lost the display WS replaced it. We bought a second home MIL gave us one as a house warming gift, she had gotten just as fond of it and bought herself one... Lake place one quit heating WS replaced it. Until finally a couple years back they quit making them, went to a different style.... they finally quit heating well enough to maximize the fresh grounds...

1606308395631.png

So the mrs just bought us one of these... gotta say after all this time I'm not quite adjusted to the new brew, flavor is there just have this feeling like someone moved my cheese...

1606308862613.png

For all that time and then some have ordered coffee directly from CR and cafe britt.... many flavors and potency this is my favorite, same every morning!

1606309131878.png

the_shootist

Old (not THAT old), but dangerous, pasty white guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
FYI, my Tushy's arrived last night

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Last edited:

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
BB/AB - Life Before Biden/After Biden

bidet.jpg

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
No but I might now!!!

Edit: not for $30 bucks I'm not!
Go ahead and buy the shirt and then your answer to the question will be "raw and tender".

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Easy, put a cup of coffee on the top and hit the duplicate button.
Omg thats amazing! ...and naturally you hit the darken button for stronger brew and the lighten button for a lighter brew. Its simply brillant.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Shootie eat more roughage. We want our report! :piss:rotf:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Thanks to not being able to downsize pics taken on my phone to get them to upload onto this site, it would be quite a chore to post a pic of the four tools that I carry and use in almost every job so I'll just list them and post generic pics off the web photos.
30' tape measure
1606360139700.png

Utility knife that has a thumb release to change blades
1606360233074.png

Carpenters pencil
1606360315325.png

And the number one most favorite and versatile tool is, envelope please, a Hyde 6 in 1. It slices, it dices, it even pulls nails. Pops lids off of paint cans and cuts the rim to allow paint to drip back into the pail. (not sure why that isn't a built in feature)
1606360401080.png

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Thanks to not being able to downsize pics taken on my phone to get them to upload onto this site, it would be quite a chore to post a pic of the four tools that I carry and use in almost every job so I'll just list them and post generic pics off the web photos.
30' tape measure
View attachment 190475
View attachment 190476
Carpenters pencil
View attachment 190477
And the number one most favorite and versatile tool is, envelope please, a Hyde 6 in 1. It slices, it dices, it even pulls nails. Pops lids off of paint cans and cuts the rim to allow paint to drip back into the pail. (not sure why that isn't a built in feature)
View attachment 190479
I used this http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/upload

but some of the pictures would disappear after a while which led me to figure out how to do it on my new phone. By using the editing feature in either cropping a small piece of the picture or it does have an option to resize but also if you take a screenshot of your image that could/should work too.

I'd not too long ago fell in love with that scraper as well. I've got a hide and then a couple of Harbor Freight versions which I recommend their cheap blue handled putty knife sets.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
classic clock radios from 30-40 years ago. as a general rule the AM reception outperforms the modern versions in same price range

fee bay is full of them

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So couple months ago one of my DeWalt batteries decided to not work. I tried all I can with it as is so I'd like to get inside of it and see if I can make use of it. The problem is it's a Torx size of that I don't have, very small. So I wanted to get a set a small bits but didn't quite know where to get them and just kind of put it in the back of my mind, well sure enough, my patience paid off and scored more than i bargained for. Now that I think about it, it was the second item that I bought along with those lights at Home Cheapo d'udder day. Think it was $20.

Tried searchin online gave up heres mine. Haven't used it yet.

20201119_174003~2.jpg
20201119_173924~2.jpg

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
30' tape measure
View attachment 190475
View attachment 190476
Carpenters pencil
View attachment 190477
View attachment 190479
I used it to clean a couple expensive roller covers the other week, which is one of the things that round cut out is great for.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Shootie eat more roughage. We want our report! :piss:rotf:
Installed and tried it out last night. It hits all the right spots and, truth be told, it actually does work well. I laughed, I cried....but mostly I shivered because that water was coooold!

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Installed and tried it out last night. It hits all the right spots and, truth be told, it actually does work well. I laughed, I cried....but mostly I shivered because that water was coooold!
We don't want to know about shrinkage! :surrender:

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Wait a minute...the paint roller...is that what you use instead of the bidet?....an absorbent roller?!! Change your diet!
And then have to buy paint? I think not.

charlie1023

Silver Member
Silver Miner
BTW- re Cutco:

Since 1949, Cutco has proudly made high-quality kitchen knives and products in Olean, New York, and we are committed to keeping it that way.
SHOP AMERICAN MADE
Agree with everything you noted in your previous post especially about the scissors, those things are amazing, have two of them and use them inside and outside for everything under the sun. Highly recommend those if nothing else. BTW, have had 2 knives replaced when I sent them in for free sharpening and Cutco replaced them for free as part of their lifetime guarantee. Great company.

cameo

Silver Miner
I simply run the garden hose through the bathroom window and use THAT !! ............ it`s cheaper and does a damn good job !! Even got rid of my HEMORRHOIDS ...... :dancing guy:dancing guy:dancing guy:dancing guy:dancing guy:dancing guy

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
classic clock radios from 30-40 years ago. as a general rule the AM reception outperforms the modern versions in same price range

fee bay is full of them
Oh man and here I thought I was the only weirdo who buys old 90's radios because the new ones are shit.
Sony dream machine is the best freaking clock radio and you don't need a PHD in nerd to set one up. They last forever and even have a little battery in case to power goes out.

I bought 2 of these Sony under the counter kitchen radios off ebay and have one in each kitchen. Sure there are fancier ones but these little buggers work perfectly and will probably still be working fine after I'm gone. If you get one make sure it comes with the black mounting ring, many on ebay are missing it.

SONY ICF-C503 Kitchen Radio Under Cabinet TV/WEATHER/FM/AM

https://www.ebay.com/c/1624552478

Last edited:

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Oh man and here I thought I was the only weirdo who buys old 90's radios because the new ones are shit.
Sony dream machine is the best freaking clock radio and you don't need a PHD in nerd to set one up. They last forever and even have a little battery in case to power goes out.

I bought 2 of these Sony under the counter kitchen radios off ebay and have one in each kitchen. Sure there are fancier ones but these little buggers work perfectly and will probably still be working fine after I'm gone. If you get one make sure it comes with the black mounting ring, many on ebay are missing it.

presets! i'm jealous.

i'm going to have to get me one. of those. much more civilized than dialing the stations in every time

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
this little radio does great with weak AM signals -- it performs as well as my expensive sangean radios. can find this one new for 20 to 25 dollars if shop around

Panasonic RF-2400D

1606493220179.png

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Minerva Swiss Mechanical Measuring Rotometer,
1/8th, 1/4th, 1/2th, to a lft scale.
Finally my 30 year old ones bit the dust...I.E. someone ( again ) comes in and leans against the table and it slides off onto the floor.
Been sniping them on Ebay when I see them.
No batteries, no digital buttons to mis scale, etc.
That and the # 9 pencil, some colors and some paper.
Every day go to items. Old school.
20201127_111017.jpg

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

I just threw one of those away. It was in a condo I bought a few months ago.

Most people I know play music thru a television or stream it from a cell phone to a Bluetooth speaker.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
This thing is so old that there has probably been more than one replacement model released so, I doubt you'd ever find one.

But my Husqvarna 87521 RS mower just keeps chugging along. She's 14 years old and for most of her life, all Ive ever done is change the oil and replace the blade. Yeah of course, I occasionally replaced filters and similar "typical" things.

Last autumn, her pull cord finally broke so, as I was replacing that, I did her a favor and replaced anything and everything that looked like it was wearing out or a potential problem laying in wait.

I have a power line on the back of my property and I need to mow a path a "minimum of ten feet wide" from my fence line granting the utility company a right of way to access the lines.

It's just a field and this mower has handled everything that grows out there with the greatest of ease.

She takes a beating out there, it really chews up blades, and yet she just keeps on keeping on.

Hands down the best mower Ive ever owned.

I can't speak for other Husqvarna models, but if they're all made like this model, I have no reservations at all about recommending them.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I bought a new mower, a zero turn, late summer 2019. Its branded Craftsman but don't yet have enough hours on it to know what the reliability is going to be. I'll just say this about zero turns in general: I had about 20 minutes experience under my belt with this mower when I decided that no way in hell was I gonna ever have any other mower than a zero turn. And nothing in the last 1-1/2 years since has changed my mind.

Riverbend Gun Club, my club in N Georgia has a couple of thousand acres of property, of which at least 100-200 are in various ranges that have to be intensively cultivated. They swapped from bush hog tractors to a couple of zero turn diesel Kubotas about 10 years ago. The amount of time spent mowing immediately dropped by 60% or better and the finished product looks better.

Last edited:

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
been hooked on this stuff for a while now... it's an all-purpose lubricant and water displacer made by PB Blaster. Way better than WD-40 an 80% cheaper than fluid film. Let's pray this liberally on the underside of my lawn mower before I mow, on the underside components of my vehicles, clean Rusty tools with it and it's safe for electronics. Highly recommended. Oh and it smells of vanilla.

20201201_194049~3.jpg