• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Think you are fast with a gun?

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
What kind of gun is he using?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I'll play -- What kind?

walkingnam

Seeker
Reaction score
Either a ghost gun or a burp gun. Scares all the littles. If not scaring then concerning them.

I think that the only thing that may be faster is a gas gun.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Guy is Russian. Have seen a few vids of him before. Lightning fast on the draw

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Either a ghost gun or a burp gun. Scares all the littles. If not scaring then concerning them.

I think that the only thing that may be faster is a gas gun.
Is it a revolver or an autoloader?

TomD

Often wrong but never in doubt
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
At one point I was way better than average at wing shooting + skeet, trap and sporting clays. But that's a much different skill set than this guy shows. I'm still good at very long range shooting (1000 yards) with a rifle but there's nothing that's fast about that process.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I like this guy.. I wouldn't even get a chance to draw the gun... Start at the 53 second mark.

That dude always fascinated me. Even slo-mo cannot catch the recocking and cylinder rotation -- just one bang.

Every now and then the human race produces an individual with godlike shooting ability. Ad Toepperwein was one of them. I discovered him when I read the story of how he had boys throw two small pine blocks (2"x2") in the air. He began shooting, and after a while they ran out of new blocks, so they threw the smaller pieces up. Of 72,500, he missed nine! <--

He was not limited to one "trick". He could eject a shell from his Winchester repeating rifle and then hit the shell with a bullet before the shell hit the ground. Toepperwein went even further: He threw 5 eggs into the air, picked up his Winchester .22 rifle and shot all 5 eggs before they hit the ground.

Then he made it "difficult" -- He tossed 3 eggs in the air and shot each egg with a different rifle.

When I was 8 years old, I watched him shoot a 4'x2' sheet of copper with a Winchester autoloader. Almost as fast as a machine-gun, he made a perfect portrait of an Indian chief. o_O

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I like this guy.. I wouldn't even get a chance to draw the gun... Start at the 53 second mark.

Yep! This guy will never be beat on the fast draw. He's got a number of videos out there.

Last edited:

jrog100

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
That video plays in fast motion. maybe 2x normal speed.

Bob Munden was about as fast as there ever was.

walkingnam

Seeker
Reaction score
jrog100 don't forget about jerry mickulek (spelling) he was fast back in the day, and there were many more.

I remember Bob Munden using a .38 detective stub to his targets out at 100 yards.

You don't see american tour shooters on tv much anymore. I'm sure that we still have some amazing shooters.