• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

This is How You're Supposed To React...

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
"Opinion: If women's tennis has the courage to walk away from Chinese money, the rest of the sports world can, too."

If there was any sports league that had reason to kowtow to Chinese censorship and look the other way on human rights, it was the WTA. Over two months in the fall of 2019, the WTA sanctioned eight tournaments in China totaling almost $30 million in prize money, an amount that would be difficult to equal in other parts of the world.

When Ash Barty won the WTA Finals singles title, she took home $4.42 million — significantly more than the $2.6 million payday for winning the French Open earlier that year. For women’s tennis, the choice to park their tour in China between the U.S. Open and the Australian Open did not look like a luxury but rather a necessary element of doing business that made a lot of people a lot of money.

But in the wake of former Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai’s disappearance after she alleged that a former government official sexually assaulted her, the WTA is embracing a fundamental truth that the rest of sports has tried desperately to avoid. When it comes to China’s abuses, there are only two choices: Either you sign up for the lies or you walk away.

the mens sports franchises can use this opportunity to do the right thing...but those agents of theirs won't allow it...

engineear

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Money talks and bullshit walks...but, if ya talks bullshit we'll walks ya into never-never land, like we did to so many others.

Now, sign here for your adreanachrome and be still, the checks in the mail.

Ps...we know where you park your car and when your kid gets off school. That's a nice blue dress she wore today!

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Did I miss the part after her rant where she left the prize money on the table and walked away?

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I would play tennis with Adolf Hitler or Atilla the Hun for $1m as long as I was not shot or beheaded at the end of the match.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I would play tennis with Adolf Hitler or Atilla the Hun for $1m as long as I was not shot or beheaded at the end of the match.
Would you wear a dress? Cuz its only a matter of time until some <100 ranked male player decides to identify as female and proceeds to cleanup in the womens division. Millions.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Would you wear a dress? Cuz its only a matter of time until some <100 ranked male player decides to identify as female and proceeds to cleanup in the womens division. Millions.
No dress, I am a hetero capitalist. I would not sell my mother into white slavery either, but I would chase a ball for $. I do not begrudge pro sports for selling out to the chinks. It's when they try to tell me how to think is when the problem occurs.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
She said that afterward, he brought her into a room at the couple’s home and assaulted her.

“I was so frightened that afternoon, never thinking that this thing could happen,” her post said.

She added that the pair had sex once seven years ago and that she had developed feelings for Zhang at the time.Peng’s account of her alleged sex assault was removed about a half-hour after it was posted to her Chinese Wiebo account Nov. 2.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
that's probably a US strategy as the chinese wouldn't allow such shenanigans

get a World Court to agree with US and really drive them chinese outta their minds...shred communism through transgenderism

idk though, it seems risky

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
that's probably a US strategy as the chinese wouldn't allow such shenanigans

get a World Court to agree with US and really drive them chinese outta their minds...shred communism through transgenderism

idk though, it seems risky
I think I would vote for communism over transgenderism and take my chances.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I think I would vote for communism over transgenderism and take my chances.
idk, get one a them tranny's a new pair of cheap chinese shoes and a tube of red lipstick, that might be the easier route to take

idk...i suppose i really never wanna know

:summer:

again, i've got nothing better to do...lol

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Seems like the WTA has more balls than the men in the NBA.

:oops: