• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

this is what I have been going on about:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
If the government is just going to create virtual blips on a computer screen and calling that "money" why not just keep printing the colourful scraps of paper currently referred to as "money".
Gringott answered pretty good. I'll add that digital FRN's can be controlled as to who can use them and on what they can buy. Your purchasing power (the ability to buy and sell) may rest in someone else's hands. Worship me and I'll set your purchasing units free.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
Because digital FRNs can be tracked and taxed.
The paper FRNs can move fairly freely in small amounts without being tracked by FedGov.

The government has MUCH bigger concerns than "tracking" what people are buying. There's not going to be much to "track" because everyone is insolvent - - individuals and all levels of government included.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
Gringott answered pretty good. I'll add that digital FRN's can be controlled as to who can use them and on what they can buy. Your purchasing power (the ability to buy and sell) may rest in someone else's hands. Worship me and I'll set your purchasing units free.
When the US government is spending BILLIONS to guard the poppy/opium fields in Afghanistan, do you really think they're going to try and put a stop to street level narcotic sales?

Holding virtual currency units hostage would be the equivalent of declaring a "bank holiday" - - absolute chaos and rioting.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
When the US government is spending BILLIONS to guard the poppy/opium fields in Afghanistan, do you really think they're going to try and put a stop to street level narcotic sales?

Holding virtual currency units hostage would be the equivalent of declaring a "bank holiday" - - absolute chaos and rioting.
What I was trying to say was that if things were to progress to a point that a reset were to happen, and physical FRN's were to be replaced with a virtual currency, that there would probably be certain conditions you'd be expected to meet to be able to participate in the system. If things were to get bad enough I believe most people would welcome anything that would allow them to continue a normal life. Probably sing praises to the person who saved them from any suffering they were going through.

When you get down to the nitty gritty there is a push on for people to use plastic instead of cash. Around here I rarely see people paying for anything with cash. Probably more convenient to use plastic. Some interesting stuff on the war on cash here The War On Cash And Then On Gold .

As for street level drug sales...........no matter what type of system you have there are always going to have people who try to live out side of it. In this case I believe participation would be voluntary at first while cash was phased out and non-participants were vilified. Once every thing was in place non-participants would probably be given a choice to join in or face severe consequences.

BTW - this is just me thinking out loud. I'm not a fortune teller nor can I predict the future. Have to take things fwtw and dyodd.

Edited due to spelling.

Last edited:

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
What I was trying to say was that if things were to progress to a point that a reset were to happen, and physical FRN's were to be replaced with a virtual currency, that there would probably be certain conditions you'd be expected to meet to be able to participate in the system. If things were to get bad enough I believe most people would welcome anything that would allow them to continue a normal life. Probably sing praises to the person who saved them from any suffering they were going through.

When you get down to the nitty gritty there is a push on for people to use plastic instead of cash. Around here I rarely see people paying for anything with cash. Probably more convenient to use plastic. Some interesting stuff on the war on cash here The War On Cash And Then On Gold .

As for street level drug sales...........no matter what type of system you have there are always going to have people who try to live out side of it. In this case I believe participation would be voluntary at first while cash was phased out and non-participants were vilified. Once every thing was in place non-participants would probably be given a choice to join in or face severe consequences.

BTW - this is just me thinking out loud. I'm not a fortune teller nor can I predict the future. Have to take things fwtw and dyodd.

Edited due to spelling.
You and I live in two different worlds, my friend. I pay cash to trades and labourers way more often than I pay by debit or credit. One of the best dim sum restaurants in the city has a sign by the entrance that says "cash only" - - and they've got an ATM in the corner for anyone who needs it.

But most importantly, there's way too many people at the top of the political/financial/pharmaceutical food chain who depend on cash to fuel street level narcotic sales and funnel the profits to their various enterprises.

The entire system depends on cash.

The hooker who feeds her habit by selling sex to the family man - - do you think he's going to give his credit card information to her when he sneaks out for a quick blow job?

The hustler who steals luxury cars and sells them to the "businessman" to be shipped overseas - - do you think he's going to give his credit card information to the hustler?

The bankers who line their pockets by laundering drug/crime money - - do you think their going to give up their 25% cut?

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
chump had the answer to this problem. import tariff. so didnt matter if apple made their sh-t in vietnam and stored the proceeds in ireland. the import tariff charged them for playing these games. so no incentive for this crap --

but that talk disappeared right after the election. i supported him for tariff -- and for stopping the invasion (by ground and by air). highly disappointed that the import tariff died before it even started
President TRUMP has only been here less than a year. Patience, gratification is not "Instant" as so many wish.

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Jubilee or lots of people are literally going to die from a BS debt to some greed and control obsessed scumbags.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Edited due to spelling.
As I've said before. Cash will be with us until every person on the planet Earth has access to a totally FREE device with which to transfer and accept this "Electronic" currency. In other words "never".

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
If SS ever crashes, things will get very ugly.

In other countries, society teaches that the children are supposed to take care of their parents.

People expect government to do societies role too often. Now we are all slaves because of it.
I doubt SS will ever crash - the pols need the geezer vote. Always have - always will -
They'll just steal the money from elsewhere to keep it funded.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
And Scorp, this is what modern society in the USA has been going on about:

Try to make it to the 19 year old kid that can't read, he really speaks for his generation.

This is what instant media/instant gratification has produced.

Now? Can any of us expect a rational cure to this? It's just not going to happen.

{although that "cheese of truth" bit does have merit :D}

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
I doubt SS will ever crash - the pols need the geezer vote. Always have - always will -
They'll just steal the money from elsewhere to keep it funded.
It's a mathematical impossibility for social security to continue - - the government can create dollars out of thin air for a period of time but eventually BK is an absolute certainty.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I've been reading on other sites how bad it is to cut social programs so vote Democrat. People here say vote Republican so we can protect our tax dollars.
I think I understand what our 4 legged friend is saying. It's not the boomer's fault that we are where we are. It is all of our faults that we allow it to continue.