• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Thousands of barrels of Jim Beam bourbon burn in Kentucky

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Firefighters in Kentucky are trying to extinguish a burning Jim Beam warehouse filled with about 45,000 barrels of bourbon.

Author: The Associated Press
Published: 6:10 AM MDT July 3, 2019
Updated: 8:14 AM MDT July 3, 2019

VERSAILLES, Ky. — Firefighters in Kentucky are trying to extinguish a burning Jim Beam warehouse filled with about 45,000 barrels of bourbon.

Woodford County Emergency Management Director Drew Chandler tells WKYT-TV that two barrel warehouses caught fire late Tuesday. Crews were able to put one out, but the other kept burning for hours.

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
fires and building collapses, it's been a tough few years for some whiskey manufacturers

It would seem there will eventually be a light shortage of whiskey

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Wasn't a similar article posted last year? I recall someone mentioning it being a marketing scheme then.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
...It would seem there will eventually be a light shortage of whiskey
Good Bourbon Anyway.
There is a difference.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Good Bourbon Anyway.
There is a difference.
I knew someone would know the difference

I don't,
i do know, back when I drank with my buddies, most of it gets me putting lamp shades on my head while jumping from the second floor

i'm not a connoisseur, i'm more the drunk

oh the good old days, now it hurts to get outta bed in the afternoon

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I have mixing bourbon and sipping bourbon favorites and they're not the same. JB isn't on either of my lists. Like someone else here said, too sweet

kiffertom

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
Firefighters in Kentucky are trying to extinguish a burning Jim Beam warehouse filled with about 45,000 barrels of bourbon.

Author: The Associated Press
Published: 6:10 AM MDT July 3, 2019
Updated: 8:14 AM MDT July 3, 2019

VERSAILLES, Ky. — Firefighters in Kentucky are trying to extinguish a burning Jim Beam warehouse filled with about 45,000 barrels of bourbon.

Woodford County Emergency Management Director Drew Chandler tells WKYT-TV that two barrel warehouses caught fire late Tuesday. Crews were able to put one out, but the other kept burning for hours.
same shit happened to heaven hill years ago. those old dried out whiskey warehouses. its a wonder they dont burn down(up) more often! they have another huge big ass place in bardstown right off I-65!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Queue up the 'save our environment' fags...

https://weather.com/science/environment/news/2019-07-04-jim-beam-bourbon-kentucky-river-fire

Jim Beam Bourbon Pours Into Kentucky River After Blaze Destroys Rickhouse; Fire Continues to Burn
By The Associated Press
2 days ago
weather.com

Jim Beam Bourbon Pours Into Kentucky River
Meteorologist Danielle Banks has the latest on a Jim Beam warehouse that continues to burn while creating an environmental concern for nearby creeks that feed into the Kentucky River.
At a Glance
  • A fire destroyed a massive Jim Beam rickhouse filled with about 45,000 barrels of aging bourbon in Versailles, Kentucky.
  • Thousands of gallons of bourbon subsequently poured into the Kentucky River.
  • State officials are worried about the environmental impact of the runoff.
  • Ethanol fumes continue to burn.
A fire that destroyed a Jim Beam rickhouse filled with about 45,000 barrels of aging bourbon in Versailles, Kentucky, continued to burn Thursday and has sent runoff into nearby waterways.
Woodford County Emergency Management Director Drew Chandler said in a telephone interview the only thing left burning is ethanol fumes. Officials believe letting the fumes burn will have less environmental impact than spraying the fire with water, which could wash the bourbon into a nearby creek that flows into the Kentucky River.

An unknown amount of bourbon has already entered the water and was clearly visible on the Kentucky River on Wednesday. Officials from the Environmental Protection Agency have been on the scene since Thursday to help assess and contain the damage.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Moonshiner are on the river skimming the run-off up.
:secret: :beer:

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Sober 8+ years but I'm still crying...
aw come on, but before i say it, it seems some here like quitters...

No One Likes a Quitter

yeah right

silver solution

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I knew someone would know the difference

I don't,
i do know, back when I drank with my buddies, most of it gets me putting lamp shades on my head while jumping from the second floor

i'm not a connoisseur, i'm more the drunk

oh the good old days, now it hurts to get outta bed in the afternoon
Afternoon? It can be early evening for me.