• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Thousands of Cubans Protest Against Communist Regime; US Sending Team to Haiti

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Thousands of Cubans Protest Against Communist Regime; US Sending Team to Haiti​

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

Thousands of Cubans Protest Against Communist Regime; US Sending Team to Haiti​

Cuba has been a commie shithole for decades and I never gave that place a thought....NOW I'm supposed to care?
1626107887535.png

Last edited:

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see we still intend to take it back for the mob and bankers...

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
as always, fade the nyc media lies. watch the bank vipers

Cuba bars dollar cash deposits

Cuban banks ceased accepting US dollar cash deposits on June 21. The Central Bank of Cuba, which ordered the measure on June 10, blamed “financial persecution” by the US for the suspension. In the resolution enacting the policy, the central bank stated that the US “had reignited its economic war against the Cuban people”.

US sanctions had “impeded our country’s ability to deposit abroad US dollars collected in the national territory”. Cuba’s customs agency also stopped accepting US dollar cash

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score

The result of dollarizing the economy has been shortages and devaluation. Prices have shot up and inflation will probably reach a minimum of 500% and up to 900%, this year, said Pavel Vidal, a former economist at the Cuban Central Bank, who now works at the Universidad Javeriana in Cali, Colombia.

The Cuban government blames sanctions as a result of the US embargo for most of this, made worse during the Trump presidency. Then the COVID-19 pandemic ravaged the local tourism industry.

Additionally, in the last week the government announced it has a surplus of cash dollars it isn’t able to use internationally because of the embargo. Starting today, June 21, citizens can no longer take cash dollars (bought on the street or brought by family) to the banks to load up their magnetic cards, the only way to shop in the dollar stores. The only option is for family members to load up their cards from abroad.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
US Sending Team to Haiti
why? is there something they're not doing right? like their communism thing?

we got people here, can help them with that....for centuries, spreading criminality world wide, especially after the Brits and their royalty lost their taste for domination, there was a vacuum created and someone here filled it

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
That looks like at least a thousand cubans or so. they look pissed off to me.

:don't know:

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I haven't been keeping track of Cuba, what's the catalyst for the protests? Looks like the natives might have had enough.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Or this could be a street party....or a trump rally.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
They should have put up a statue of Ricky Ricardo. If both sides are corrupt, who do you choose? One should choose the people instead of an ever expanding all controlling government.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
it looks like the price of Cuban cigars will be going up now
Up at least 20% on most items and some it's a lot more. H.Upmann Royal Robustos are up to 195 for a box of 10. 2 or 3 years ago I was buying them for 110. Excellent cigars, then I couldn't find them for about a year and when they finally came back they were 160 a box and now 195. Thats from my favorite vendor overseas.
In Cuba prices are lower but the price list I use hasn't been updated since last year.