• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Thousands of Warrantless Seizures by the ATF

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I believe a lot of the seizures were for machine guns and parts. Some are rather odd like ammunition. Maybe the suspect involved was a felon not allowed to own firearms or ammunition.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I believe a lot of the seizures were for machine guns and parts.
I repeat:
Where in the 2ND does it prohibit any of that stuff ???

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
They're pushing for a reaction.

Eventually, there will be no choice BUT to react. And not with a lawsuit, either.

This is how a civilization ends. With a demented clown who is given dreams of a One-Party Rule through genocide.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I repeat:
Where in the 2ND does it prohibit any of that stuff ???

Not sure why you keep posting that. What if there was anything in the Constitution that prohibits owning something? So what?

Does the Constitution prohibit Citizens or governments, or both?

I guess some may say governments can enact laws that prohibit ownership of certain items, if it doesn’t exceed their Constitutionally delegated powers.

But if they do that, then why should anyone follow those laws?

The Constitution of No Authority Spooner, a lawyer, starts "No Authority" by examining its potential validity as a binding contract, pointing out that the U.S. Constitution could have no inherent, lasting authority, except as a contract between men, and that it only claims to be one between the people existing when it was written.

Quoting the famous preamble of the Constitution, Spooner then goes on to say that though it cites "posterity", it does not claim to have any power to bind that posterity.

He then compares the Constitution's authority to a corporation: The corporation can exist past the lifespan of its original owners, but only by people taking ownership of it voluntarily over time, not by some kind of forced ownership by descendants…

Even voting, Spooner argues, is not consensual itself, because each potential voter is faced with the choice of either voting, which makes him a master of others, or abstaining, which makes him a slave of those who do vote. And those whose supported candidate loses can't really be considered to have bindingly supported the Constitution, as they lost, and anyway some may vote specifically with the intent of undermining the Constitution.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Congress has the powers granted to it and nothing more. The constitution allows for congress to facilitate trade between the states and that's pretty much all.

Nowhere in the constitution is the federal government have the specified authority to prohibit. Anything. Man woman or child, animal vegetable or mineral

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
What I find most disturbing is the values they assign to most of these items. $150 for a Winchester model 1894, obviously they don't know jack about guns!

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
What I find most disturbing is the values they assign to most of these items.

If you're going to thieve, why not go all the way?