• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Tiger Woods Arrested for DUI

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
^^^ he wasn't drunk!

Impaired yes. Meds for back pain. He blew a 0.00.

And why did the pigs release that video. Privacy much? Man is having a hard time, he already pulled over with blinker on ( yes he shouldn't have been driving) and they broadcast his medical state to the world?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Privacy much? Man is having a hard time, he already pulled over with blinker on ( yes he shouldn't have been driving)
He wasn't driving at the time. He was parked there in the spot you see the car. Ie: halfway in the lane, halfway on the shoulder.

All the cops did was encounter the car parked like that. If you encountered a car parked like that with someone sleeping inside it, what would you think was wrong with them? If nothing else, it's an extremely un-safe place to park a car. It's entirely plausible we could be reading of a whole different incident. Ie: one where he was killed in a rear end collision that left us all wondering why he was parked in the road.
....and had they not done anything and just given him a ride home, they'd potentially be accused of favoritism because anyone else would have also gotten the treatment we see in the vid.

As for the video? Cop cams are supposed to be public record.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Even the non-shopped pic he looks wasted. They said he was on vikes and what else?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Sport inspires so many of us but it's laid waste to Tiger Woods' soul... he sacrificed almost everything in his pursuit of golfing greatness

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-4569300/Sport-inspires-s-laid-waste-Tiger-Woods.html#ixzz4jdQz6pKn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Tiger Woods 'checks into rehab to keep shared custody of his two children' after 3am DUI arrest when he was found slumped at wheel after taking cocktail of prescription drugs
  • Tiger Woods has reportedly checked in to The Jupiter Medical Center in Florida
  • He is 'seeking treatment for painkiller addiction' after his arrest on May 29
  • Friends say the ordeal put him at risk of losing custody of his two children
  • They claim that a clause of his agreement with ex-wife Elin Nordegren was that he must steer clear of public scandal or risk having his custody share cut
  • Woods and Nordegren divorced in 2010 after his serial infidelity was exposed
  • They have shared custody of children Sam, nine, and Charlie, eight, ever since
  • The star has apologized for his May arrest which occurred while he was under the influence of prescription drugs
  • He will return to court in Jupiter, Florida, in July to face a single DUI charge

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4596618/Tiger-Woods-checks-rehab-custody-kids.html#ixzz4joQCBfub

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Gee, you think the pharmacology was prescribed by a pill pusher?

Addictive stuff is easy to get hooked on. Getting off it is another story.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Granted, I was only on the opiates for three months but I was being kept pretty high. I coulda sh!t through a screen door for two weeks when I quit cold turkey and my head was a swimming mess but I didn't have any desire to keep taking them. No desire to go out and find more, no desire to keep popping pills, no desire to go doctor shopping. I've never enjoyed the opiate high, just want the pain to cease for kidney stones and neck trauma. I understand addiction due to nicotine and that understanding may have saved me a time or two but I can't understand why someone gets hooked on opiates.

o b juan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I remeber him early on while his dad was alive. He did a dufus thing Dyed his hair Blonde. His dad was not having it..

Hes acting like a the last years. Nuff said.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Tiger Woods spends Father's Day at the movies with his two children after he 'checked into rehab to keep shared custody' with ex-wife Elin following his DUI arrest
  • Tiger Woods was spotted at a Florida cinema with his children on Father's Day
  • Golfing legend had stopped to watch Disney film Cars 3 with his daughter Sam, 9, and son Charlie, 8, on Sunday
  • It follows reports he had checked into a rehab clinic in a bid to keep shared custody of the children he shares with ex-wife Elin Nordegren
  • The rehab stint came days after Woods was arrested for a DUI on May 29
  • He had taken a cocktail of prescription drugs when police found him asleep inside his damaged $220,000 Mercedes near his Florida mansion
  • Woods is due to face court for the DUI charge on August 9

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4616304/Tiger-Woods-spends-Father-s-Day-kids-cinema.html#ixzz4kP8jGXbD

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Tiger Woods tells fans he is receiving 'professional help' to manage his problem with prescription medication but doesn't clarify whether he is in rehab so he can 'keep shared custody of his two children'
  • Tiger Woods has stated he's receiving 'professional help' managing medications
  • The legendary golfer issued a statement Monday, refusing to say he is in rehab
  • 'I'm currently receiving professional help to manage my medications and the ways that I deal with back pain and a sleep disorder,' the 41-year-old star wrote
  • On Sunday, he was spotted at a Florida cinema with his children on Father's Day
  • It had previously been reported Woods checked himself into a rehab clinic in a bid to keep shared custody of kids he shares with his ex-wife Elin Nordegren
  • Woods was arrested for a DUI on May 29 after he was found asleep at the wheel

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4619946/Tiger-Woods-says-getting-help-managing-medications.html#ixzz4kXEQ5Wop

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Out of the Woods: Tiger tells fans via Twitter he has completed an intensive program to tackle his problem with prescription pills after his DUI arrest
  • Tiger Woods revealed he has checked out after a 'private intensive program' to tackle his problem with prescription pills
  • He pledged to 'continue to tackle this going forward with my doctors, family and friends' in a statement on Twitter, and thanked everyone for their support
  • The legendary golfer revealed last month he seeking 'professional help' to manage his medications after a back injury in April
  • It came on the heels of Woods' arrest on a DUI charge after he was found asleep at the wheel in Jupiter, Florida, around 2am on May 29
  • It had previously been reported Woods checked himself into a rehab clinic in a bid to keep shared custody of kids he shares with his ex-wife Elin Nordegren

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4663002/Tiger-finishes-intensive-program-prescription-pills.html#ixzz4lr9RtlBd

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I could see how one could become confused when taking drugs.

We have a family friend who is on a cocktail of prescription drugs for various maladies. Rheumatoid arthritus, schizophrenia, etc...

She is "doped up" but maintains her lifestyle. Her husband keeps track of the meds, otherwise she might forget what she's taking and when.

She has a good heart.

Then there's this "other" friend who is on NO drugs and worries about her appearence and what people think about her to the point of psychosis. I can't stand being around her (wife's pal). I "think" she's certifiable....

I don't mind the first gal...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Tiger Woods pleads not guilty to DUI through his lawyer as he skips court appearance two months after being found asleep at the wheel
  • Woods, 41, did not show up to the hearing in Palm Beach County on Wednesday
  • His attorney Douglas Duncan entered a not guilty quote on his behalf
  • It was part of a deal with prosecutors under which Woods must attend a diversion program
  • He was found asleep at the wheel of his parked Mercedez in May this year
  • The golfer had not been drinking but had taken a mixture of prescription pills
  • He has since completed an 'intensive' rehab program to treat how he uses pain medication

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4775108/Tiger-Woods-pleads-not-guilty-DUI.html#ixzz4pGnFBQCy

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The guy's 41 and had the world at his feet. Needs to straighten out his head, find a decent woman and settle down. Quit with the skanks and the drugs.

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Why[B
The guy's 41 and had the world at his feet. Needs to straighten out his head, find a decent woman and settle down. Quit with the skanks and the drugs.
Why? Do you want him to be as miserable as the rest of us???

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

He had a decent woman. She may not have been kinky enough for him, but she gave him 2 kids. The son is gonna clean up on the pussy. The daughter looks like she will be a fatso by her 20s.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Tiger Woods took five different drugs before he fell asleep at the wheel and was arrested by police
  • Tiger Woods ingested a cocktail of painkillers, anti-anxiety medication, sleeping pills, and marijuana just before he was arrested for DUI on May 29
  • Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office released a toxicology report on Tuesday
  • The report said that Woods had Vicodin, Dilaudid, Xanax, Ambien, and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) in his system at the time of his arrest
  • As part of a plea agreement, Woods on Wednesday agreed to enter a diversion program for first-time DUI offenders
  • Woods said he 'had been trying on my own to treat back pain and a sleep disorder...but I realise now it was a mistake to do it without medical assistance'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-4794218/Woods-took-five-drugs-fell-asleep-wheel.html#ixzz4qIEteSOp

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
a cocktail of painkillers, anti-anxiety medication, sleeping pills, and marijuana
Good thing he's a multimillionaire. If he had to face life as a broke middle class worker & stood on his feet all day doing something he didn't want to do that would be a pain, cause anxiety & he would drink to forget the misery that is his futile life.
It's got to be hard traveling the world, taking walks on the most beautiful golf courses in the world, eating in the finest restaurants, staying in 5 star motels, treated like royalty everywhere you go. Yea taking drugs to escape that makes a lot of sense.....

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
My wife is an RN who, in her late years, works one or two nights a month. Generally at around 1 to 2 AM the nurses send her and another nurse to go grab pizzas or other assorted food items from the closest quick mart. They are always getting pulled over by cops with statements like they crossed the line etc. Amazing how these cops pull these things on unaware drivers. The best thing to do is recognize if you are pulled over you will be going to the station, do not take the breath test and do not take the field sobriety test. I might add do not answer the question "have you been drinking" by politely saying that you prefer not to answer that question. The second you say yes to the drinking question you have voluntarily given the cop reasonable cause to start a DUI investigation. As stated in another thread here loose lips sink ships. Shut your mouth, co-operate but do not take any tests.
DUI is a money making machine. Be a winner and though it might cost a few dollars do not voluntarily convict yourself

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My wife is an RN who, in her late years, works one or two nights a month. Generally at around 1 to 2 AM the nurses send her and another nurse to go grab pizzas or other assorted food items from the closest quick mart. They are always getting pulled over by cops with statements like they crossed the line etc. Amazing how these cops pull these things on unaware drivers. The best thing to do is recognize if you are pulled over you will be going to the station, do not take the breath test and do not take the field sobriety test. I might add do not answer the question "have you been drinking" by politely saying that you prefer not to answer that question. The second you say yes to the drinking question you have voluntarily given the cop reasonable cause to start a DUI investigation. As stated in another thread here loose lips sink ships. Shut your mouth, co-operate but do not take any tests.
DUI is a money making machine. Be a winner and though it might cost a few dollars do not voluntarily convict yourself
You made me laugh. Long ago my wife was on night shift, nurse, at a local long term care facility. They used to call me at home to bring them a pizza around 11 or 12 pm. Cops pulled me over all the time to see if I was drinking. I live on the county border on the side that was dry at that time. Ton of bars and liquor stores across the line. It was a hassle but funny too.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The best thing to do is recognize if you are pulled over you will be going to the station, do not take the breath test and do not take the field sobriety test. I might add do not answer the question "have you been drinking" by politely saying that you prefer not to answer that question. The second you say yes to the drinking question you have voluntarily given the cop reasonable cause to start a DUI investigation. As stated in another thread here loose lips sink ships. Shut your mouth, co-operate but do not take any tests.
That stuff only works if one is close to the legal and can maintain themselves in front of the officers. If you are slurring your speech, reek of alcohol, and/or have other obvious signs of intoxication, refusing the field sobriety test and/or breathalyser ain't gonna save ya.

I understand the part about, if you haven't hurt anyone it shouldn't be considered a crime, but we don't need obviously drunk people behind the wheel. We don't allow people to run blindfolded down a busy sidewalk swinging a machete until they actually hit someone, why should we allow people to operate 2 tons of steel if they can't even walk a straight line?

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
That stuff only works if one is close to the legal and can maintain themselves in front of the officers. If you are slurring your speech, reek of alcohol, and/or have other obvious signs of intoxication, refusing the field sobriety test and/or breathalyser ain't gonna save ya.

I understand the part about, if you haven't hurt anyone it shouldn't be considered a crime, but we don't need obviously drunk people behind the wheel. We don't allow people to run blindfolded down a busy sidewalk swinging a machete until they actually hit someone, why should we allow people to operate 2 tons of steel if they can't even walk a straight line?
Not trying to argue with you but consider is two drinks in an hour really a "drunk driver?" To add to this if you tell the officer that you had a drink you can blow a zero and still be charged with impaired driving these days.
Reeks of alcohol? Unless I am mistaken alcohol is colorless and odorless.
The field sobriety test is designed to fail. For example the officer tells you to take ten toe to heel steps, rotate and return. Try this yourself. If you can rotate, per your instructions, without taking an extra step you just blew your field sobriety test.
Drunken driving and DUI are two different things. DUI is a huge money maker for schools, social workers municipalities, lawyers, judges, government workers and so on and so forth.

DUI is a legalized racket to rob your wallet. Even the lady that founded MADD quit the organization saying what it has become isn't what she intended. Remember, admit that you had a drink and the cops testimony is enough to get you charged so I maintain my original statements.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Not trying to argue with you but consider is two drinks in an hour really a "drunk driver?" To add to this if you tell the officer that you had a drink you can blow a zero and still be charged with impaired driving these days.
Reeks of alcohol? Unless I am mistaken alcohol is colorless and odorless.
The field sobriety test is designed to fail. For example the officer tells you to take ten toe to heel steps, rotate and return. Try this yourself. If you can rotate, per your instructions, without taking an extra step you just blew your field sobriety test.
Drunken driving and DUI are two different things. DUI is a huge money maker for schools, social workers municipalities, lawyers, judges, government workers and so on and so forth.

DUI is a legalized racket to rob your wallet. Even the lady that founded MADD quit the organization saying what it has become isn't what she intended. Remember, admit that you had a drink and the cops testimony is enough to get you charged so I maintain my original statements.
Technically speaking, I agree with you. Was just pointing out that if one is actually intoxicated, it tends to be obvious to the point that not taking test won't save you. Yes, I agree that the limit is set too low.
...but most alcohol containing beverages themselves are not odorless. In fact, other than vodka and Everclear, most have very distinctive odors. So even if the alcohol itself cannot be smelled, the beer, liquor or wine you've drank will give you away.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I was on a jury for DWI, the woman refused the breathalyzer and field sobriety test - the case rested entirely on the testimony of the officer. He was an ass and the jury hung - 3 to 3. No retrial.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I was on a jury for DWI, the woman refused the breathalyzer and field sobriety test - the case rested entirely on the testimony of the officer. He was an ass and the jury hung - 3 to 3. No retrial.
Then maybe she wasn't intoxicated?
...and you're saying there was no dash cam footage of when she had been arrested? No video of her in the jail? I ask because most times an intoxicated person will appear intoxicated when viewed on film. Ie: non-intoxicated people don't slur their speech, stumble and/or exhibit evidence of having motor-control issues with their body movements and if she had exhibited any of those things, surely they would have shown the Jury the video of it? If they didn't, that could very well mean she in fact was not intoxicated. Or was this in the years before the widespread use of cameras by the police?

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I had a "strained back", it got better over time, if it had not got better, I'm sure I'd have pop whatever pills the Doctor gave me....I wonder how people with a permanent bad back cope.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Then maybe she wasn't intoxicated?
...and you're saying there was no dash cam footage of when she had been arrested? No video of her in the jail? I ask because most times an intoxicated person will appear intoxicated when viewed on film. Ie: non-intoxicated people don't slur their speech, stumble and/or exhibit evidence of having motor-control issues with their body movements and if she had exhibited any of those things, surely they would have shown the Jury the video of it? If they didn't, that could very well mean she in fact was not intoxicated. Or was this in the years before the widespread use of cameras by the police?
We saw no video, only testimony. I think they had dash cams but we didn't see anything. The officer made a big deal out of her appearance - stain on her shirt, unkempt, that type of thing. When we were in the jury room, I pointed out how the cop emphasized those things but not drunken behavior. I asked the ladies if they had ever left the house not looking their best, and how would they feel if they were scrutinized the way the cop did the defendant? Two of the women changed their vote after the first vote. It started out only me as not guilty.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Generally at around 1 to 2 AM the nurses send her and another nurse to go grab pizzas or other assorted food items from the closest quick mart. They are always getting pulled over by cops with statements like they crossed the line etc.
Around here it's a bit different. Cops generally don't screw with docs, nurses or paramedics. They never know when they may need emergency medical care.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
My advice if you are ever driving while intoxicated and get pulled over - admit to nothing, even if you fall out of the car completely drunk and smell like a distillery. No, I have not been drinking, no, I will not blow, no, I will not do a field sobriety test. Answer no questions - shut up and go to jail. Let the DA prove everything without your help.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
We saw no video, only testimony. I think they had dash cams but we didn't see anything.
You can rest assured that if the video showed any signs of her actually having been intoxicated, you most certainly would have seen it. The fact you didn't, strongly implies that they had no visible evidence of her intoxication.

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Technically speaking, I agree with you. Was just pointing out that if one is actually intoxicated, it tends to be obvious to the point that not taking test won't save you. Yes, I agree that the limit is set too low.
...but most alcohol containing beverages themselves are not odorless. In fact, other than vodka and Everclear, most have very distinctive odors. So even if the alcohol itself cannot be smelled, the beer, liquor or wine you've drank will give you away.
I fully agree with your very important point' it is the beer, gin or whatever Oder that is what the cop smells. But if a cop says he smells alcohol then more or less he is wrong if he writes it up that way. Most DUIs never go to court and usually if there are any loose ends, around here, the DA will offer considerable some considerable deals. Of course they always want the money and that is a given. To me to win the DUI is to NOT plead guilty. They like you to plead guilty, then offer supervision, assorted costly social programs then the case is dismissed. However there was a guilty plea which generally means, a long story short, next time the costs and fines go way up.
Personally I think that if everyone said they would take jail time instead of fines that would be the end of the DUI money merry go round would end right then and there. Wait till those self driving cars become available...what new scheme will the politicians dream up to rob the citizenry then?

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
I thought that you had to take the test, or, automatic 1 yr suspension...

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I thought that you had to take the test, or, automatic 1 yr suspension...
In Texas, it was 6 months automatic driver license suspension for refusal, at the time - don't know if that has changed. edit: looked it up - below is from DPS.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/alr.htm

Administrative License Revocation (ALR) Program
The Administrative License Revocation (ALR) Program is a civil administrative process unrelated to criminal court proceedings. The ALR Program applies to individuals arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Boating While Intoxicated (BWI) and refuse to take or fail a blood or breath test.

Individuals who refuse or fail a blood or breath test following an arrest for DWI may have their driver license suspended from 90 days to 2 years. Refusal or failure of this test will also result in an automatic one-year disqualification for individuals with a commercial driver license.

ALR Process for DWI or BWI
If a law enforcement officer has reason to believe a driver is impaired, a set of field sobriety tests will be administered. If the driver performs poorly on the field sobriety tests then the driver will be arrested for DWI or BWI.

1. The driver is asked to take a breath or blood test to measure his/her blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level.
  2. The driver is served a notice that his/her driver license will be suspended if he/she refuses to take or fails the field sobriety test. (Registering a 0.08 BAC or greater is considered failing.) The individual then has 15 days from the date the suspension notice is served to request a hearing.
    1. If a hearing is not requested, the suspension goes into effect on the 40th day after the notice was served. (This is usually 40 days after the arrest.)
    2. For various reasons, including delayed or missing paperwork, the 40 days can be retroactive or back-dated from the date of notice.
  3. The law enforcement officer will take the individual’s driver license and issue a temporary driving permit.
  4. A $125 Reinstatement fee is required prior to the renewal or issuance of a driver license.
Hearings for ALR
In certain circumstances, individuals may be eligible to request a hearing for an administrative license revocation (ALR) to contest the suspension of their driver license. If the request is submitted within the required 15 days, DPS will send a letter to the individual to the address on record. The letter will provide the date, time and location of the hearing. Please allow up to 120 days for the hearing to be scheduled. Requests made after the required 15 days will be denied and the individual will be notified by mail.

Hearings are conducted by the State Office of Administrative Hearings. When the hearing is held, the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) will listen to all parties’ evidence. After the hearing, the ALJ will issue a final, appealable decision and order that will be sent to the parties. If the ALJ finds that DPS has proven its case, the ALJ’s order will authorize a suspension of the individual’s driver license. If the ALJ finds that DPS has not proven its case, the individual’s driver license will not be suspended.

NOTE: If you have already been through the administrative hearing process and the decision resulted in the suspension of your driver license, you may be eligible to appeal that decision.

Occupational License
Individuals may be eligible to apply for an occupational license while their driver license is suspended or revoked. To learn more about occupational licenses or to determine if you may be eligible to apply, please visit our Occupational License webpage.

Driver Eligibility Status
For individuals who are required to submit compliance documents (i.e. certificate of completion, SR-22, etc.) their driver eligibility status will change from “ineligible” to “eligible” on the License Eligibility website once all documents have been processed and fees have been paid.

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Tiger Woods unleashes his lawyers on porn site after it 'published nude selfies of him and ex Lindsey Vonn hacked from her phone' - along with stolen pictures of Miley Cyrus, Kristen Stewart and Katharine McPhee
  • Woods is said to have sent the photos to Vonn while they were in a relationship
  • But then they were reportedly hacked from her phone and shared online
  • Neither of the subjects' faces can be fully seen in any of the nude photographs
  • But what can be seen does suggest that they are the sporting former couple
  • Woods and McPhee are now threatening the site with legal action
  • Miley Cyrus, Kristen Stewart and others are also seen on the site

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4811030/Tiger-Woods-Lindsey-Vonn-nude-selfies-shared-site.html#ixzz4qTqr0emF

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Tiger Woods posts slow-motion video of him pitching after medical experts give him all-clear as former world No 1 bids to return to competitive golf
  • The former world No 1 has not played competitive golf since January this year
  • He missed cut in Farmers Insurance Open at four over par after posting 76 and 72
  • But Woods has now tweeted that his doctor gave him 'the ok to start pitching'
  • He then posted a slow-motion video of him hitting a shot from just off a green

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-4842622/Tiger-Woods-bid-return-competitive-golf.html#ixzz4rzrnw4W7

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Tiger Woods sentenced to 12 months probation and mandatory drug treatment after pleading GUILTY to reckless driving
  • Woods will be required to take a diversion program, pay a $250 fine and court costs, perform 20 hours of community service, and attend DUI school
  • 14-time major winner was arrested on May 29 in Jupiter, Florida on charges of driving under the influence, reckless driving, and improper stopping
  • Toxicology reporters released by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office showed Woods had several pain killers, anxiety calmer Xanax, a sleeping pill, and the active ingredient in marijuana, THC, in his system at the time of his arrest
  • Woods did not plead guilty to DUI, that would have had a more severe penalty

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5025173/Tiger-Woods-sentenced-year-probation-drug-treatment.html#ixzz4wjnDVns7

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Woods did not plead guilty to DUI, that would have had a more severe penalty
Anyone else woodn't have been given the option to not be charged with dui in such a case.

Typically, anyone intoxicated who is found in a car with the keys in their possession is assumed to be in contol of that vehicle.
...and it's illegal in all 50 States to be in control of a vehicle when intoxicated. There are lots of cases where those found in such circumstances are arrested charged and convicted of dui/dwi.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
The more money you gots, the more likely you go free, Its worked for white people for a long time, brother caught a break, its not like he's O.J....

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I had a "strained back", it got better over time, if it had not got better, I'm sure I'd have pop whatever pills the Doctor gave me....I wonder how people with a permanent bad back cope.
A little late with my reply cause I just read this thread tonite. I'm on full time meds and I am very careful not to drive anywhere if I can. Usually the wife is available to drive, sometimes a friend I can call on. I also turned in my CWP simply because that would have been against the statute to carry while using Schedule 1 meds.
Don't like it, but then I really don't need the hassle it would be at my age.