• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

tight squeeze getting this super yacht out

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
She's cute and the boat is too damn big...I wonder what the fuel bill is.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
It sure looks like some Saudi Prince would own it and couldn't care less about the fuel bill is....

Probably owns a bunch of oil wells...

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
She's cute and the boat is too damn big...I wonder what the fuel bill is.
I've looked at some that hold about 20,000 gallons of diesel. Probably 4-5 bucks a gallon. So 80-100k a fill up and you could make it across the Atlantic without refueling.
Something smaller like the Fleming 65 uses about a gallon a nautical mile. Still out of my price range. I fill up my honda about once a month for 30 bucks. LOL.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I've looked at some that hold about 20,000 gallons of diesel. Probably 4-5 bucks a gallon. So 80-100k a fill up and you could make it across the Atlantic without refueling.
Something smaller like the Fleming 65 uses about a gallon a nautical mile. Still out of my price range. I fill up my honda about once a month for 30 bucks. LOL.
That Nuke Icebreaker you posted the vid of, that thing uses about 400 grams a day of uranium, I forgot what they said, but it was equivalent 10's of thousands of gallons of diesel. Those yachts could use a nuke.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
That Nuke Icebreaker you posted the vid of, that thing uses about 400 grams a day of uranium, I forgot what they said, but it was equivalent 10's of thousands of gallons of diesel. Those yachts could use a nuke.
I was thinking the same thing. Why aren't mini nuke plants put in these things already?

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
what really blows my mind is when you come some of these mega yachts to say our military shit. In the video I am posting here, these first 2 yachts were around 600 million each.. Thats with accommodations of the highest caliber, exotic woods and high end finishes and all the latest electronics and some of the best engines ever designed on the planet.
Now take those 2 ships, either one actually, over 400 feet long with multiple decks and compare them to 1 F35. If you wanted 2 f 35's it would cost more than 1 of these mega yachts. Sure there's some specialty electronics in the f 35's but really hard to imagine that those planes couldn't be built for a little less money.
Here's a little more perspective. For the US annual spy budget of 80 billion, we could build 115 of these mega yachts.