• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Today's 1086 point rise on the Dow, dead cat bounce or...?

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I don't know, but I smell a rat.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
You orchestrate a pullback ....you then orchestrate a buyback. It’s how the big boys pay for all the Christmas bonuses and ski trips.

We get like two of these a year like clockwork. Take advantage of it.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
and, what was that bozosaying? Oh yeah he said the Trump was in Eye-rack and he could not tweet so the markets responded.

Me? I am going with the dead cat bounce.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Any record of the buyers?
Brokerage houses. Nothing that requires reporting to any agency. Large enough to move a market, but not large enough to attract attention. Goddamn computer trading!

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I was gonna say the PPT was called and they seem to have responded. Just how much money do these guys have sitting around?
As much as they can print.
Question is, how much longer can they run the printing press, full tilt, without crashing the dollar?
Not much longer.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I thought all trades were reported at some level.
Only certain trades are reported.
When computers send a thousand small trades, in one second, then nothing gets reported.
COMPUTER TRADING.
No tracking.
The Feds have access to,all the computer trading bells and whistles.
Manipulate at will.
No tracking.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The fed do not print, K? The treasury prints. Your'n and mine full faith and credit go directly to the fed and do not pass go. The fed, on treaty with USA INCORPORATED black the pay to the cia to keep it/the fed alive. And, so with the rest of the military to keep it alive.

Any questions?

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Question is, how much longer can they run the printing press, full tilt, without crashing the dollar?
Not much longer.
They don't even need to print it any more - just a few mouse clicks and instant money.

Well, it's not really "money," but that's for a whole different thread.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
When you "make" the market you control the market, and you can "front run" the market whatever direction you make it. Then you make it again & it whips the other way taking your losses & making them profits.
Besides it was Trump is a terrible guy talk for Christmas. But the day after they are back to fleecing the sheeple.
Gotta have a strong stomach just to hang on in a manipulated game like this.
Pretty much legalized theft at this point.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Everything up today...stocks, USD, crude, and most commodities except gold.

Oversold conditions on a short- and mid-term basis that led to a "correction" to the upside today. Until the Federal Reserve (that is neither federal nor has any reserves) halts the interest hikes, the general stock market is going to be a hot mess IMHO.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The fed do not print, K? The treasury prints. Your'n and mine full faith and credit go directly to the fed and do not pass go. The fed, on treaty with USA INCORPORATED black the pay to the cia to keep it/the fed alive. And, so with the rest of the military to keep it alive.

Any questions?
Sure!
What's an open fed window?
What the hell are they passing out that window to the banksters. What do you call that? It is that transaction that I refer to when I say printing press. Other pundits do so,as well. Entire economy is funded through that window.
The Fed window is discussed quite often on the financial networks, and I have never heard the US Treasury brought up in these discussions.
Explain please.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Big money sold into the decline to book a loss before year end, then turned around and bought back their market positions. It was all about accounting/tax voodoo.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Not much longer.
Probably 21 TRILLIONS DOLLARS WORTH:

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Severely oversold - on an historical basis "oversold". Combination of PPT, short covering, and End of Year Pension funds rebalancing.

From an Elliot Wave perspective, looks like a wave 2 bounce inside wave 1 of higher degree wave 3 down. Maybe up to another 50-100 S&P points more to go in this corrective bounce. Maybe. Then a big flush - 17-18,000 on the Dow could come in the first Quarter 2019. Or not. Lol.

Just my opinion - don't bet money on it.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Severely oversold - on an historical basis "oversold". Combination of PPT, short covering, and End of Year Pension funds rebalancing.

From an Elliot Wave perspective, looks like a wave 2 bounce inside wave 1 of higher degree wave 3 down. Maybe up to another 50-100 S&P points more to go in this corrective bounce. Maybe. Then a big flush - 17-18,000 on the Dow could come in the first Quarter 2019. Or not. Lol.

I think we are looking at a DOW 10,000, and parity with gold, $10,000.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
What caused this huge one day rise?
MSM is saying leaving Syria is the reason it tanked.

Of course, we know it has nothing to do with Syria, but a lot of lefties sure believe it's true...

Interesting it went up 1K pts...

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Longs have to be very careful and not get carried away. Lock in their profits and not hang in the markets over nite or over weekends when any bad news can take the markets down to unreasonable lows. Even though there are excellent companies, earnings growth potential etc, the downturns are not sparing them either when institutions download. There is a total disconnect between stock prices, companies and future potential.
Ultimately there is no safe haven and it might be preservation of capital may be the best bet then chasing phantom divident S and stock price appreciation.
The more this seesaw movements in stock markets, the less people will be wanting to invest in this charade.

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Is Armstrong still predicting the DOW to double in 12 months time from whatever the bottom is? Phase Transition he calls it....

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Sure!
What's an open fed window?
What the hell are they passing out that window to the banksters. What do you call that? It is that transaction that I refer to when I say printing press. Other pundits do so,as well. Entire economy is funded through that window.
The Fed window is discussed quite often on the financial networks, and I have never heard the US Treasury brought up in these discussions.
Explain please.
Look you know as well as I do that the treasury prints and the fed gives it the blessing then out the window it goes. The irs is an arm of the fed so all the duckets the people pay go directly to the fed, then the Corporation issues notes in which the fed purchases along with other banks at a discount there for it is inherent that there is no value of or in what is issued and that is the inflation and debt we are in. So this is the asset bubble that they are trying to force onto the retailers and by retailers I am referring to those that manage BIG money management corporations on wall street not your local mom and pop stores or your local wall mart.

The inevitable is working its way to the top and it is going to have to be dealt with so this rally is just a dead cat bounce to get those retailers to bye in and make the banks losses more palatable. So the way it looks we purchase this crap now or we purchase it later with a bail out either way we are screwed because there has to be a value churn to keep the thing running but we only get to play with the perceived assets which are debt. This/these assets are what they want purchased because that is what they are selling. So get the market revved up and slip them in to the unwary.

Now that is why I am calling this a dead cat bounce.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Or a small degree Wave 4.

In the bigger picture, the 1000 point rally in the DJIA is barely a blip.

djia-122618.jpg

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Apparently the record-breaking 1086 point up-move is a "one-hit" wonder. Back to reality.................

DOW down 319 points

Nasdaq down 122 points

S&P 500 down 35 points

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Apparently the record-breaking 1086 point up-move is a "one-hit" wonder. Back to reality.................

DOW down 319 points

Nasdaq down 122 points

S&P 500 down 35 points
I believe its called "taking profits".:holding hands:

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I believe its called "taking profits".:holding hands:
Ya think??????

The talking-heads on the MSM were blaiming tax-loss selling as a reason for the decline. Which would make sense to me given the declines in the stock market during this month of December. If one has a big stock market loss like that, you might as well get Uncle Sam to help soothe those losses when it is time to file a Schedule D form.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Or a small degree Wave 4.

In the bigger picture, the 1000 point rally in the DJIA is barely a blip.
But the Fed was Magnanimous enough to fund this 1000 point rally, with our fucking money!
A for sure, losing bet, indeed.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Probably 21 TRILLIONS DOLLARS WORTH:
Goldie --

If that video was spot on, I would be cheering. It would mean that humanity would have a good chance of surviving.

And frankly, the whole thing would have to be clandestine as hell... think about it. Nothing at all would be done as a community project (gee wow), and billionaire's private hideout (nope, not enough), or ANY fargin gummint.

Not one dime would be spent by gummint. Not for something that might not even happen. Lookit L.A. -- cholera, dysntery, measles, shit in the streets... and the people living there do not want a wall ($5B) that would cost less than New York City is most ricky-tick going to spend on the Queens Midtown Tunnel. TINS <<-- 19 Billion, IIRC.

THAT $21TT did not specifically hurt us. Nobody really even noticed, did they? And yet, it may save Mankind from extinction.

My call: If they aint dunnit, den day oughta do it!

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Ya think??????

The talking-heads on the MSM were blaiming tax-loss selling as a reason for the decline. Which would make sense to me given the declines in the stock market during this month of December. If one has a big stock market loss like that, you might as well get Uncle Sam to help soothe those losses when it is time to file a Schedule D form.
Yes depend on the government to solve financial problems, heck why stop there maybe all of your problems. What ever happened to RESPONSIBILITY?

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yes depend on the government to solve financial problems, heck why stop there maybe all of your problems. What ever happened to RESPONSIBILITY?
Responsibility in taking advantage of the tax deductions that are there in the tax code. That is what is written in the tax-law (i.e selling an investment at a loss and deducting the loss against ordinary income) and people who are selling stocks at a loss are taking advantage of that. Uncle Sam subsidizing losses that investors incurred??? Yeah but that is what is in the tax code and investors are taking advantage of it. With that being said, I prefer to make money and take profits when I sell something whether it is PM's, stocks, cryptos, etc.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
DOW now down 431.96 points.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
1.9% Let not jump off any bridges just yet folks! Don't let the MSM turn us all into Chicken Littles
Nope. Not jumping off any bridges. Not suicidal. Me personally I am not worried about it. I do not have a 401-K that is invested in stock mutual funds (I do not have a 401-K period). I'm just watching (and commenting) from the sidelines.

Now if silver goes down to $8/oz than...................................................WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!